MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-01-2002, 12:05 PM   #1
Barrfight
Registered Member

Default Ft. Collins, CO Adventures

I went to colorado to visit a buddy of mine and we decided to see if we could catch any races in Ft. Collins. We got plenty of races. Our first one was against an acura integra with a huge spoiler, crappy paint job, pink tail lights, and ground effects galore. He said he ran 12's so i was all for racing him (i'm guessing my car runs mid 13's). I'm always up for a challenge. He was squeezing but he still never had a chance. I beat him by like 2 car lengths. I had an awesome launch. He was a cool guy about it. I'm not sure if he used the NO2 or not. I didn't ask him, cuz I didn't want to sound like a jerk, "Hey man, were you spraying or not?", know what I mean?
The next race was against a CRX. Actually, he started about 2 yards back and tried a flyby, but i caught him in my mirror. I punched the gas and he pulled up to me after i got on it, but then i shifted and was gone.
I messed around with a couple other imports there, but no domestics would race me. Anyone from around Ft. Collins want to explain this to me? Is there something about a non-familiar car with out of state plates that makes everyone scared or something?
Oh, yeah, I did get one race with a domestic while I was out there, a BOSS truck....90-something silverado stepside with a corvette badge on the side, lowered, nice exhaust sound. I have never seen one of these before, but i think i remember hearing about one somewhere. anyway, we were on Hwy. 25 north of Ft. Collins. I pulled up beside him to pass and he nailed it. He was only going about 65 and all of a sudden i heard tires squeal. Somebody fill me in on what this truck is and what's in these things. I tried to keep up, but I had no chance. He was waaaaaay too fast.
sorry this is so long, but oh well......later

HOOAH!

Red 1991 LX 5.0 Hatchback
BBK Headers
2 Chamber Flowmasters
2 1/2 in. exhaust
Underdrives
1.7 roller rockers
ported stock intake and heads
3.73 gears
Barrfight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 02:38 PM   #2
vtec8ter
Registered Member

Talking go back and spank that truck

it actually doesnt matter what kind of truck it was. just go back there with slicks and get some 4:10's and spray the hell outta him, and start from a dead stop..... you know. and nice kill on the import. those are always nice.....especially when they spray.
vtec8ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 06:34 PM   #3
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

I have seen some Chevy pickups on TV that some compay builds that have Vette LS1's in them with round taillights in the back like a vette. Could be one of those.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 09:47 PM   #4
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

I was in Ft. Collins about a week and a half ago. Not sure about why no domestics would race you. Probably all just driving the car for the image and aren't the real auto enthusiasts....where do you live?
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2002, 10:36 PM   #5
7up
Registered Member

I'm from Greeley CO which is about half an hour South East of Ft. Collins. There are tons of riced out imports here and a lot of camaros. I have noticed none of the imports that look fast will ever race me. I have had one good race with an import since July when I got my Mustang and that was with an early 90's Eclispe that I barely beat to 70 from a 20 mph roll. I anded up kicking his A** another time, but he had 3 people with him so that wasn't fair.

I know what you mean about the domestics not racing. I pulled up to a 96ish mustang with saleen decals all over it a huge double decker spoiler and all this body work on it. We pulled up next to each other at 3 stop lights in a row and he wouldn't do anything I kept reving my enging and slowing down for him and gunning it and he wouldn't even look over. Finally i was going strtaight and he was in the turn lane and he rolls down his window and he's like I heard your vortech when you took off how much was that? We talked for a bit and he seemed cool, but I still couldn't believe he wouldn't race me. It was all image and seems like there is way too much of that around here. Maybe my Vortech Superchargers decal scares people off. I did beat a Trans AM Convertible later that day in a one block race (It was like Ben Stiller and Robert De Niro racing in meet the parents) so that made me feel better.
Ricer Hater's Club-member #16
7up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 03:57 PM   #6
Barrfight
Registered Member

Default No NO2

I forgot to mention, I left the NO2 bottle at home, so all the races were all motor.
Blwnvert, I was in Greeley later that night. My buddy knows some chick that works at Fat Albert's. Have you ever been there? It's like a bar that's in the basement of a bank. Pretty cool place. Yeah, i did notice a lot of rice, and a lot of cops in Greeley.
6t9Pony, I actually drove thru your town on the way to Laramie, WY, which was the first stop on my trip. No offense, but Nebraska sucks.......way too long to drive across it. By the way, I'm from Clinton, IA...It's about as far east as you can get in Iowa, right on the "nose" of the state.

HOOAH!

Red 1991 LX 5.0 Hatchback
BBK Headers
2 Chamber Flowmasters
2 1/2 in. exhaust
Underdrives
1.7 roller rockers
ported stock intake and heads
3.73 gears
Barrfight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 12:34 AM   #7
7up
Registered Member

Yeah I know Fat Alberts, I haven't been there forever though. There are tons of cops in Greeley, especially in the last couple weeks. There have been a bunch accidents this year so they have decided to patrol like crazy. I also live right next to the police station so I always see cops. I also live right next to one of the best bars in Greeley, which isn't saying a lot, but it helps to even out the police station thing.
Ricer Hater's Club-member #16
7up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 01:26 AM   #8
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

You're tellin ME Nebraska sucks....no joke....I drive back and forth from here to Hastings pretty often. That's a 8 hour drive roundtrip with absolutely NO scenery whatsoever.

Wyoming is 10 times worse than Nebraska though. Every once in a while you go through a town with a sign that says "Shittsville, Pop. 11"...Seriously. There were many a towns with populations less than 20 and they had it posted along with the elevation.

Iowa at least has a few hills.... And the funny weed grows wild along the roads, at least in western Iowa. I have family in all the small towns over there. Red Oak, Malvern, Tabor, my mom is from Council Bluffs, too.....
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: