MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-23-2002, 08:09 AM   #1
98SteedaGT
Registered Member

Default Going to Work Stories .. Post 'em if you got 'em

Here I am minding my own business getting on to the onramp from TwinCity Hwy to Cardnial Dr. , this is a two lane on ramp and the left lane merges into the right. Ok, with that said, I am in the left lane minding my own business, there's no one beside me, one car ahead of me in the right, and a Powder Blue Honda Accord about three car lengths behind me.... WELL>>>..... once she sees the sign that the traffic has to merge to the right, she speeds up (why?, not going anywhere any faster...) and closes the 4 car gap between herself and the other car in the right lane... Doing so she pulls right next to me and stays there, and of course the people behind her do the same, so now I have been totally cut off and have nowhere to go except into the wall (great, this lady wants to be stupid at 7:45 in rush hour traffic... what a $#*#$#@#$*), so needless to say, I didn't move... seeing as how I was trying to merge in until Mrs. Ownstheroad decides differently.. Well, after all is said and done, I didn't give an inch on my ground, I stayed right where I was, missed the wall, made her go off on to the shoulder then back on once I cleared the wall and made it into the lane.... (YEAH!), Then she has the nerve to come along side me an look at me like I am the one who caused the problem..... After a few birds were exchanged, and a couple of threatening gestures, she kept going on aroung Bmt and I took the next exit to go to work.... I deal with morons like this every single morning...... I think the drivers test should include a list of things not to do, like cutting people off... I just can't believe how someone could come from that far back, knowing that I was going to merge into their lane, and purposley do that to me........

--Besides, there was no way in hell I was going to back down from a Honda, especially with an older woman driving it... She looks like the class of people we have in this area that don't give a **** about the rest of the world. They are rich, arrogant, stuckup, and just assume walkoff than try and be nice or help you...

Anyone else have encounters with "nice" (cough..) people going to work...

--before some of you female mustang drivers start to get upset or flame me, I meant nothing sexist about that remark... I have nothing but respect for you female mustang owners, especially if you have the knowledge and intelligence to mod the car yourself.. I wish more women in the world be as interested in cars... --I would have said the same thing if it were an older man. It has nothing to do with sex/race, I can just tell by the way they look that they fall into a certain "class" we have in this area that's not very nice to people they consider to be "under them"..

// Now own 2001 F-150 SuperCrew 5.4L \\

Last edited by 98SteedaGT; 08-23-2002 at 08:23 AM..
98SteedaGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 09:15 AM   #2
MustangMick
Registered Member

I thought you were writing about my daily drives into work until I read where you are from Texas. Nothing different on routes 22 asn 33 near Allentown PA.

I now drive a "freebie" 89 Mustang LX 4 cyl with the paint falling off, with 5.0 turbines 275/60/15 meats out back (had them laying around), and tail pipe cut off so you it is hard to tell it's only a super slow - 20.5 @ 65 4 cyl.

You should see all the a-holes that want to race and cut me off on a daily basis. I used to get all upset, just I just go slow and box them in if someone tried to be an idiot. You can find me in the slow lane minding my own business, or getting picked on by all the fast rice cars, Geo Metros and other speedsters

When I drive the "other" Mustang to work, nothing changes and I still get a-holes trying to mess with me. Go figure.

The carefree commuter in a hurry is the worst of them all. Should be allowed to eliminate them. I don't mind the commuter that flies in the fast lane and buzzes along without cuting people off.
Old 08-23-2002, 10:07 AM   #3
crewzin
Registered Member

Default Bmt raceway

I know just what your talking about. I grew up in Bmt and go thru it everyday. We bought a F350 Crew Stroke to drive around town and when someone pulls over on us we just laugh and give em enough rope to hand themselves. Dont get me wrong, we dont go looking for it or drive with an attitude but if its me or them.......see ya. Its good to see someone from the area is on the Works. By the way did you make it down to the car show downtown last weekend? Or the cruise?
crewzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 10:18 AM   #4
98SteedaGT
Registered Member

Sour Lake?... wow, that's close... My gf lives in China, and I have a friend that works at Sour Lake Motors.. He's a car salesman. I did make it to that one. I was park on the corner of 11th and uhh... well it was in front of S&M Bargain, where the new bridge over I-10 is. I didn't realize it would be that packed out there.

Old 08-23-2002, 10:45 AM   #5
crewzin
Registered Member

Default 11th Str.

