View Single Post
Old 10-31-2002, 11:26 PM   #48
20LbsBoost

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric4Nitrous
something tells me you've got your *** handed to you by a nitrous car and now your crying the blues because your $4,000 turbo can't hang with a $815 power adder.
Bzzzzzzzzzt. Wrong Mr. Contestant. The correct response is:
What is a 1988 supercharged 5.0?

$4,000 turbo? huh? My car came with it. Sticker price in 1989 was $32,000. That high cost was due to research & development to squeeze the 3.8 in the F-body + the rarity of the car itself (20th Anniversary T/A + Indy Pace Car at 1550 units made). Price used in mint condition in 2000 with 7,511 miles?.... $16,700

If you recall, a fully loaded Grand National in 1987 was $17,300 sticker (I have one and the sticker). I doubt the turbocharger was 1/4 cost of the entire car.

It's the one and only time a Mustang walked away from my TTA. He was cool as hell and we talked as long as we could at the traffic lights we ran from. He was pleasantly surprised at the performance of my car considering the mods. He himself was a former Turbo T/A owner and knew their potential. It was a 1988 red Mustang, I figured "easy kill". We punched from a slow roll. His aftermarket exhaust was screaming (sounded great), he was banging gears and pulling from me....very impressive. We talked after that 1st run he said his 5.0 was supercharged. Sh1t, had I known that I'd have known better . Just for giggles we ran from a dead stop from a light (my car's strong point). I got the jump by 1/2-3/4 of a car, but only for about 100'. That car was eye opening.

There was another time on a cool night around here. Saw a late model white Saleen. I ran this guy twice from a roll and it was a dead heat both times...completely even. We stopped and talked for a while too. He popped his hood and low-and-behold, a supercharger.

Anyway...enough of the bed time stories.....
1989 PAS Turbo T/A #1233
*12.93@104mph 3.8 V-6
1987 Grand National

http://www.krif.com/tta/

Last edited by 20LbsBoost; 10-31-2002 at 11:33 PM..