MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-02-2001, 04:03 AM   #1
CobraMan
Registered Member

Talking The funniest, most humiliating (for him) race I have been in! Long...

After getting stood up by some friends, I decided to cruise up and down this wide-open, long road for a little while. It's a pretty big street where a lot of 'curious' people go with their fast cars--or thinking it's fast, at least. I went up and down this road a few times before I began to get bord. So I decided to sit in the center median (5-8 car-lengths wide) and wait. I figured that since the Rice population is enormous here in the San Fernando Valley, there must be a ricer cruising by and minute. There I sat for a few minutes before I saw bright, blue headlights (and blue fog-lights to go w/it, or coarse) coming up behind me. Bingo! He went on by and pulled out after him. Hmmm... what could he be thinking... The next thing he did was flashed his hazard lights at me for a second or two. A blue Civic Si! very rare... But wait! I know him (and hate him)! White 18" rims, cat-back Greddy exhaust, DC header, cold-air induction, ignition crap, and thats all that I know of.

before I go any further, is it just me or is there this Ricer Uprising/Revolution thing going on? I was actually getting worried for a bit because people started telling me that they can get pretty fast with simple mods. Intake and exhaust and these things are supposedly in the 14's!?? I knew that his car wasn't stock so I got kinda worried. 8,000 RPM redline, V-Tech bullsh!t, etc, etc.......

Anyway, he gets in the left lane (we're going about 40-53ish)and I stay in the right lane. I'm in 3rd gear (I have 2:73's in the back) and I can hear his buzz-rocket humming away at about 4K. As soon as I get within a cars length or so behind him, so d-shifts and nails it. At this time I am still in 3rd (now that I think about it, I don't know why I didnt dump it in 2nd) @ about 3K RPM. About 60 MPH. His cars screamin'! Thats when I get on the gas harder and enter 'race-mode'. Hes about 1 1/2 cars ahead of me. I immediatley start pulling (he obviously saw me), pulled up to his passenger door, let off the gas just a touch to stay thereabouts for enough time to give a smart-*** laugh and look at his car (showing him what a waste of time and gas this run is. its funny what you can express in a split-second facial expression), then DROPPED the hammer and started pulling and pulling on him. I took 3rd up to about 4850RPM (hes a number of cars back by now), speed-shifted into 4th, and bye-bye Si. As soon as I nailed 4th, gone... About 10+ cars back. (HAHAHAHA...oh I loved this race) Anyway, After shutting down at about 90 or so, a few seconds later...oh yes...the notorious ricer 'fly-by'. I stayed behind him for a little bit. After we get through the twisty part of the road, he makes a right onto Molhulland Hwy (for all of you South Cali people). After we pass the shopping center thing on the right, I get up next to him, he rolls down his window, and the 'oh-my-god-how-humiliating' look drowned his face. I never came across a ricer that would talk after a defeat, but oh well. He knew who I was and got in that bad-*** mood and said "having fun following me" or something like that. I said no, just trying to make a U-turn, but NICE TRY. I made that last part 100% heard and his passenger started cracking up. I guess it was the fact that I knew and hated that guy that made it funny as hell. Ok, I'll shut up now-

-Andrew

------------------
1991 GT Hatchback

-MAC cold-air induction
-FMS 9mm wires
-MAC 2 1/2in. Cat-Back exhaust
-Slowly, but surely

[This message has been edited by CobraMan (edited 01-02-2001).]
CobraMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2001, 11:15 AM   #2
FivepointOH
Registered Member

Nice kill, what do you hate the guy for? Have you ever run your car at the track?

------------------
92 AOD GT, K&N, ram air, pulleys, 2 ch. flowmasters, 4:10's, shift kit, 1 5/8 mac longtubes and offroad hpipe 14.249 @ 97.34 mph before the headers and hpipe
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2001, 02:12 PM   #3
CobraMan
Registered Member

The guy's a punk. He talks a lot of trash about other cars and thinks his car is the fastest thing around. I don't know if its just here in South CA, but he is one of those 'hard-core' persians. Always in one of those groups that consist of like 100 of em.

No 1/4 mile, yet. After gears, clutch, and rest of exhaust is when I'll go.

------------------
1991 GT Hatchback

-MAC cold-air induction
-FMS 9mm wires
-Slowly, but surely
Old 01-02-2001, 03:59 PM   #4
Special K
Registered Member

good kill... I have a few question... first how do you know at what RPM his engine was... second Ive raced several car with my 5.0L and Civic on the highway and except if you are a LOT faster there is no way you will kill somebody like that Ive race my friend mustang on the highway and he put MAYBE 4-5 cars from 60 to 120 mph. I can hardly see how you put several cars on him in third gear only especialy if you was behind him when the race start ....... not saying that im right... im just wondering and those mods you mention only give about 15whp on a Civic SI .. big deal

[This message has been edited by Special K (edited 01-02-2001).]
Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2001, 08:06 PM   #5
teal93LX
Registered Member

beating a civic is good...beating a d!ckhead is better...good job

------------------
stock aod (only mod is the .38 with hollows on the passenger seat for the jackers) waiting for relatives to die for money for mods...
teal93LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2001, 09:56 PM   #6
AB89GT
Registered Member

great kill, I know a guy with a blue Si, and I figured with typical ricer attitude, he'd be talkin sh!t. When he found out I drove a Mustang, he was actually telling me how he liked them and thought they were bad a$$. I was suprised, I guess he knows where not to go!!!!

