MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-06-2001, 02:23 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Default The Gift I cannot give.

The holiday season is upon us. Cash registers ring, wallets empty, credit card balances grow. Hints are given, lists are written, Decorations warmly glow.

Retail stores are abuzz with activity. Themed music echos down the isles. Playstations fly of the shelves, Brand name Clothing taken off the racks, rings and other jewelry are bought with expectations of making others happy.

What I want to give cannot be bought, cannot be sold, cannot be touched, but unfortunatley cannot be provided.

For Christmas, I want to give a blind man sight, a sick person health, a homeless person shelter. I would like to be able to give mentally impaired persons the experiences I have had the fortune experiencing.

If I could give only one thing for Christmas, it would be a gift to my older sister. When she turned 21 several years ago, she studied so hard that Drivers Ed book, she searched and found a car she liked, a mid 80's Mustang 4 cyl. She talked about bieng able to drive. I have never seen my older sister so excited.

It broke my heart, and deeply upset me to find out that her hopes had been dashed, and her passion extinguished. She strieved in vain. She took the written test and passed with flying colors (It took me 3 times), but she was denied the right to drive because of something beyond her control.

My older sister is physically handicapped. A difficult situation at birth left her Twin dead, and her slighty impaired. Her legs were bowed, and required several major operations. Her sense of balance was affected when the amblical cord cut off her oxygen.

I'm not sure what it would be called, the gift I want to give her. If it could be given a name, I question if it would be Politically correct. I would give her my ablitity to drive, my ablility to run, my ability to walk, my confidence. I would give it to her. So she could enjoy all that I have enjoyed, do all that I have done. I wish I could give her the "Normalness" She so desires.

Before my Thread gets to long, and off the subject, I will end it.

Mercury Signing out.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 03:18 AM   #2
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Unhappy :(

Merc..
Once again, you struck a nerve. That's so sad....and I know you mean every word you say. You are a good person, and if it were meant to be, someday, she will drive. (a Stang at that!) This time of year everyone keeps thinking of what THEY want(inclucluding myself) and after reading your post, makes me realize, I"m luckier than I thought.
It would be nice if everyone was as unselfish as you are. Regardless of the situation, I hope ya'll can do something special. She might not be able to drive, but i'm sure with your wishes, she will be blessed in other ways!!!! Hope you have a great holiday, and i"m sorry i've lost touch. I'll hook up w/ you later when I get myself back 100% on MW!!!
Take Care, Topless

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 11:42 AM   #3
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Smile

Mercury:

Neither you or I may be able to give your sister the gift of a normal and fully functioning body but both you and your sister, through your message, have given all of us the gift of appreciation for what we have and take for granted.

Thank you.

Merry Christmas to you, your sister and your family.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 11:44 AM   #4
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

wow,

i got chills for about a full 2 minutes as i was reading that

Your sister IS a lucky girl. She is lucky becase she has a brother like you.
Old 12-06-2001, 12:06 PM   #5
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Merc:

You're right on about that. It would be a pricless gift. I'm sorry for your sister, she got dealt some bad cards. God bless her - and you - for even thinking that way.

I can relate because my wife was in a horrible car wreck years ago in which she lost her left leg.
I would give her mine if I could. I can't, but I'll stand by her till I die.

Great post man.

See ya - and please tell your sister; Merry Christmas & she has our prayers.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 03:24 PM   #6
5.0L_Of_Fury
Registered Member

Unhappy IM GONNA CRY!!!!

I have to say you are probably the deepest person I've ever "met"; when most people are like ; "I want a new car" or something you want to make a difference in someone else's life - not just you.

I wish I had the heart to be like that - or even just have a friend that is.
No Substitute For Cubic Inches!
BURN EM UP
fivepointzero@kytnar.org

"Give 'Er Hell"
"They Call It Minute Rice..Gee Are Those Actually Track Times?"
Firemen: We Find 'Em Hot And Leave 'Em Wet"
Rice Haters Club Member #23 (GM Ricer Fads)
Gotta Love Hatin 'Em
CLUTCHES,FUEL PUMP RELAYS,FOUR CYLINDERS
5.0L_Of_Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2001, 04:20 PM   #7
Mustanguy

Default Tears..

Mercury

I dont do much posting as much as I used to,but do alotta browsing here all the time.

When I read your post,it brought tears to my eyes.Your a good person Mercury with a huge heart.I myself am a person who if I had to,would give my last penny,or my last loaf of bread or what have you to help someone else who so needs help or support.

What has your sister done since this has happened?
Old 12-06-2001, 11:07 PM   #8
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

Man that is deep. She has a better gift then anyone can give. She has a brother that truely cares and loves her. You are an amazing guy, I wish there were more nice people out there like you. What you could do for your sister is spend time with her try to help her out, maybe she can't drive but try to take her Go-Karting or something. Sometimes it's hard to give a gift that can't be givin but showing your trying to do the next best thing is just as good. Merry Christmas to you and your family, and to all the good hearted souls out there.

Merc God has blessed you with beautiful woman cause of your warm heart. We know where he is getting these woman.

Take it easy,

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 02:13 AM   #9
Unit 5302
Registered Member

I'm sure there is a gift each and every one of us would like to give which we are unable to.

The Holiday Season seems to bring out the best (and worst) in people pushing emotions and the desire for happiness to extremes. The search for happiness during a time when it is supposed to come naturally, flowing from every corner bakery and toy store is often not found with material things as you grow older.

The friendships and family with which we are blessed to have are where the happiness comes from, and though we may want to give people things, the truth is we have received and distributed our gifts year round. In the smiles we've created and the love given and received. I'm sure you give to your sister, every day, a sense of love and a smile to her face. Making a person feel "real" and important to you, and to other people is a gift that is often overlooked, but sorely missed when not there.

Do not dwell on the things that have been taken unfairly from you or your loved ones. Dwell on all you've received from them, as they think the same, whether they realize it or not.

Happy Holidays, and save a little Mistletoe for one of those cute girls!
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 02:50 AM   #10
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

It is not because of the Holiday seasons that I think of my sister or others. I often do, and others in similar predicaments as mentioned in the thread.

When I was 8 me and a friend I had played a joke on my older sister. At the time it was seemed petty. But things like that have been eating at me for years. I can still hear my sisters cries from that day, even though that was 16 years ago.

When I lived in PA, me and my sister went to the same high school. I was in 9th grade, she was a senior. I remember of an inccident that happened in the lunch room, someone was picking on her, and I didnt go to her help, even though I knew she was emotionally hurt.

I still have "Nightmares" (If you may) about that. In my dream, I want so badly to defend her, but Cant. I find myself unable to move. I usally wake up in tears, and a powerfull feeling of disgust for myself.

No matter how many times I say I'm sorry, I still cant get rid of those memories.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 03:02 AM   #11
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Unhappy Been there myself!

When I was in 5th grade, there was a guy we picked on relentlessly! One day we were all sitting in the front of the class on the floor. His desk was there. I tied his shoe laces to the desk, and when he got up he busted his a$$. After we graduated from high school, he committed suicide. I still feel guilty about that. Although, im sure it was not the reason, I always think about that situation when I think of him. I sat next to his sister at a funeral a couple of months ago of a friend of ours. Still makes me feel bad, but you cant blame yourself for things like that. But if you didnt think of them, you wouldn't be human either!
Yu cant undo the past, but you can sure make the future a whole lot better!!!!
(I should be in bed, I actually have to WORK tomorrow on my Friday I always have off!!!! )

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 03:12 AM   #12
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Wow that i very deep. I do understand where u are coming from. My mom works with the mentaly handicapped and i have even gotten into fist fights with people over this. The people my mom works with are some of the happiest nicest people in the world. It is amazing how wonderful they are. I got absoultly crazy when people put them down and talk bad about them.

Another thing i have been a person that has taken america for granted my whole life. the freedoms we all enjoy. The special things that america brings to this world are amazing. Everyone needs to sit down and thank god for all that wonderful things they have in life. Just to be able to have the freedoms that amercia offerss is ablsoulty amazing. I miss america so much. I miss being in america more than i miss anything else back in the states. We truly are very blessed people to be living their and to enjoy the freedoms that americans have. The things that i have seen overseas have really made me proud to be an American. I have always been proud to be an american but not as much as i do know after i had america taken away for me. It has made me realize taht all the bad anomosity about amercia is just form jealously of having the honor of being able to live in the greatest place on earth. If any of u don't feel the same live in another country for a year then u will see where i am coming form. well i will shut up know.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote