MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-28-2003, 04:49 PM   #1
yelowjaket
Registered Member

Cool Pulled over last night :(

Was on my way home from work and everything is going well until i see this car in my rear-view mirror tailgating the hell outa me. I'm like what's this guys' problem? I didn't recognize the headlights as another mustang or comaro or any type of another sports car. I say that cause i thought maybe it was one of the many teenagers around here that like to try to pick on my car . Anyways i'm gettin' a little pissed so i start slowing down to 45 and speeding up to 60 (speed limit is 55). this guy doesn't do ANYTHING like try to pass or flash his high beams for the "go faster" signal. I slow to take a right turn to go home and then i see it, the red and blue lights come on. Oh sh--! I just ticked off a cop. He pulled me over, not for messin' with him (i.e. slowing down then speeding up) but for not stopping at a stop sign! Well i proceed to show him my GTS light covers and he's like oh ok but you gotta take those off, thier illegal. I guess he didn't see my brake lights come on so he assumed i didn't stop. He did a background check and didn't find anything cause i gotta clean record. He asked me why i was so nervous, and i told him i've never been pulled over before (it's true). He saw my "Military Police" Sticker i got on my rear window and then i told him i'm in the 855th MP Company and he knew a lot of the guys in there, I think that's probably one reasons he let me off, heh. Whew!
-BBK equal length shorty headers
-K&N
-BBK 65mm Throttle Body
-Edelbrock performer 5.0 intake
-3.73 gears
yelowjaket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2003, 09:11 PM   #2
this is not cbring
Registered Member

those taillight blackouts are bad news........

you should get those puppies off before some old lady in a buick puts her front bumper in your back seat on a sunny afternoon.
Old 03-30-2003, 10:07 PM   #3
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

you got lucky, alot of cop's are ex - military, my desert storm vet got me out of an 80 - a65 mph zone . lol, yeah get rid of the blackout's before some one rear end's you, or cut slot's in them , l8ter.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 03:51 PM   #4
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

Highway Po-Po in an truck did the same thing to me except it was late at night in the middle of nowhere. He tailgated me for miles, and I wasn't about to pull into the driveway with some strange redneck riding my tail (didn't realize it was a highway patrol). So as soon as I turn on the FM road to my house, I punch it and totally dust him.

Didn't get too fast, maybe 70 in a 65, but I accelerated from him hard, and his lights came. He pulled me over in front of my house, and started asking where I was coming from and where I was going. I pointed to my house, and he's like, "Oh." Gave me a warning for "failure to drive in single lane" saying that I crossed the center stripe when I turned. BS. He thought I was running and decided he'd chase. Probably surprised him when I pulled over.

--nathan
'91 GT, Coast 347, 9.5:1 compression, full intake, Wolverine 1087 cam, exhaust, Keith Craft ported Windsor Jr. Irons (235 cfm intake, 195 cfm exhaust), AOD, PI 3500 converter, Lentech valve body, 3.73's (4.10's in the works), and Yokohama ES100's out back.

Daily Car: '04 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6MT
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote