MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-29-2002, 10:38 AM   #1
GodStang
College Stanger

Default Fun racing last nite. Super fast Vette.

Went racing with my buddies last nite. One has a 1998 Cobra with 3.73 gears, Bassani x-pipe, flowmasters, and CAI. He ran mid 14's the first time and 15's the second.
Here is the good one. My buddy brought his 1999 Corvette that had borla exhast and CAI. His first run was Mid 14's. His second was a Whooping low 20s. Yes that is 20s.

For all of those busting on the new Cobra getting beat by LS1s and saying how slow the new Cobras are, this shows that it alot of times is the driver.

They see a guy drive a LS1 car that he has had for a year or two and knows how to run it and has experiance with the car go up against a guy that has had a 03 Cobra for a week and the LS1 wins. They see this and automaticlly says the new Cobra is slow and they think that this is the truth not realizing that the guys driving my SUCK. This Just shows my theory that no matter how fast the car (03 cobra) you can still lose to a slower car (camero SS, T/A).

I am just sick of everyone putting down the new Cobra. When you get the same Driver to drive both the cobra and the SS, T/A, you realize that the Cobra is faster. Thanks for listening to me vent.