MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-22-2003, 04:01 PM   #1
1jimmy__d
Registered Member

Default Juice for my pony or NO juice? what do you think?

OK. I am making part swaps (headlights) between my 89 and 90 now before i sell the 89. I have NOS (5115) kit in my 89 and am going to take it out. Should i have it installed on the 90 with the new motor in it? IF SO, what other parts should I buy for it, or will everything hook right up nicely again. Is the 155 fuel pump enough for the juice?? AND, should i be concerned with using juice on the new motor? I am a little scared to have it hooked up to a new motor! IF i do decide to do it, i want to do everythin right the first time. the new motor has about 6000 miles on it. Thanks
90 lx hatch, holley systemax II kit, rebuilt 302, BBK 155 lph fuel pump, pro M bullet mass meter wtih BBk cold air intake, 30 # injectors, 70 mm TB, jacobs ignition system, edelbrock water pump, BBk longtube headers with h-pipe, flowmasters, b&m ripper shifter, 3.55 gears, Proform electric fan, subframe connectors/removed smog pump and ac!

75 shot of nitrous!

13.2 at 112 1/4 mile- no traction!
1jimmy__d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2003, 05:05 PM   #2
tarmon8r
Registered Member

i would recommend contacting the manufacture of your specific n2o kit to make sure the 155 fuel pump is adequate, but i think it is. As far a n20, proper fuel, and retarded timing and you should be sitting pretty, with no worries. But you could get a Hobbs switch for your fuel pressure, incase your pressure ever drops. Or even a msd retard box, incase you dont want to run around town with your timing retarded on motor, and you dont want to keep bumbing it back everytime you spray, but for starters you have what you need, just dont get too crazy with the spray, and keep the rpm above 3000 rpm before you spray it.
1983 mustang, 393 cubic inch stroker small block, victor jr heads and intake, gold race 1.6 roller rockers. comp cam 304, 244@ .050. .576" hydralic retro roller cam,lunati rods. block was o-ringed,10:1 forged pistons, speed pro fit fit rings, clevite bearings,msd distributor and igniton,be cool huge radiator, black lite electric fan, march underdrive pulleys, mildon deep sump oil pan, mac 1 3.4" long tube headers, 3" dr gas x-pipe and mac exhaust,ARP bolts. car weighs 2900 lbs w/out driver, sub frames, weld wheels, mickey thompson sportsman pro 26 x 10.5 x 15's,#8 fuel line steel braided
tarmon8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 12:16 PM   #3
Simi Stang

Default nitrous

I'd definitely put the nitrous kit on the new motor. Your new motor won't have any problems handling the 5115 kit. 10:1 compression & o-ringed head gaskets...I'd say your motor is begging for some laughing gas. But you didn't mention what shot you plan on running? If you're using a 75-100hp. shot then the 155lph intank pump will be sufficient. But anything above 100hp, like a 125-150shot...you'll definitely need an additional inline pump (like a T-Rex or something similar) to help boost the volume of your fuel system. I use the 5115 kit, which by the way should already be equipped with the Hobbs fuel pressure safety switch that shuts off the flow of nitrous into the motor if the fuel pressure drops too low. I too have a fairly new motor that I had built a few years ago. I use the 5115 kit with 150hp. shot jetting. I have a 155lph intank pump and an MSD 200gph inline pump. The system works great. It knocks more than a second off of my 1/4 mile times, on motor. The kit is pretty full proof as long as that safety switch is hooked up. Good luck.
Old 04-24-2003, 03:54 PM   #4
1jimmy__d
Registered Member

i think i had the 75 or 80 shot hooked up in my other stang. what is the stock fuel pump size? i remember i had to change my spark plugs on my other stang. do you have luck with running any regular spark plug, or didi you have to change them. i don't know what is in the car now. for some reason when it was hooked up in my other stang, it only worked like 3 times all together!! it could have been because of the fuel pump, originally i think it was the spark plugs. I dropped .7 seconds when it worked the ONE time at the track, from 14.2 to 13.5! Hopefully ill drop .7 on the new stang too!

Some people i talk to say that it hurts the motor. Is this true?????
90 lx hatch, holley systemax II kit, rebuilt 302, BBK 155 lph fuel pump, pro M bullet mass meter wtih BBk cold air intake, 30 # injectors, 70 mm TB, jacobs ignition system, edelbrock water pump, BBk longtube headers with h-pipe, flowmasters, b&m ripper shifter, 3.55 gears, Proform electric fan, subframe connectors/removed smog pump and ac!

75 shot of nitrous!

13.2 at 112 1/4 mile- no traction!
1jimmy__d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2003, 05:25 PM   #5
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

I would say dont do it. Your car is pretty quick as it is.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote