MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-08-2001, 12:34 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Wink Let me tell of my other races tonight.

Tonight was a good night. Got into a few other races other than Brads Cobra.

I, start with the first. A 94-95 GT convertible, young guy driving. He came up on me and shot over into the other lane at a light. Reving and pointing foward. I nodded and took my usaul race position. The light changed, and i did a pretty good launch, I went easy kinda on it out of the hole. By the Time I was around 4900 Rpms in second gear, it was pretty much over. I took it to the top of third and saw he was far back and i let off. I put on my hazards to rub things in a little more. He pulls beside me at another light (we werent first in line so no race), and asks me if my car is a 5 speed. I tell him it is, and he says his is an auto. He then asks what Mods I have. I tell him none and he insists Im lying to him. I tell him the only Mod I have is the Hurst T Handle shift nob thats in my hand now. He then commences to swearing in some sort of disbelief and claims he has all these Mods. I could tell he had an off road pipe (nice fumes emmiting from the back) And he rattled off all these other mods, cold-air, pullies, throttle body, exhaust. and some tothers. He tells me he wants to run again if we catch a light.

I say sure why not. We didnt get another light, but he rides up next to me while I'm doing 55 mph and he floors it. The auto kicks down a few gears and he takes off. I think what the hell. I take it out of 5th and put it into 3rd. I let off the clutch quick and spin a little (did it on purpose ) I catch him, blip the throttle several times while hes still balls to the wall, then I floor it and take off.

Next light hes swearing again. I told him about the local HotRod hangout and to meet the gang out there. Told him maybe we could run again. He didnt show up.

Next race was with some riced out accord that isnt even worth mentioning. They just wanted to see what the newer stangs could do.

Last race was REAL CLOSE. I almost lost my first race in my 2000 Gt tonight. It was with a 96-98 GT coupe, obviuosly a manaul. That was the strongest running early 4.6 I've ever seen. WE were neck and neck and I had to let off at 100, the area we were racing in was to cop infested, and the light ahead being red kind helped my decision. I had only about a foot or two on him. It wasnt much. It was fun as hell though. I love good races like that. I dont know what he had but it sure was working Fine and dandy. He didnt pull over so I dont know. Tim and Ralph were surprised as hell. I didnt even get to look in the rear view to see if they were trying to keep up. I had to ask them when I pulled over.

They said I took off and they didnt even try to catch up. They were even surprised that an early 4.6 gave me that much of a run. I commend who ever the driver was, and what ever he did to his car. Maybe next time
Haul some A$$ and waste some more gas.

------------------
64 1/2 Red Mustang Coupe. 289, C4, 3:1 rear gear. Mallory duel point. Ported & Polished 65 heads shaved .01 with 351 windsor valves, high side of 10.5:1 comp, 1.7:1 sled rockers, blue wolverine lumpy cam, autolite 4100 Hipo 4 barrel. And to many others to list

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd.

64 1/2 red 6cyl coupe. Auto. project car.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 01:13 AM   #2
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

About your last race with the 96-98 4.6... I find that a lot of 5.0 drivers in my area don't know much about the speed of the new 4.6... They are usually good bate for killing ... and they get pissed when they find out the car is stock.

------------------
Lizard King, Bone Stock; 13.69 at 101MPH
Extreme Burnout
2000GT VS LS1
Quartermile run
2000GT vs LX Stang

Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 02:13 PM   #3
FivepointOH
Registered Member

Nice kills... I don't know why that guy in the 94-95 gt vert was surprised, all he had was a few boltons and without gears(u didn't mention them) in a heavy vert with an auto, I don't see that thing being too fast.

------------------
92 AOD GT, K&N, ram air, pulleys, 2 ch. flowmasters, 4:10's, shift kit, 1 5/8 mac longtubes and offroad hpipe 14.249 @ 97.34 mph before the headers and hpipe
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2001, 03:12 PM   #4
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

No, he didnt mention anything about gears. A whole bunch of other stuff, but no gears, and the idle sounded pretty tame, chances are he didnt go into the motor yet. Gears would of been the first thing I would of done.

I was talkin to one of my other friends who hangs out at the Advanced Auto, with a 95 Cobra, and he said he seen the guy before and one of his friends (also with a 95 Cobra) ran him and blew his doors off. He said the guy did the same thing, started swearing and wanting to run again.

I guess if at first you dont succedd, try, try again.

Yes, a 94-95 Gt convertible with an auto wouldnt be my first choice for a base of a street machine.

[This message has been edited by Mercury (edited 04-08-2001).]
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote