MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-04-2002, 02:37 PM   #1
7up
Registered Member

Default Fun after the wedding

I went to one of my old buddies weddings yesterday, it was a lot of fun except I was 15 minutes late do to a little too much fun Friday night and my phone which is my alarm clock being covered up with blankets so I couldn't hear it. After the wedding and reception my friend Ryan and I were heading back to my car when we found some of the other guests decorating the grooms car. One of the kids there was about 16 or so and he asked if he could drive my car. I politley told him I didn't think so. Then he said well burn them off when you leave. I backed out of the spot and almost hit some people because I couldn't see do to two large trucks beside me. They were from the wedding too and they gave me a signal to do a burnout too. I was a little reluctant being in a packed Holiday Inn parking lot, but I figured what the hell. I revved it to 4K and dropped the clutch. Had a nice slow 15 foot burn out with lots of smoke. I got some cheers and thumbs up, it was cool.

On the way home I see a really cool car coming up beside me. It turns out to be a Lotus Esprit S4. I don't know if those had the v-8's or not, but it looked really good. It was black with real nice rims. I kept goosing it to get him to run, but he wouldn't even look at me. The all the sudden when I am stuck behind traffic, he gets a clear lane and took off. I haven't seen a car accelerate like that for a long time. That thing moved, I am sure he would have smokled me, but I would have still liked to race him, he turned off and I didn't get the chance.

Then I get back to Greeley from Ft. Collins where the wedding was and I am stopped at a stoplight and I hear revving behind me. Fart can revving. I take off a little and the car keeps up with me fairly well so I pull into the other lane and we hit a red light next too each other. The car was a mid eighties Rx-7, it doesn't have the turbo hood scoop so I am not too worried. Light turns green and I nail it and instantly get a car and then keep pulling on him until about 50 when I had to shut down becasue of another red light. I could hear his turbo spool up and his blow off valve, he must have put a turbo in, but it still didn't have much power. They turn off at the light and I give the peace sign, all I got was two dirty looks from some punk teenagers. Oh well.
Ricer Hater's Club-member #16
7up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 02:52 PM   #2
Rev
Registered Member

Default Re: Fun after the wedding

Quote:
Originally posted by 7up
They turn off at the light and I give the peace sign, all I got was two dirty looks from some punk teenagers. Oh well.
There was a thread in the Blue Oval about people like that. The title had a few *'s in it too.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: