MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Got beat by an Integra... (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=22638)

Motorhead302 04-22-2002 02:23 PM

Got beat by an Integra...

Ok, the other night, my friend and I were on our way through town (Fort Wayne, IN) and as we were leaving a light, a yellow, slammed Integra rolls up next to us. We didn't have much room, but did several rolling starts in varying gears. The first time, we held right with this car, and to my suprise, I heard definite turbo spool, and blow-off valve when he shifted. We didn't get to go for long, but the worst that happened was stomping it in third, and he slowly pulled about 2 1/2 cars on us to the top of fourth.
Now, the real kicker to this story, however, is that we were not in a Stang, thank god. We were in my buddy's primered, $200, 168,000 mile, '86 Celica GT 5 spd. And a mid 90's Vtec integra with a turbo barely pulled on us. :rolleyes: I thought it was pretty funny, myself.

04-22-2002 02:27 PM

it isn't an 85 it is an 86 that is on it's last leg:D

95mustanggt 04-22-2002 04:20 PM

You had me worried there, especially when you mentioned the turbo. :)

Good ah....loss. :)

Back Seat Driver 04-22-2002 07:26 PM

Good Try's
Can't win them all!

NIK

StoplightWarrior 04-22-2002 09:00 PM

You had me worried there for a minute, good death.

Nitrous Al 04-22-2002 09:01 PM

Watch out boys! I've been doing a little research on our "Import Enemies" and the Honda VTEC B16A motor is capable of generating over 500 hp at the wheels. This engine can be swapped into a Civic, CRX or Integra. the '00 Honda Civic Si is rated at 160 hp in stock trim and dynoed 138 hp at the wheels. If the Import guy knows his stuff, he could give you a run for your money.

staticstang 04-22-2002 09:28 PM

Motorhead302.........I am from Warsaw,IN and just wanted to know how the street scene is down there in the fort? I have been debating on cruising there more often and i just wanted to know if theres a big cruise spot or not?

95mustanggt 04-23-2002 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Nitrous Al
Watch out boys! I've been doing a little research on our "Import Enemies" and the Honda VTEC B16A motor is capable of generating over 500 hp at the wheels. This engine can be swapped into a Civic, CRX or Integra. the '00 Honda Civic Si is rated at 160 hp in stock trim and dynoed 138 hp at the wheels. If the Import guy knows his stuff, he could give you a run for your money.
Good point. Although you could also argue to really watch out for 5.0L stangs, they can put out over 1000HP at the rear wheels.

It's all in how much you want to spend.;) :)

04-24-2002 02:04 AM

just so I don't look like a complete idiot the reason I posted the year reply at the beginning was because Motorhead got the year wrong and so I posted and then emailed him and he fixed it:D

lyonsd 04-24-2002 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Motorhead302
The first time, we held right with this car, and to my suprise, I heard definite turbo spool, and blow-off valve when he shifted.
Maybe he had one of those fake blow-off valve sound makers. You know how ricers are.

Quote:

Originally posted by Nitrous Al
Bah. Most ricers don't have that much money. You're just as likely as lining up next to a Viper GTS at a red light as you are with one of these super ricers.

chump188 04-24-2002 08:01 PM

Motorhead302, good to hear from others from the Fort. Maybe I will see you sometime out cruising. What do you car(s) look like? I drive a white '88 GT with '98 V6 wheels.

Motorhead302 04-24-2002 10:11 PM

Staticstang: On Fridays and saturdays, the racing is WICKED! At the old super shops across from northcrest (Best Buy, on Coliseum Blvd.) there are usually 30 cars or so when the weather's nice. Come on up, I drive a 92 LX, black, saleen wing. I usually park on the other side of the Omega Restaurant at Tom's Donuts. Look me up.

Chump188: Yes, it's good to hear from a fellow Fort-Wayner, I drive (as you probably saw) a black 92 LX with saleen wing. I'll keep an eye out for you. Stop by at Tom's Donuts some time.

As for the mention of the "fake blow off valve" my friends and I joked around about an air tank and a whistle for hours one night.
The only problem is picking a passenger who can coordinate the fake "poof" exactly when you let off to shift, LOL.

Thanks for the replies, hope to see y'all on the streets.

Motorhead302
Eric Mencl

staticstang 04-24-2002 10:42 PM

Motorhead302: Yeah, i will definately look you up sometime whenever i am up there cruising.