View Single Post
Old 04-28-2002, 04:44 PM   #1
Coupe5oh
Registered Member

Unhappy Got pulled by a modded WrX

Well we ran twice, i figured out that, my sport pros hook up great on asphalt, but not the track.

Anyway, first run the rough asphalt was too much for a low rpm launch, and i bogged with like 10 lbs in the tires, so i got ate up and just gave up, we have been planning this for a while with some smack talk, so i ask for another run, 2nd time the flagger gave the signal, i launched at a higher rpm, dont remember what, somewhere around 4k, and it hooked awesome, i was at his door maybe I had a headlight on him, powershifted 2nd, at this time he was still next to me, hit 3rd soft, so i wouldnt miss, YEA! i still had a bumper on him, i could hear his blowoff valve, and turbo spooled, top of 3rd, my car felt sluggish?

but I went to grab 4th and bam! missed 4th gear, (still getting used to short throw), so he got me, he admitted if i didnt miss it would have been different, but his turbo was really working on the top, he has run 13.2 at 101..... his 60' ft's are good, but it was exciting launching like i did and holding an AWD car right next to me, im really pissed that that is the only 4banger that could touch my car around here....upper rpms are feeling not good with my car?? thats another post, however, i spanked a 95 z28 that night by like 5 car lengths so not the worst night.
Police package 5spd 90 Lx, Stock original motor, 3.27grs, BM fan, fms 10.5 clutch, D&D quadrant, and adjuster, ADS chip, 180 stat, mac cai, mac h-pipe, mac subframe connectors, ASP crank pulley, ripper shifter, 26x10.5 M/T sport pros welds. 246 hp according to analyzer
Race weight: 3,120

E.t-13.57 with 26x10.50's e.t. streets. 1.88 60'

mph- 99.92 mph
Coupe5oh is offline   Reply With Quote