View Single Post
Old 10-25-2002, 02:13 AM   #7
Bad89stang
Registered Member

Default More info...

I don't know much more info on the VW, but the car is pretty nice. The guy has spent some pretty good money on it and it is built right(for a VW). I was just really impressed with the top end on the Golf. It really made me respect the power of properly tuned turbo 4 cylinders. 18 psi is nothing to sneeze at. I doubt stock 1.8T's come with large intercoolers conveniently mounted behind the front bumper either. Not just a turbo upgrade kit I assume.

My friend just bought the Mustang and it basically just has a fresh engine going for it. As far as all the suggestions with the engine combos... it is not my car. I have been wrenching on stangs for quite awhile and I definitely would not build the same combo that he is running. Yes, the heads are stock. However, I was pretty impressed with the power of the cam combined with the intake and LT's. His gears are much too high for me though and I had a hard time shifting it. His gears are one ratio higher than 4:56 i believe. Fun car to stomp on from a roll, but he is definitely in need of some good heads. He also had some SSM control arms that hooked VERY well on radials. My car would have been sideways with only 3:55 gears.

Last edited by Bad89stang; 10-25-2002 at 08:44 PM..
Bad89stang is offline   Reply With Quote