Thread: Gear change
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2001, 06:18 PM   #1
Fostang
Registered Member

Post Gear change

Did the gear ratio change on my fastback. went from the 2's to the 3's he he heee. Tried racing a guy in a chevelle (very nice by the way). He didnt take the bait oh well. I think I would have lost becuase after driving around in frustration I went to an empty road and built my rpms up not as high I use to and then floored it. To my amazement my car wasn't moving I kept it floored turned down my music and all I could hear was a zooom noise comming from the rear I looked in my rear view mirror and there was nothing buy smoke then my car started moving little by little. I know I should have let off the accelarator when I saw the smoke but I said oh well if it goes it goes. Little by little it kept moving after about thirty seconds from what I can tell it gains traction I make a U turn to see if there was water or something there that made spin. There wasn't any just a fat black trail of tire chunks. All that time I had sat there and spun the tire. I guess it's time to get new tires. In all I cant take off that fast hard anymore because my car has seemed to have lost all sence of traction. he he heee I loved that improvement. My stall converter is next. I need some tires that can take the spin also. For anyone that hasn't changed there gear ratios I recomend that you do it soon. Woah did I feel that or what.
Fostang is offline   Reply With Quote