View Single Post
Old 11-02-2002, 11:10 PM   #61
rbatson2
Registered Member

There is no difference dude. I remember being in high school(mid 80s) and we all thought that Dodge was 'cheating' with the Daytona because it had 'fake hp' by using a turbo on its 4 banger. It was a pretty quick car at that time. We all preferred cubic inches. Never the less, it was a fast car. All the 'power-adders' do the same thing, just different ways of going about it. Getting oxygen into the chamber along with some added fuel. N2O by injecting, Superchargers by blowering it in with the use of a belt(off the crank) and Turbos by spooling up the pressure from the exhaust. When you come to understand these things you will look at it differently. It all comes down to winning the race and whatever works for you. I know where you are coming from though and I thought it was cheating too, until I decided to do something about it(I went with the supercharger). Now I really don't care what power adder someone else has, choose your poison.

BTW, nice to meet ya. Glad you learned something here, thats what its all about.