MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-25-2002, 02:22 PM   #1
cyberstang5.0
347ci of HORSE POWER!!!

Unhappy Topless still moving...

I just spoke with Topless (Christine) and man, she is about to go crazy. She is having problems with her water, heating, and other crap like that in her new house.... She wanted me to let everybody know that she has been super busy and hasn't abanded MW forever, so I am speaking on her behalf. She is going to take some pics and try to post them later. Either she or I will announce the house warming party. Keep her in your prayers.
cyberstang5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 04:03 PM   #2
mustangdani55
Registered Member

well I figured she was busy or finishing. What is goin on with all her stuff?
She is probably pretty frustrated huh? I hust found out I have to move soon... Alone...better off. Anyway. Whan you speak to Christine, tell her I said HOWDY form INDY.
Old 02-25-2002, 04:55 PM   #3
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Good luck Christine! I popped on briefly to say hi, but didn't see ya here!
I found out how to get my avatar!!
Old 02-26-2002, 01:28 AM   #4
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

well christine sorry to hear that your move is going bad,that sux i hope you get everything straightened out, best of wishes ,marty & odie.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 01:01 PM   #5
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Unhappy LIVING IN FRUSTRATION! :(

Hey Everyone...

I know i've been nonexistent...not by choice. I had to take today off to get some things done that SHOULD have been done on Monday...Just wanted to pop in and give a run down on the moving. I'm emotionally and physically drained, and unfortunately, I don't see an

end to it anytime soon. Heres an update:

I was up till 6 a.m on Sat. morning packing. Set my alarm for 7 hoping to get an hour catnap b4 the guys showed. At 9am they were bangin on my door. I didn't hear the security phone call to let them in!
It was me, WhiteSnake, Rainman, Col. Dan, OneSlowSaleen, and Bob (only Chevy owner.) The move went great and we got everything in Bobs enclosed car trailer and 4 trucks. I bought everyone breakfast, and only one thing got broken. A cabinet for my 1/2 bath. The fishes and turtles survived, although they were sloshed around pretty good.
They all split around 3pm.

Here's were the fun starts. Thank God I had electricity. I had NO HEAT NO HOT WATER (no gas) till Monday morning. I froze my *** off on Sat. night. Crashed about 2:30 a.m. Sat. and Sunday nite. Had no fridge till Monday afternoon. Lived out of a cooler for 2 1/2 days. ( a small one) Had to fill up my fishtanks (one rather large) with water that I had to microwave in bowls cuz it was about 50 degrees..and I didn't want fishcicles...that took FOREVER!!! Also, I was lucky that the people left me their small microwave. That thing was a lifesaver over the weekend!!! I still can't find ANYTHING. I didn't find my coffee till Monday night and couldn't find where I packed my work clothes for safe keeping so I could find them. Ice Cold showers SUCK!

I never did get a shot of all the crap in my garage before I started unpacking. I''m only about 1/2 unpacked, if THAT much. Theres still a lot of crap in my garage but not as bad as the first 2 days...I got a couple of posters hung. I'll post the garage later, when its more done.

Went appliance shopping on Sunday. Got my washer/dryer from Sears. Ended up w/ a Kenmore. They're to be delivered Friday. I might be here, I might not. I might leave town! ugghh! I got the Fridge from Conns. I think its a Whirlpool, but I can't be sure. I have to look and see.
I got it there cuz I needed it shipped ASAP. They delivered it Monday.

Here's where I really start stressing: Monday am when the guy from the gas co. came out to hook up the gas. He took one look at my gas Furnace and told me to get it looked at...well lo and behold, the inductor has a big CRACK in it! He redtagged it because of carbon monoxide and to make a long story short - because of circumstances - it looks like I'm out of the $1375 check I had to write last night to pay for a new *******' unit!!!! It was 25 degrees here last night, and I couldn't wait to have it done. But now, for some reason, I have no heat blowing in my downstairs!!! Don't know why? Some of my vents are closed off (like in MY BEDROOM and BATHROOM) and the ceilings are like 20 feet tall. My ex is gonna come by after work today and try to open them. My kitchen is like a meat locker.

SOOOOO.....I rescheduled all my appts today, I'm supposed to be at work. I had to to take care of the things I couldn't Monday cuz I"m jacking w/ this Damn heater stuff. Changing addresses for Credit cards, cutting off utilities at the apt., paying bills, and balancing my check book. I have to go to the apt later and get my food out of the fridge, vacuum it and clean the stove and fridge. I think I can kiss my deposit away. I'm sure my plants in the back froze as well....

Other than that, on a good note: I LOVE MY HOUSE> it is perfect(well, almost!) and I cant wait to get all this **** done so I can start unpacking, and doing the fun stuff. This has not been terribly fun so far!! I didn't realize how much was gonna go into doing this alone!!!!! If anyone is bored and wants something to do, feel free to come and help me unpack!! hahaha.
(How bout for some Margaritas or Russians?? )
oh yea, the Guy from the Gas co. is here now again. My meter has a leak, he has to jerk it out and put a new one in......UUUGHGHGHGHGHGHHH!!!

Gee, I can't figure why I have a nagging headache for 2 days and my neck is killing me???
Well, just wanted to do a "short" update!!! HAHAHAHA I'm sure once all this is done, everything will be fine.. I go back to work tomorrow. Then off for another 3 days! Sooooo......I'll post some pics when I get it presentable enough to take some! Thanks for the concern...

Hey Dani...so your moving on your own too????? Hope its a good thing.....Don't let this discourage you, it IS a good thing just little crappy things that are frustrating. I'm sure in a few weeks I'll laugh about it! Good luck to you. Thanks guys for your support!

Talk to you later....Topless aka: Tantrum In Texas

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2002, 02:18 PM   #6
mustangdani55
Registered Member

youklnow Christine, I was gonna tease you and say better you than me. But...!!!!! haha
It is ok. I am packing here and there and as soon as I get paid this week, I suppose I will finish, if it doesn't snow again..We have a couple of inches on the ground. I hate snow. But this winter has been ultra mild,so we knew when it hit it would be messy..and it is. Pray for sunshine and warm weather.
Old 02-27-2002, 02:51 PM   #7
gt lee

Wow Christine, you sure have had your hands full, I feel sorry for ya cause I know how upsetting it can be to move into your dream house and have so many things happen that really **** I have been there and so I know, but look at the brighter side, when all is done and you sit back fix a drink turn the music on and RELAXE you will feel great. Keep us posted and take care, Odie
Old 02-27-2002, 05:26 PM   #8
lx mike
Undescribable

Ahhhh the adventures of a new house. when we moved into our house 12 years ago was in middle of summer so we didn't rush it and wear outselves out and had just a little bit of trouble witha plaster indian my mom painted, he broke in half when he was lifted up but we got him back togetehr and you can't even tell where he was broke. the first night we got in i had to work till 11 and when i got home there was no power on at all! I assked my mom and she said it went out around 9 and she had all the windows open and was sitting in dark waitibng for me. used a neighbors phone and got an electrician out and had to replace some wires in the electrical box outside. ina few years you'll look abck and have a good laugh at all that has happened.
Rice Haters Club Member #101
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 12:59 AM   #9
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

sounds like a nightmare didnt they check out all the bad stuff before you bought the house?,that really sux well i hope you get it straightened out soon ,good luck.

R H C- member # 1
Old 02-28-2002, 01:15 AM   #10
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Thumbs down

Sounds like somebody should be getting a serious refund. This is all BS. That's why you have homes inspected. Stuff is supposed to be disclosed, or repaired when you purchase.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 01:58 AM   #11
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Post UPDATE ONTHE UPDATE :\

Well, I got alot done today i wanted to do as far as phonecalls, paperwork, etc. etc. Took me about 3 hours this morning to do all that stuff. I just a little bit ago got the number from my realtor of the guy i bought the house from. I want to call him and let him know about what happened. He was VERY NICE thru the whole moving ordeal and was more than generous as far as going the extra mile. The more I think about it, the more I wish I could have a 'little' compensation for what I had to pay for the Heater. Had I know this...I would not have moved in till it was fixed FIRST! We'll see...but I wont hold my breath!
I got the leaky toilet fixed. My air ducts are now all open. I got Carbon Monoxide Detectors put upstairs where all the bedrooms are. My vents downstairs are still not blowing ANYTHING> Its WARM up stairs and downstairs you could put an Igloo(complete w/ Eskimos'!) The guy that did the furnace is gonna meet me here after work and check out my duct work and find out WHY i have no blow downstairs!!!! Thank God my bedrooms are upstairs!!
Went to the apt. tonight. Cleaned the fridge and the stove. Didn't know about wearing gloves using Easy Off. I got chemical burns up both my arms..the right one is the worst! OUCH! Left little holes in my arm and my elbow.
Well as far as ALL my plants inthe back of the apt....they are GONE!!!!! I dont know where they went, but I KNOW they did not get up and leave on thier own! (no PUN intended!) I'm gonna go turn in my keys and stuff tomorrow and ask them. I'm thinking maybe they put them in my garage cuz the freeze??? BUT, I kinda doubt it!!! I had Very expensive Bulbs and lots of stuff I was REALLY looking forward to planting....Guess I'll have to go to the Ex's and dig some out of his yard...

Gonna make it thru my long day at work tomorrow and hit it again.. the weekend. Maybe throw a stress relieving road trip in on Friday....
BTW: Once I'm settled...there WILL be a party......whose interested??? Comeon you SLACKERS!!!!!
TNT...Tantrum In Texas
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a bunch of texass.jpg (78.5 KB, 29 views)

Old 02-28-2002, 03:29 AM   #12
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Oh Christine! I'm sure you'll be so happy when all this **** is done with! I'll be thinkin about you, and wishin you the best of luck, sorry I haven't been on yahoo too often lately, down time, ya know??
Old 02-28-2002, 05:13 AM   #13
PKRWUD

Wow. This one rivals Mercury's best stories! Good luck, girl. I wish there was something I could do to help.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 12:30 PM   #14
mustangdani55
Registered Member

I am so HAPPY that you got all your stuff done. But you should always wear gloves when mwessing with that stuff...it hurts!!

I am actually looking forward to being on my own. No b.s. to put up with from the opposite sex for a while. I don't have to sit alone every night and wait for someone to come home after a night at the booby bar.
Old 03-02-2002, 12:25 AM   #15
347MOM
Registered Member

Well Topless I cant wait for the the house warming party at your house we always have a BLAST when we come over there to all you guys!!! I hope that things are getting better since I talked to you earlier this morning!!! Let us know if we can do anything to help!!

Girls can too's August "Mare of the Month"
347MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 02:50 AM   #16
Mustangmom2k
Registered Member

Red face

Two words: HOME INSPECTION

You know I used to be a Realtor, right? You could have made your initial offer contingent on a satisfactory home inspection. When all this would have shown up, you would have either asked that the sellers fix them, or you would have offered less money for the house. I can't believe your Realtor didn't advise you of this!! Unless you did not work with a buyer-agent.

I know, I know, hindsight is 20/20. I'm not trying to beat you up...I'm so sorry this is happening to you! I just get upset when people I care about go through BS or get screwed over. But when it's all over with, you will be good and ready to really enjoy that awesome house! Wish I could go to the housewarming and have a White Russian!!
Best ET-13.587 @100.63 Best RT .500 (really!)
------ 234 RWHP 279 RWTQ
GirlsCanToo Oct. Mare of the Month

Son #1 - '87 GT 331 stroker and 03 Cobra Son #2 - '89 LX 5.0 stock notchback and 89 LX hatchback w/lots of goodies
Mustangmom2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 05:47 PM   #17
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Smile UPDATE # 3 :|

Well....I just got home. I left yesterday afternoon for that 'stress-relief' road trip. AND it was great! I'm in a MUCH better mood now!!!!! I picked Caitlin up on the way home, and I will be here working ont he house now for the rest of the weekend thru Monday!!! BTW: Since this 5 hour road trip I'm only lacking 170 more miles till I hit 100000K on TOPLESS!!!!!!!
Well, we figured out the prob. w/ the downstairs not blowing...the ducts were closed!!!! DDUUHHHH!!!!!!! I'm such an idiot!!!! BUT, Noone else noticed it either, so i'm not the only idiot.
My washer and dryer arrived yesterday right before I left town. I'm about to do my first load of wash!!!
I talked to the inspector again, and he said to fax him the invoices. I'm not sure, but I DO think hes planning on giving me SOME TYPE of compensation. He said he has never had that happen before, and he truly feels bad. The more I think about it, the more I DO THINK he should pay up!!!! I shouldn't have to have forked out that $$$$!!!!!! I'm waiting to get the invoice from the guy that did the work, hopefully he will get it to me SOON!!!!! I'd like some $$$ back!!!!!
My arm looks gross. Thank God my oven in the house is self cleaning!!!!! I learned a valuable lesson!!!!! I took the keys back to the apt. THEY THREW ALL MY PLANTS AWAY!!!! I WAS PISSED!!!!! They said they thought they were garbage!!! ALL My bulbs and cool stuff, i'm just SICK ABOUT IT!!!!!
Still gotta buy a cieling fan for my bedroom, and i want a new Computer desk! OH YEAH.....SPEAKING OF....my PC crashed Thursday night!!!!! in a bad way!!!! I took it to my client that owns a Die-Cast Car/Computer place and his guys fixed it while I waited. I needed a new modem and he put in more memory!!! wooohoooo.......I was so PISSED Thursday night!!!! I was up till 3am Thursday night trying to get it online....I kicked it a few times, and it didn't help... Cant say I was surprised, considering how the rest of the week went!!!!! But so far since I've been home its been great, and I'm getting my cable and gonna get hooked up to RoadRunner next FRIDAY!!! I'm sure I"ll be happy w/ it!
well, I"m gonna run and get busy! A client of mine brought me a bottle of Crown for a house warming gift!! Thought that was cool! Still planning on a party, but it will be a while, till I get everything put away! Thanks for the support, i've really needed it this week. I dont deal well w/ stress and change!!!!

TNT Tantrum In Texas

Old 03-02-2002, 06:40 PM   #18
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

lord christine i dont blame you, when we looked at our house it was spotless ,when we closed they left this place trashed, even left bag's of garbage, then the jerk's told me there was no power, ha i found out they turned off the main , well while the power was still in their name,we left everything running ,and every light on we could, they left a small chest freezr & said that their,kin would be over to get it ,i unplugged it for 2 day's ,with their garbage inside then i made them wait a week before i let them have it, i hate it when people dont keep their word i guess i am just part of the old day's, oh well i hope you get everything straightened out ,but i think you have a good case against them,best of luck to you ,take care

R H C- member # 1
Old 03-03-2002, 02:54 AM   #19
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Thumbs up NOW I'M HAVING FUN!!!

NOW I'M HAVING FUN!!!! I'm setting up my computer/trophy room!!! Knocked out about 20+ boxes tonight!!! Still got at least another 20 or so to go!
There is light at the end of the tunnel!!!!! If I'm gonna finish my trophy room, I'm probably gonna be up a few more hours!! heheh

Old 03-03-2002, 04:05 AM   #20
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Talking some pics of my trophy/computer room

I did some 'hangin' tonight....whatdyathink?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg picture 9.jpg (48.6 KB, 20 views)