MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

View Poll Results: Is the use of NOS considered cheating?
Yes-It doesn't representate true HP 6 16.22%
No-Do what you can to win 29 78.38%
Neither-Not worth finding out on my motor! 2 5.41%
Voters: 37. This poll is closed

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-09-2002, 01:26 PM   #81
spankaveli
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 20LbsBoost
What do I call a boost controller?....I call it a boost controller.
Either you don't understand what I'm saying, or you're just being a smartass. I'll assume the latter.

In essense, I personally thing anything that you do to your car is fair, especially on the street. Hell I know people that go to the local racing spot on ET streets. Fair? you betcha Run what ya brung!!
Old 11-09-2002, 09:41 PM   #82
20LbsBoost

Quote:
Originally posted by spankaveli
Either you don't understand what I'm saying, or you're just being a smartass.
Maybe a little of both, don't take it personally. Irreverent humor is all good.

I don't understand what a boost controler specifically does, but have an idea. If I'm correct in assuming what it does it determines the amount of boost applied to the engine. In my case that was me....and I'm not cheap!

Old 11-11-2002, 10:11 PM   #83
87gt17815
Registered Member

well mr 20 psi i happen to live in a part of Pa were there are a lot of turbo cars. If you look at my car on thew user rides you can see that the sticker on my windshield says Northeast Turbo wich you may have heard of. The owner has a 10 sec Grand National and a 11sec turbo ta. I am best friends with a lot of his customers and him himself (Scott Shiner). I agree that the Turbo TA's and GN's areare very impressive out of the box and have good power potential but you do a lot of bragging for the speed of your car. If you ever happen to be in my neck of the woods myself and abunch of people i hang out with at Northeast Turbo would like to get into a nice friendly street race with ya. Especially the guys with the turbo cars. They would like to see how fast your car really is. I have ran against a lot of turbo cars on the streets and at the Buick VS. Mustang shootout. I personally dont think your car is as fast as you say it is. If al you wanted to do was to get on this site and piss a lot of mustang owners off you probobly accomplished your goal. But if you go on Turbobuick.com and ask if nitrous is fair and i know for a fact that ypou will get the same response that you did here, so quit your crying because you lost and go do something about it. None of the 15 or so people i know with GN's and Turbo TA's think it is unfair. But after having them read this thread they do know what a cry baby is.
Old 11-11-2002, 10:21 PM   #84
slow98
Registered Member

Default haha

yep i think its about time for this thread to be locked...lol
1998 mustang gt/manual..373s,bbk offroad h pipe,flowmaster cat back,c&l 80 mm maf,steeda triax,eibach springs,steeda ud pulleys,upr timing adjuster,screamon demos coil packs,motorsports 9mm plug wires,steea aluminum lca's,steeda heavy duty uca's and just over 100 k on the clock
Old 11-11-2002, 10:55 PM   #85
vetteeatr
Registered Member

Ok i finally read this thread and i can somewhat see the turbo guys point.

Kinda..

The only thing that I can see maybe as not being totally legit is its not really part of the mechanicals of the engine and what not. Basically just injects N20. nothing really mechanical about it.

Nitrous coudl be related to a small rocket on the back of your car i suppose and thats what i belive maybe he is saying wihtout saying it.........

I personally think Nitrous is the way to go if its a car your just gonna occasionaly use for racing unless you got alot of money to go to a supercharger or turbo.

Its the affordable solution for power.

Thats about the only light I can see for this though.

World Windsor Sr.'s, Harland sharpe rockers, 3.73 gears, pulleys, no ac, hurst shifter, 10:1 pistons, BBK full length headers and H-pipe with flows.

Under extensive work for porting and fly cutting to accept my new cam and to match my soon to have systemax intake *DROOL*

Best E.T. 13.20 with edelbrock RPM intake and 70mm TB
Old 11-12-2002, 01:02 AM   #86
20LbsBoost

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 87gt17815
well mr 20 psi i happen to live in a part of Pa were there are a lot of turbo cars. If you look at my car on thew user rides you can see that the sticker on my windshield says Northeast Turbo wich you may have heard of. The owner has a 10 sec Grand National and a 11sec turbo ta. I am best friends with a lot of his customers and him himself (Scott Shiner). I agree that the Turbo TA's and GN's areare very impressive out of the box and have good power potential but you do a lot of bragging for the speed of your car. If you ever happen to be in my neck of the woods myself and abunch of people i hang out with at Northeast Turbo would like to get into a nice friendly street race with ya. Especially the guys with the turbo cars. They would like to see how fast your car really is. I have ran against a lot of turbo cars on the streets and at the Buick VS. Mustang shootout. I personally dont think your car is as fast as you say it is. If al you wanted to do was to get on this site and piss a lot of mustang owners off you probobly accomplished your goal. But if you go on Turbobuick.com and ask if nitrous is fair and i know for a fact that ypou will get the same response that you did here, so quit your crying because you lost and go do something about it. None of the 15 or so people i know with GN's and Turbo TA's think it is unfair. But after having them read this thread they do know what a cry baby is.

Crybaby? - cry·ba·by (krº“b³”b¶) n. A person who cries or complains frequently with little cause.

"Mr."? Thanks, I like it, it's widely known as a sign of respect.

Please show me where I brag about the speed of my car and I'll show you plenty of posts where I state my car's not quick in the grand scheme of things, it's all relative. By the way, speed and quickness are two different things. But since you're going there, PAS had a stock (factory original with the A/C hooked up) TTA run 171.39 at Indy with a professional driver. I feel my car's quick for an American factory production vehicle with only 3 mods and no NOS. Perhaps you can give me a list of factory cars you know of that can claim the same thing (WITH proof as I've provided). In case you're wondering those mods are a chip, no cat, and downpipe. It has the factory exhaust, factory airbox, factory injectors, factory muffler and factory PSI in the tires...even with the 12 second run and the 1.83 60'.

I've said it before in posts here, and I'll say it again, I know my car isn't the king of the street. When you start thinking that, you're in for a big disappointment.

Last I knew this was [let me quote the title of the Board topic] "Street Racers Corner; This is a ultimate place for the street racing addict. For serious discussion and stories about street/strip victories, and to let everyone know where the hot street racing spots are every where." No where did I read it was Ford exclusive or non-Ford enthusiasts were not welcome.

I don't know what you're talking about regarding the decal on your windshield and frankly I'm not interested. I'm not going to waste my time researching the area of the board you're referring to see a decal on your window. I'm not interested in your car and would race anyone who's car is similarly modified as mine. I'm not going to enter into a speed contest with someone who has a highly modded car since mine isn't, what's the point. Especially against someone who has silly-gas and mods and I don't, ain't gonna happen. A level playing field is paramount. Got a Mustang that's ported/polished, chip and exhaust...we'll go.

If you don't think my car's as fast as I state, I'm not even close to being offended, I honestly don't care. At the very least I have the courage to post my actual timeslip contrary to 99.9% of others who claim to have fast cars. Is your timeslip posted?

I personally haven't seen any evidence I pissed anyone off on this website (this is a message board actually). Sure, I've gotten into disagreements and that's not unusual, but "piss people off", no. Not everyone sees eye-to-eye. At least those you claim I've "pissed off" haven't posted it for me to read. If I'm unwelcome here you're the first to point it out.

Perhaps those on turbobuick.com would disagree with me as well regarding the use of NOS, so be it. However, it's common knowledge turbo engines as a rule DO NOT use NOS so why post that topic there? I know a lot of Mustang drivers use it so I thought it best to sample their opinions. FYI, turbo Buick engines like water or alcohol injection, check with your friends. They should have known that. I won't do that either in my engine, it's against MY street racer's code of ethics.

I'm not sure where you come up with "so quit your crying because you lost and go do something about it". I've had quite a few compliments on my posts about my level-headedness and ability to logically debate, and this is coming from Ford owners towards a non-Ford owner....how ironic.

I stated in a different thread that I lost two times, once to a 1988 supercharged 5.0 Mustang and to a 1966-67 (?) GTO with a 502 crate motor. The threads are still there. I don't pick on ricers but look for something potent, so I'm not sure how you're coming up with your assumptions.

If you and/or your GN/TTA buddies think I'm a cry baby about the use of NOS that's fine with me, I won't be losing any sleep. I've freely admitted my opinion is in the minority regarding the use of NOS, to each his own. It was interesting sampling those who replied with their opinions on the use of silly-juice.

In conclusion, the feedback I've received on this board contradicts your allegation regarding my behaviour. I keep in mind this is a hobby and we're talking cars. Not whose' got the largest unit.

I do have one question. Why do you doubt the quickness of my TTA? Have you seen the TTA video made by TNN I have posted or did you miss that too along with my posted timeslip?

You can check my signature's URL and dig'em both out. I'll give you a clue; the TNN video is under the "MOVIES" heading.

Thanks for your input,

Last edited by 20LbsBoost; 11-12-2002 at 06:06 AM..

Closed Thread