View Single Post
Old 04-01-2002, 12:05 PM   #1
Barrfight
Registered Member

Default Ft. Collins, CO Adventures

I went to colorado to visit a buddy of mine and we decided to see if we could catch any races in Ft. Collins. We got plenty of races. Our first one was against an acura integra with a huge spoiler, crappy paint job, pink tail lights, and ground effects galore. He said he ran 12's so i was all for racing him (i'm guessing my car runs mid 13's). I'm always up for a challenge. He was squeezing but he still never had a chance. I beat him by like 2 car lengths. I had an awesome launch. He was a cool guy about it. I'm not sure if he used the NO2 or not. I didn't ask him, cuz I didn't want to sound like a jerk, "Hey man, were you spraying or not?", know what I mean?
The next race was against a CRX. Actually, he started about 2 yards back and tried a flyby, but i caught him in my mirror. I punched the gas and he pulled up to me after i got on it, but then i shifted and was gone.
I messed around with a couple other imports there, but no domestics would race me. Anyone from around Ft. Collins want to explain this to me? Is there something about a non-familiar car with out of state plates that makes everyone scared or something?
Oh, yeah, I did get one race with a domestic while I was out there, a BOSS truck....90-something silverado stepside with a corvette badge on the side, lowered, nice exhaust sound. I have never seen one of these before, but i think i remember hearing about one somewhere. anyway, we were on Hwy. 25 north of Ft. Collins. I pulled up beside him to pass and he nailed it. He was only going about 65 and all of a sudden i heard tires squeal. Somebody fill me in on what this truck is and what's in these things. I tried to keep up, but I had no chance. He was waaaaaay too fast.
sorry this is so long, but oh well......later

HOOAH!

Red 1991 LX 5.0 Hatchback
BBK Headers
2 Chamber Flowmasters
2 1/2 in. exhaust
Underdrives
1.7 roller rockers
ported stock intake and heads
3.73 gears
Barrfight is offline   Reply With Quote