MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-29-2001, 06:38 PM   #1
IMPOSTER
Registered Member

Thumbs up Finally ran a modded 99+ GT

I ran a guy the other day in a 99GT with full exhaust, pulleys, ported heads, larger injectors, an 80mm m/a, a re-worked cam (that's what he called it), and a 4.30. It ran pretty damn good. Actually when I pulled next to him at the light, I noticed that he had "Triton V8" badges where the GT badges would be. We gave each other a polite nod and waited for the light. Light goes green and we both roll out pretty soft (no more Nittos for me), he punches it first and gets a 1/2 car lead. Man, that GT sounded like a monster. I then get on it and slam into second. I was still behind until I got to the top of second, at that point I'd pulled even with him. Through most of 3rd we're side by side and I'm starting to worry. At about 5000rpm I began to slowly pull ahead. It may have been his shift to 4th that gave me that ground. I held onto my slight lead after a powershift to 4th. As my rpm's rose I put another couple feet on him. We shut down since it looked like he wasn't going to gain. All said and done, his nose was just behind my back bumper. At the next light he pulled up next to me with a big grin on his face giving me a thumbs up. All I could say was, "Damn, that thing is strong."

We pulled over to get out and talk. He left his car running and the thing was idling so hard that his shifter was practically thrashing back and forth. It sounded wicked. He had full length headers with no cats and Flowmasters with no tailpipes. I told him about my mods also. Turns out the guy lives 5 minutes away. Looks like I found a running buddy.
1990 LX,Light Titanium w/Black powdercoated Ponies,5 speed,302 w/Edelbrock heads(box stock),Edelbrock Manifold(box stock),E-303 cam,Koni Adj. Shocks,sub frame connecs,3 core radiator,Nitto Drags(havn't used at the track yet),4.10,Steeda Clutch Kit,Aluminum D-Shaft, and he's street legal...barely!
IMPOSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2001, 07:03 PM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Yep,
The new modular motors are no joke...
They are reliable and can run strong.
It will be nice when the after-market parts for the modulars begin to come down...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2001, 10:17 PM   #3
Nitrous Al
Registered Member

Question

So what did he have in the car, a 4.6 or a 5.4?
Old 12-29-2001, 10:27 PM   #4
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Unless he did an engine swap, he's got a 4.6...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2001, 11:39 PM   #5
69fastback
IRAQ VET

sound like an awesome car. Good race. damn i can't wiat to get back to california only 9 more days damn it feels good.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 01:34 AM   #6
IMPOSTER
Registered Member

Yeah it was the 4.6. I asked about the TritonV8 badges, he said he put them on for the hell of it. Looked pretty cool actually. And the way that thing sounded, the badges fit.

Hammer: Honestly, I wouldn't be suprised if that car could run even stronger. He did say it that they're still tuning it. I agree on the aftermarket for the modulars. As long as thar motors around things will improve.
IMPOSTER is offline   Reply With Quote