------------------
89 black GT, 5 spd
air silencer removed
flowmaster cat-back + h-pipe
FMS 9mm wires
looking to modify more!!!

AB89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2001, 11:36 PM   #7
White5.0
Registered Member

Talking

my friend has a 2000 si, we raced of the line and i have four car lenghts on him by 60mph, this was when my car was dead stock, 2.73's and aod transmission, i didnt even know how to hold out the gears in my tranny at the time so it was shifting around 4600-4700rpms, the civics may be rated at 160hp and rev to 8000rpm but there torque rating is absolutely pathetic, i think its like 113ftlbs. my friend also told me he was shifting at 8000 in every gear, those little motors just dont have the torque to compare with a stang.
White5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2001, 12:02 AM   #8
CobraMan
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by White5.0:
my friend has a 2000 si, we raced of the line and i have four car lenghts on him by 60mph, this was when my car was dead stock, 2.73's and aod transmission, i didnt even know how to hold out the gears in my tranny at the time so it was shifting around 4600-4700rpms, the civics may be rated at 160hp and rev to 8000rpm but there torque rating is absolutely pathetic, i think its like 113ftlbs. my friend also told me he was shifting at 8000 in every gear, those little motors just dont have the torque to compare with a stang.
Exactly... A friend of mine has a bone-stock 99Si. HAHAH, what a joke. He wanted to take me for a ride to 'show' me how quick his car was. OMG- We were at a light and he nailed it. 8K shifts up until 3rd. Nothing. I felt so bad for him; poor kid was probably embarrassed out of his mind. We literally sat there watching this tach slowly rise into the millions and listened to the engine SCREAM, but it was sooo slow. It was dead silence between us from each shift and the redline that later followed. I had to give the guy some compliment. I remember saying, "ya! I felt it pull a tad harder when the v-tech kicked in...nice!" Like when your in a mustang, or any v-8 sports car, and you run through the gears, your IN the seat and the sound of it keeps your adreneline up-- time goes by quick; which is later followed by a "damn!" or "wow". But with this Si, We sat there like we were cruising and could have a conversation.

Anyway, in the race, when I passed the guy, till the top of 3rd, I was about 4 cars up. A soon as I hit the TOP of 3rd and smacked it into 4th, he was BACK there.

------------------
1991 GT Hatchback

-MAC cold-air induction
-FMS 9mm wires
-Slowly, but surely

[This message has been edited by CobraMan (edited 01-04-2001).]
Old 01-04-2001, 12:24 AM   #9
97snakedriver
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Special K:
and those mods you mention only give about 15whp on a Civic SI .. big deal

[This message has been edited by Special K (edited 01-02-2001).]
But those big pretty wheels take a lot of that back!

97snakedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2001, 04:02 PM   #10
Tom351
Registered Member

Those cars do OK for econo-box grocery getters, but have no place trying to race a V8 mustang

------------------
67 Fastback - Arctic White Pearl paint
351W ,Trick Flow Aluminum Heads, Edelbrock TorkerII, Comp. Cam, Performance Automatic C-4 Trans, 3.55 gears, Front Disc Brakes, 1-1/8" Fr. 3/4" rear sway bars.

My 351W Fastback
Tom351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2001, 05:55 PM   #11
dirtyGT
Registered Member

Good god!theres a blue si in my town that i hate the car and the driver and he always goes by and riv's it at me but i can never find him on the street your lucky good kill i hate those cars and i can't wait to get my chance

------------------
86GT-MACcatback-89heads,intake,TB,KENNYBROWNsubs,3.73's,HURST shifter,much more to come
dirtyGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2001, 10:37 PM   #12
tra9379
Registered Member

I can't stand those damn cars. There are all these punks where I live that have SI's, and they think they are all bad. I've handed everyone of them their asses, when my car was bone stock. I don't get it, what the hell is the point of building some car that puts out less torque than my lawnmower? And I drove a brand new SI a few months ago to see what the hype was all about, and it was slow and handled like a shopping cart.

And it is easy to take a SI by 10 cars in your 1:1 gear (3rd for auto, 4th for stick). I do it all the time.
tra9379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2001, 11:59 AM   #13
KillaZ350
Registered Member

Thumbs up

HaHA, good run. Every ricer in my hometown is apperantly an SI, and heres how they do when they wanna race, you see them riding along, you pull up next to them and rev, they just look over, you taunt them for another 30seconds you get the idea they dont wanna race so you speed up ahead and forget about them.......Next thing you know bbuuuuuzzzzzzz they shot by you w/ the ricer flybye

[This message has been edited by KillaZ350 (edited 01-07-2001).]
KillaZ350 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: