MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-16-2003, 05:39 PM   #21
this is not cbring
Registered Member

he modded his car and it blew up, no big deal.........

sometimes that is what it takes to learn......

happens to both import and domestic "tuners"
Old 05-16-2003, 07:29 PM   #22
20LbsBoost

Yup, that it does. However the term "ricer" still applies and as I stated earlier it matters not if they're driving an import or domestic.
Old 05-16-2003, 08:15 PM   #23
this is not cbring
Registered Member

my comments were made in general. i never said anything about the term "ricer"
Old 05-16-2003, 08:39 PM   #24
20LbsBoost

Yes they were made in general, and I never said you used the term "ricer".
Old 05-18-2003, 12:20 PM   #25
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

The M3 was racing. If you watch the vid you can see that the M3 does nail it off the line. If you think that M3 even stood a chance you need to look up how fast AWD turbo Eclipses and Talons are.

As far as launching, that's the way you do it with those cars. If you want a good hole shot, you've gotta do that. Either way, the launch had nothing to do with the motor going, that would just blow the tranny(which he had done 2 weeks earlier. That's why he said "Here's my tranny test")

That car is modded pretty good, he pushing about 400hp. The bottom ends are notorusly weak, so it's not that's surprizing that he blew the bottom end, even he admits it was just a matter of time. As far as him not knowing jack about his car.....er......he's the one that's got it torn down in his driveway. Looks like he knows his stuff. And I don't know about you, but if I blew the motor in my GT my parents would be mad, would I still pay for it, oh hell yes. but they'd still be pissed.

So get off the kids back, he blew his car. BFD, lots of people on this board have broken their car. He'd probably have no problem dispatching lots of mustangs on this board.

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 12:35 PM   #26
Miss Mischief
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tireburner163

As far as launching, that's the way you do it with those cars. If you want a good hole shot, you've gotta do that. Either way, the launch had nothing to do with the motor going, that would just blow the tranny(which he had done 2 weeks earlier. That's why he said "Here's my tranny test")

I hate to disagree but on this one point i will i have raced a 351 LX Fox Body of the line since the mid 90's I always listened for a "flat" spot when I tach up to my engines to its "holding" RPM before the tree drops i give it a test . Pause then when the lights come up I bring it back up to holding and if I am not satisfied with the sound of the engine in either taching I will not launch the car.
It was Obvious to me when he brought his car up to 1,000+ RPM the first time and Held that it hit a Flat spot happened it did the same on the second he shouldnt have launched. Live and Learn.......

RHC#153 Proud to carry the Card

2000 V-6 5 speed Frame Braces [Steeda] [Wanna be Cobra] 17" Rims with Kuhmo 245's 5 Spoke Gunmetal finish [Power Dyne] Blower Unpolished 6 psi {Mods to Come} [Steeda] Springs slightly lower then stock [Steeda] Anti sway bars front and rear.

1999 Jeep Cherokee Big six 5 speed Infinty Bose steroe Lots of Creatures Comforts [Mods] Brush/ Push bar Full length Welded and Bolted , Tow Hook Front and Rear 30" Goodyear AT's .
Miss Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 06:55 PM   #27
20LbsBoost

Quote:
The M3 was racing.
It was? Again, I ask for ANY shred of evidence the M3 was racing. What I see is the fact the guy gets a green light and rolls his car forward like anyone. The nose doesn't even lift. Last I knew when someone stabs the accelerator the front end comes up, even in a slow M3.

Quote:
If you think that M3 even stood a chance you need to look up how fast AWD turbo Eclipses and Talons are.
I don't street race to insane speeds to see what one of those high HP/low torque cars do, but I can say I've never met one at a stoplight that's given me any trouble.

Quote:
That car is modded pretty good, he pushing about 400hp.
400 HP huh?...that's from a dyno sheet or figuring it by a HP calculator based on 1/4 mile times and ET's I presume. Or is it an "educated guess"?

Quote:
As far as him not knowing jack about his car.....er......he's the one that's got it torn down in his driveway. Looks like he knows his stuff.
Having it torn apart in the driveway is NO evidence anyone knows about engines. What it DOES prove is that someone can use a screwdriver and ratchet. Anyone can take a car apart.

Quote:
So get off the kids back, he blew his car. BFD, lots of people on this board have broken their car.
No, he deserves all this ribbing for video taping his car grenading while street racing against a car that wasn't racing him. It's the laughing stock of many message boards.

Quote:
He'd probably have no problem dispatching lots of mustangs on this board.
VERY doubtful, let alone any of my V-6's.

Last edited by 20LbsBoost; 05-18-2003 at 07:07 PM..
Old 05-18-2003, 07:40 PM   #28
Miss Mischief
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 20LbsBoost
It was? Again, I ask for ANY shred of evidence the M3 was racing. What I see is the fact the guy gets a green light and rolls his car forward like anyone. The nose doesn't even lift. Last I knew when someone stabs the accelerator the front end comes up, even in a slow M3.

The M-3 got the hole shot ...

Why is it so doubtful a well built AWD would'nt beat a mustang?

I always bealive the driver is the Octane of the fuel not the car.

RHC#153 Proud to carry the Card

2000 V-6 5 speed Frame Braces [Steeda] [Wanna be Cobra] 17" Rims with Kuhmo 245's 5 Spoke Gunmetal finish [Power Dyne] Blower Unpolished 6 psi {Mods to Come} [Steeda] Springs slightly lower then stock [Steeda] Anti sway bars front and rear.

1999 Jeep Cherokee Big six 5 speed Infinty Bose steroe Lots of Creatures Comforts [Mods] Brush/ Push bar Full length Welded and Bolted , Tow Hook Front and Rear 30" Goodyear AT's .
Miss Mischief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 09:29 PM   #29
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Quote:
Originally posted by Miss Mischief
The M-3 got the hole shot ...
It did??

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2003, 10:54 PM   #30
srv1
Get down.....

Quote:

Having it torn apart in the driveway is NO evidence anyone knows about engines. What it DOES prove is that someone can use a screwdriver and ratchet. Anyone can take a car apart.

No, he deserves all this ribbing for video taping his car grenading while street racing against a car that wasn't racing him. It's the laughing stock of many message boards.

I agree. If he knew anything about cars, then why would you go to the trouble to put head studs in if you know the bottom end cant handle it? Besides, i doubt he had a 2 step. Sounds like he was showing off by bumping the stock limiter. I didnt see any device in the engine bay.

Besides, a Tubo AWD vs. a RWD N/A M3, why would you need to rev the living piss out of it? Grant him he is young, but deserves what he got.

James
Old 05-19-2003, 09:12 AM   #31
Special K
Registered Member

The guy is using a two step revlimiter to launch. Thats it. He is not bouncing the "real" rev limiter.
Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 09:53 AM   #32
tireburner163

Quote:
You can see the M3 take the jump for a second, just before he gets smoked. You can see the front of the car jump forward. I'm sorry the M3 isn't a buick and didn't wallow back on the wheels so that you knew he was racing

Quote:
I don't street race to insane speeds to see what one of those high HP/low torque cars do, but I can say I've never met one at a stoplight that's given me any trouble.
Oh yea, insane speeds. I know what you talking about, racing up to 3rd gear is WAY too much. Next time I race I'll have to make sure I keep my GT in 2nd gear so I don't reach "insane speeds" Just because you've never ran into one, doesn't mean they don't exist.

Quote:
400 HP huh?...that's from a dyno sheet or figuring it by a HP calculator based on 1/4 mile times and ET's I presume. Or is it an "educated guess"?
It is a educated guess, based on me seeing his mods on other boards and making a estimate as to what his hp is based on what other turbo Eclipses and Talons have made with simmilar mods. Yea, bet I'm the first person ever to do that

Quote:
I know a guy. Nice guy, but he doesn't know a whole lot about cars. He just likes driving his GT. Now his car started knocking. Did he take it apart in his driveway to see what was wrong with it, HELL NO, he took it to the shop to get it fixed. Why in the hell would this guy tear into his motor if he didn't know what he was doing?

Also what proves that he DOESN'T know about cars. Quit sterotyping people. He could be a SAE mechanic for all you know.

Quote:
Oh yea, any body that posts pics or vid of broken car parts must be a idiot ricer moron. Pokey 5.0, that pic you posed of your block being split down the middle, I take it back, your just a loser ricer. And 88WorkCar, I'm sorry but that pic of that broken rocker arm makes you a ricer, sucks to be you. And that T-type that broke at the track Friday night, oh God, what a ricer.

Quote:
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA, ignorant people are the funniest ones. That car would have no problem owning many cars on this board. Especially in a street race where often times the race is less than 1/4th mile. Let alone one of your V-6's? Aren't you just special. 1) my GT could take you GN back when I first got it. 2) my GT can take that big bad TTA now. Oh wait, N2O is cheating right. Damn. Oh well, you can yell at my tail-lights

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 05-19-2003, 10:16 AM   #33
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Those of you that have never raced an AWD DSM need a reality check.

It is not uncommon at all for them to pull low 1.6 60ft's on street tires.

The M3 was racing if he wasnt he wouldnt have even been in the picture.

There was nothing wrong with his car when he launched it. The motor didnt blow till the boost built up.

I raced one with mild mods and he very nearly handed me my *** and my car isnt slow. He had me by 2 1/2 cars right from the jump and I was most definitely racing.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 12:07 PM   #34
tireburner163

Quote:
Originally posted by srv1
I agree. If he knew anything about cars, then why would you go to the trouble to put head studs in if you know the bottom end cant handle it?
So you asking why he would replace his head bolts, with head studs and not install a forged bottom end? Oh I dunno, maybe because studs are only a few bucks more than bolts and yanking the motor and installing a forged bottom end would cost thousands. It's kinda like having a 500hp 5.0 on the stock block. You know it's gonna go eventully, but you don't have 1300 for a Dart block. Same thing. Doesn't mean he's a moron when it comes to cars

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 05-23-2003, 12:23 PM   #35
xspeed02
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark_5.0
Those of you that have never raced an AWD DSM need a reality check.
Dark has a point here, AWD DSMs have serious balls off the line. I've only raced 1 the entire time I've had my car (4 years) but back when I was stock he left the line at 5k and I didn't have enough space to chase him down, don't even know if I could have in a reasonable amount of time. These cars are very fast for very little money, on the flip side, stock internals can only take that much boost for so long, I've seen plenty DSMs crank walk and this sounds like another story of trying to get too much power without taking the necessary precautions.
Old 05-23-2003, 05:25 PM   #36
srv1
Get down.....

Thumbs down

Quote:
So you asking why he would replace his head bolts, with head studs and not install a forged bottom end? Oh I dunno, maybe because studs are only a few bucks more than bolts and yanking the motor and installing a forged bottom end would cost thousands. It's kinda like having a 500hp 5.0 on the stock block. You know it's gonna go eventully, but you don't have 1300 for a Dart block. Same thing. Doesn't mean he's a moron when it comes to cars
Ok Josh. I think you just answered your own question. Why dont you put head studs in your stock block, throw a turbo in it, run it to say 15lbs of boost, and leave the bottom end totally stock. Now would that make any sense? Nope. You know the bottom end cant handle it, so why would you put studs in it then? Because your SAE(ASE just to correct you) mechanic didnt know how to build the motor or know enough that stock USA bottom end Mitsu's cant handle that much power. If he wanted to do it right, there would be a JDM block under that hood which can take that boost level. Evidentally he has his "collection" and his nice "head studs" to show for it.

Everybody makes mistakes, but to show your stupidity over the net is asking for it. Its one thing if he posted about it, but the kid tried to show off and made himself look like an ***. If he knew anything, he wouldnt be racing that Bimmer in the first place. Why would you have to use a 2 step(It didnt sound like one to me)on the street with AWD against a BMW? The kid was being a kid and deserved to get his balls busted.

Oh by the way, 20lbs is cocky, but at least he has something to back it up with. Your Stang cant Hang with that Buick V6.

Quote:
These cars are very fast for very little money, on the flip side, stock internals can only take that much boost for so long, I've seen plenty DSMs crank walk and this sounds like another story of trying to get too much power without taking the necessary precautions.
Thank you. That is all I was trying to say.

James
Old 05-23-2003, 06:16 PM   #37
tireburner163

SRV1: How is he any different than heads/cam/intake/bolt on/blower 5.0? That's too much power for the stock block. But lots of people do it.

Why did he launch it so high? 1) those cars make tiny amounts of torque, you have to launch them high to get them off the line quick. 2) He had just gotten a new tranny and limited slips installed. If you watch the video you can hear him say "Well, here's my tranny test."

So he posted a vid, big whoop. He showed what happened to his car. How is that any different than Pokey 5.0 posting pics of his block split down the middle?

My stang can't take one of 20lbs turbo V-6's? HA!!!! I need to change it, but all mods in sig are now installed. I could take the GN N/A and more than likey edge out the TTA when I open the giggle gas (but that's cheating )

1998 HD Electra Elide
Old 05-23-2003, 06:46 PM   #38
this is not cbring
Registered Member

tell me about these jdm block dsm's
Old 05-23-2003, 07:26 PM   #39
xspeed02
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by this is not cbring
tell me about these jdm block dsm's
What exactly are you asking about? I know of some guys that swap in JDM motors (like my friend that swapped his h22a1 for a h22a, 4th gen prelude) but I can't imagine a JDM DSM motor being any stronger. However, do they even make JDM DSM blocks? I'm not sure if they manufactured DSM's over there or not. I have knowledge of import racing but not to the extent that I could answer that type of question.
Old 05-23-2003, 10:41 PM   #40
this is not cbring
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by xspeed02
What exactly are you asking about? I know of some guys that swap in JDM motors (like my friend that swapped his h22a1 for a h22a, 4th gen prelude) but I can't imagine a JDM DSM motor being any stronger. However, do they even make JDM DSM blocks? I'm not sure if they manufactured DSM's over there or not. I have knowledge of import racing but not to the extent that I could answer that type of question.
that is pretty much my point. from what i understand (which may not be completely accurate), dsm = diamond star motors. the diamond star motors plant is in Normal, Illinois. if it wasn't built in Normal, then it isn't a DSM. therefore there really aren't JDM blocks. there are JDM versions of that motor (the 4g63) that went into the Evolutions, but i really haven't heard of swapping in an evo block.

a common swap, however, is to replace the 2nd generation motor (7 bolt) that is known to "crankwalk" with a 6 bolt motor from the first generation DSM's. most people don't do this swap until they blow the 7 bolt motor. some may consider it dumb to build the 7 bolt, without upgrading to the 6 bolt. personally, i'd consider it a waste of resources to swap out a perfectly fine 7 bolt just because it might crankwalk in the future.