MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Good sat. night (03 cobra runs) (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=37514)

sedanman 06-24-2003 11:11 AM

Good sat. night (03 cobra runs)

Well sat. night a friend and I hit the South side Steak & Shake with the stang, we got there late because again I had to retighten a rocker arm. Well somewhere in the jist of all of this the blower belt started slipping and I am only seeing 6psi not the 10 that I should be seeing.

Race 1:

98 Camaro 6spd all the bolt-ons, midlenght headers, 4:10's and a 125 shot dry. First run is from 30-35 or so, I hit second and get MAJOR tire spin and he jumps out hard, I start to stop his pull and he shuts down up a couple cars at 85 :roll: Next run again from 35ish I leave it in 3rd to prevent wheel spin he again jumps out this time I start to pull him sooner and he shuts down 75ish? I pull up and ask to go on the interstate and do a freeway roll and he declines saying why bother... We meet him later

Race 2:

Two 03 cobra's the first one had 6# pulley and CAI We ran a couple of times and I would put a few cars on him without to much drama. The other 03 cobra had 6# pulley, JDM custom tune, and catback (just ran 12.3@118 the night before) we run several times with us being dead even (me only seeing 6psi) for a couple moments I would see 9# and I would start to pull then the boost would fall off. FWIW we ran many times and most of them were three way races nothing like hearing a eaton on both sides.

Funny:

After race 2 we head back to S&S and we meet up with the F-body guy and he ask how bad the one 03 Cobra beat me and I said he didn't. He said hows that since he pulled me pretty badly and I beat you. I said the only reason you beat me was because I SPUN and as soon as I hooked and started to pull you shut down, he didn't beleive me and went to the cobra owner who told him the same thing and that I was only seeing 6# instead of 10# he didn't like that. There was some talk of another three way race between the Fast 03 cobra and the F-body but it never materialized imagine that.

Race 3:

No passanger I meet up with two guys on bikes this is a impromptu run. The first bike a Suzuki 650 with minimal farings we run from a dead stop through first I am down 1/2 to 1 bike length and am spinning bad, hit second still spinning but picking up speed and have stopped his pull, top of second and I am hooked and pulling pretty hard, hit third and come by and put several cars on him. Next light he can't beleive it and ask what I have done and I tell him H/C Blower car and he said thats why hu? I went to race his freinds YZF 750 (I think it was a 750?) we try to go from a 35-40 roll and I get sideways so bad I can't stay in my lane so I shut down immediately, we played a little after that but nothing fair.

The rocker arm started making noise again at the end of the night :( So I have to fix that and get a new belt so I can hold 10#'s.

Dark_5.0 06-25-2003 01:36 PM

Man that is sweet:D ..............When you get your boost problem fixed you will 0wn those guys.

Sounds like you need some ET streets.

sedanman 06-26-2003 11:38 PM

Yeah I hope to have it all straightened out by mid next week. For this weekend I just hope to tighten the belt down more and work on the rocker arm problem. Hopefully I will be able to get some more good runs.

As for the ET streets as soon as I get the TKO in I will have ET streets on it, for now I have to limit abuse to DR's. The DR's that I have on now are majorly bald I have a new set and should have them on in a week or two.

302 LX Eric 06-27-2003 08:08 AM

Your car has become a beast! I like it. :)

If you can get the rocker arm situation resolved and get the belt a little tighter, you should be well on your way.

Good luck,
E

sedanman 07-01-2003 11:09 AM

I think I have all the problems worked out now, after tightning the heck out of the belt I saw 14# for the first time ever, best prior was only 10#!

302 LX Eric 07-01-2003 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by sedanman
after tightning the heck out of the belt I saw 14# for the first time ever!
:eek: WOW!:eek:

Stang_Crazy 07-06-2003 05:25 PM

Holy slippage batman!! 4# difference is HUGE! If the belt was that loose, didn't it squeel from slipping so much??

With 14#, you should be awfully close to 500 rwhp!

sedanman 07-08-2003 12:55 PM

It was colder then ever before which may have accounted for about 2# or so tops. The belt was not squeeling (which I thought was odd) but you could move the belt a little with your hand and when you hit it sometimes it would jump up to 10# then come down to 6# due to slipping.

Yeah using the jenaric equation of 15rwhp for a pound of boost it would be 510 rwhp.

Which probably is right because the other night during 80 degree temps and 80% humidity it did 123.94 traps with a 3120# race weight (plus the blower because I have not weighted it since the blower went on).

Stang_Crazy 07-08-2003 08:20 PM

I've always used the generic 12 rwhp per 1 psi of boost but I like your way of using 15 rwhp :D Gotta love cool weather. Dense air and no belt slippage!!