View Single Post
Old 01-04-2001, 12:02 AM   #8
CobraMan
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by White5.0:
my friend has a 2000 si, we raced of the line and i have four car lenghts on him by 60mph, this was when my car was dead stock, 2.73's and aod transmission, i didnt even know how to hold out the gears in my tranny at the time so it was shifting around 4600-4700rpms, the civics may be rated at 160hp and rev to 8000rpm but there torque rating is absolutely pathetic, i think its like 113ftlbs. my friend also told me he was shifting at 8000 in every gear, those little motors just dont have the torque to compare with a stang.
Exactly... A friend of mine has a bone-stock 99Si. HAHAH, what a joke. He wanted to take me for a ride to 'show' me how quick his car was. OMG- We were at a light and he nailed it. 8K shifts up until 3rd. Nothing. I felt so bad for him; poor kid was probably embarrassed out of his mind. We literally sat there watching this tach slowly rise into the millions and listened to the engine SCREAM, but it was sooo slow. It was dead silence between us from each shift and the redline that later followed. I had to give the guy some compliment. I remember saying, "ya! I felt it pull a tad harder when the v-tech kicked in...nice!" Like when your in a mustang, or any v-8 sports car, and you run through the gears, your IN the seat and the sound of it keeps your adreneline up-- time goes by quick; which is later followed by a "damn!" or "wow". But with this Si, We sat there like we were cruising and could have a conversation.

Anyway, in the race, when I passed the guy, till the top of 3rd, I was about 4 cars up. A soon as I hit the TOP of 3rd and smacked it into 4th, he was BACK there.

------------------
1991 GT Hatchback

-MAC cold-air induction
-FMS 9mm wires
-MAC 2 1/2in. Cat-Back exhaust
-Slowly, but surely

[This message has been edited by CobraMan (edited 01-04-2001).]
CobraMan is offline   Reply With Quote