Ya it was busy as hell. That was bigger then last years too. Im glad to see that Bmt is starting to work with us a little on the cruise, usually all they do is write tickets. We were at the Cardinal Glass parking lot. We had a lot full of stangs. Topless in Texas came over with her crew from Houston and Sonny came over with the blown blue and white 55' Chevy. If you saw a 91 green vert or 95 red vert with two girls in it that was 347MOM and Topless. I took my 71 Mach1 out for a coulple of passes untill it got to crazy. The car show downtown at the Crocket street district was killer too. Are you going to the FFW finals next month? A bunch of us are meeting up there to watch and party. If your ever in the area go by Parsons Differentials and ask for Heather and tell her is sent ya to talk about stangs. She works there and the owners are Ford people too. Michelle runs the shop and the Local Mustang club. They are cool people to be around, CAR PEOPLE! You ever go over to the Worlds Gym on Sat nights? We are hoping to get some stangs together to hang out with, you know, give the ricers a pain in the neck!
Old 08-23-2002, 10:52 AM   #6
srv1
Get down.....

Exclamation WAKE UP!

going to work one day and for some reason, something felt wierd. so i get to work and my boss isnt there. this is normal, cause he shows up at all different times. anyways, i noticed the phone didnt ring and no customers. i was scratching my head. i was like, oh well, so i continued to work. then 9:30 came around(i get in at 8 AM) and still no customers or telephone ringing. then i looked at the computer at work. IT WAS SATURDAY!! i was so tired during the week, that i must have got sidetracked. i mean i was REALLY tired all week. so i left and went back home. that is the dumbest thing i ever did! i was laughed at by my friends. i assume you guys will next!
Old 08-23-2002, 11:22 AM   #7
98SteedaGT
Registered Member

Default Re: 11th Str.

Quote:
Originally posted by crewzin
.... by Parsons Differentials and ask for Heather and tell her is sent ya to talk about stangs. She works there and the owners are Ford people too... You ever go over to the Worlds Gym on Sat nights? We are hoping to get some stangs together to hang out with, you know, give the ricers a pain in the neck!
Hey, if you guys are going to be out this Sat, my gf and I will stop by...

It's funny that you mention Parson's, they are the ones who built my rearend and installed my gear... I've talked to them a lot, for awhile my rearend kept squealing and no one could figure out why. Turns out the rear needed the snubber trimmed, since then I haven't had any problems. I know what you mean about them being nice.. They were very helpful to me trying to figure out the prob,

Old 08-23-2002, 11:27 AM   #8
Shelby428cj
Registered Member

Ok good steeda I didn't want to have to hurt you on the woman comment!!!! j/k

I have a crappy racing story today about 8:30am in my little redneck town in Oklahoma, I was going to my shop and a honda CIVIC wanted to race and of course I do, smoked him on the take off and was probably 4 or 5 cars ahead and then I see red and blue lights flashing in my mirror!!!!!!! Yep you guessed it a P.I.G. and I got a ticket for doing 63mph in a 35mph.... O well what's another ticket!!??!!!
1969 Mustang (Project Rice Eater)
1999 Silver Mustang Saleen S281 (SQ car for stereo contests)
SQ Goddess
My Stereo Bro "tireburner163"
Shelby428cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 11:37 AM   #9
98SteedaGT
Registered Member

man, what a decision...

1). Blow away the other guy and get a ticket

2). Walk away and let them say you were too "scared" to race.

I hate choices like that, cause you know what would have been said to his other buddies.... "Man, I rolled up to this Saleen, and she wouldn't race me, she knows my lawnmower would have taken her out.. "(and more BS follows... blah)..... can't stand that crap...

Old 08-23-2002, 11:51 AM   #10
MustangMick
Registered Member

Redneck town, cops lights on,... sounds like Dukes of Hazzard to me. I would have made a break for it then jumped a dryed out river bed while jap-slapping Cooter in the head!

J/k Getting tickets bite! You'd think the cop would let the winner go and give the loser the boobie prize.
Old 08-23-2002, 12:31 PM   #11
crewzin
Registered Member

Default Weekend

We're going to Houston Raceway Park tonight. I hope we can make it out for a while sat., weather permitting. If not we'll catch ya later.....
Old 08-23-2002, 12:38 PM   #12
Shelby428cj
Registered Member

LOL yup dukes of Hazzard is a little cooler than this town though. I didn't see the cop either he had a nice little hiding space, so I don't know if I would of made the same decision as I did........ Wait a minute yah, I would of I can't stand cocky ricers!
1969 Mustang (Project Rice Eater)
1999 Silver Mustang Saleen S281 (SQ car for stereo contests)
SQ Goddess
My Stereo Bro "tireburner163"
Shelby428cj is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: