MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-10-2001, 12:37 AM   #1
onewheeldeal
Registered Member

Smile Just joined, one of my first races with the 5.0

Hey guys, just joined. I've only had my 5.0 for a bout three months or so, i'm liking it more everytime i drive it. I'm an import convert. Still like them appreciate them and really respect the 2% of the actually quick ones. i also ride a sport bike.

Anyways. This happened a few moths back. one of my first races ever at the lights in the stang invloves a Prelude and me. The only two cars ont he street at that time. I'm sitting there enjoying a cigarette and I see teh infamous white headlights rolling up behind me in the lane next to me. It was a 99 and up Prelude. The thing wasn't completely cheesed out and really looked pretty good. Anyways, he looks at me and kind of gives me a weird look (many people do, i'm in toronto and i'm chinese and i drive a beat up domestic) it's not very often you see that in toronto. So i look away and start the good old revving. I hear the sound of his bumble bee exhaust in my ear replying. I smile and my blood begins to pump. The opposite light turns yellow, we're both ready to roll. I stopped revving at this point. (The only other time i launched the stang was the first day i hd i out and i was running my bro, needless to say, with no prior experience in a 5.0 i ws spinning all the way.) This time i was determined not to spin so much. The light turns...BAM he pops his clutch and i hear a chirp from his tries, he didn't get a bad launch, pretty good actually. I leave slwly and as soona s possible, around 3 and ahalf or so i goose it and down i go, top of first and i already have him even, shift into the second and i'm already past him, third and i'm falshing the good old brake lights as we were comin to another red light.

As we pulled up to a stop, i expected him to not even look at my broad grinning smiling face! He rolls down his window (mine was already down as i was still smoking) He is all smiles and he says t me, "What the hell is the point of me spending X amount of $ for a prelude when i could have a bought a peice of **** like that and been fast.?" Something like that anyways. I didn't know whether to be offended or complimented. I took it as a compliment and was all still smiles. WE cahtted for a bit and he was a pretty nice guy, not cocky at all, jsut very surpised that he lost. Light turns green and he moves off REAL slow. That's all.

I know it wasn't much of a challenge but hey, a race is race. Since hten i've been in a couple of other decent races, one involved me getting a complete whooping by a twin turbo 300ZX, i din't think i was going to win that one, but a race is a race.

That;s my little story for the night,

Sorry it was so long.

ronnie

88LX
90 FZR600

------------------
vtec this.
onewheeldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 08:12 AM   #2
mmike

Good kill ronnie. Welcome to the board. Maybe i'll see you on the streets of T.O this summer.
cheers

------------------
306ci, TFS stage 3 heads. port/pol edlebrock performer intake.
77mm mass air, 70mm TB, crane 2030 cam, Mac full length headers, flowmasters
3.73 gears and more.
Old 04-10-2001, 09:29 AM   #3
onewheeldeal
Registered Member

Sounds good. Looking forward to it, this summers gonna be amazing I can feel it already!

ronnie

------------------
vtec this.
onewheeldeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2001, 01:52 PM   #4
fastang
Registered Member

Welcome, another import convert, I used to drive an integra with the fart can and all...until I realized how rediculous I looked. Good kill, keep it up.
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote