MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-01-2002, 03:37 PM   #1
silverv6
Registered Member

Unhappy Got smoked by a 2000 Eclipse

2 days ago I was goin to the beach on 76 wen I see far in front a Eclipse with a bigg exaust so I pull next to him I thouth I could keep nexrt to him cus only one other time ive keep next to a eclipse once . Well wen I pull next to him he punches it and you could hear that anoying sound but wen he shifted I heard the turbo he had blow off valves. he passed me about 5 cars haead and he changed lanes and he sticked his arm out and was signaling me from far away to pull next to him so I did and wen I got next to him he punched it again so we got to a stop light and he was reving his car up and I lowered my window down and I was asking him how much HP he had but he ignored me tipical rice so wen the light turned green we took off and I coulnt catch him .. the only thing was that every time he shifted this strange burning smell came out.

Some one told me it was the clutch that maybe the guy dint know how to drive stick.

2"drop
18"spoked rims with lowprofile tires
true dual exaust two 2chamber flowmasters
GT fog lights
euro tail lights
silverv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 03:56 PM   #2
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

With your car, you shouldnt be messing with a turbo anything.

Seriously though, you could take the non turbo, pre 99 eclipses pretty easily. Get some underdrive pulleys and a cold air kit on there and you should be at about 210hp. That's pretty decent if you ask me.

BTW, a friend of mine has a 99 v6 5speed. He had it dynoed right off the showroom floor. Then he installed Mac's cold air kit, dynoed it again, and he picked up 8hp! That's a big gain from a part so cheap and easy to do. Good luck!

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 04:53 PM   #3
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

If it was a new Eclipse, they didn't come stock with turbos so I wouldn't be too ashamed about getting beat. I have raced a brand new stock Eclipse with a manual and they are slow as hell compared to a V8 stang - not even really a race. As far as I can tell the pre-99 turbo 4s are faster than the new V6s in stock form.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 06:54 PM   #4
gsxkilla
Registered Member

ok first of all anyone that owns a v-6 mustang needs to get a life and get a real car... what is the point of having a mustang if it is not going to be fast like i can understand the old svo but they were turbo...so my advice is left up ur skirt grab ur balls and go buy a v-8
Old 03-03-2002, 01:24 PM   #5
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Some people just can't afford a GT. Reardless, a mustang is a mustang. At least he didn't take his V6 and rice it up like alot of people are doing. He's trying to make the best of his situation. Yes, he didn't get a GT...so what. His car may be a little slower than a V8 but his insurance is going to be less and his payments are probably less than a V8.

Not everyone can have exactly what they want. Hell, if I could afford it, I'd have a 89 Saleen SSC sitting in my garage but it's not financially wise. Maybe someday silverv6 will get a V8, but for now, I think it's nice to see him making the best of his situation.

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 01:39 PM   #6
gsxkilla
Registered Member

im sorry silver 6 might have been a lil hard on ur my point was not to be an *** just that i cant afford a newer GT so i dont buy a newer v-6 i buy an older 5.0 and the bottom line is i dont get into the street racer forum untill i have something worthy of racing...i still like mustangs and its better then a civic that pulls up to me to race everynight
ryan
Old 03-03-2002, 03:56 PM   #7
Unit 5302
Registered Member

A low/mid 15sec car is respectable for a daily driver in my opinion, and that's more than likely what silverv6 has.

He may not have the fastest car on the block, but he does have a nice looking, reliable, quick car under warranty. Not everybody has the facilities to go out and buy some beat up old Fox body to fix up. I also don't get statements regarding taking the money he put into the V6 and going out and getting an older V8. Lot's of people go out and buy cars with almost nothing down now. Tax, title, and license cost just about as much as their down payment. You can't finance modifications and repairs in most cases.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 12:12 AM   #8
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Unit 5302
[B]A low/mid 15sec car is respectable for a daily driver in my opinion, and that's more than likely what silverv6 has.

No way I have never seen a V6 stang get out of the 16's even with a few bolt ons and gears.

Normaly I see them run 15.3-15.6 on nitrous.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 12:35 AM   #9
Unit 5302
Registered Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dark_5.0
[B]
Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302
A low/mid 15sec car is respectable for a daily driver in my opinion, and that's more than likely what silverv6 has.

No way I have never seen a V6 stang get out of the 16's even with a few bolt ons and gears.

I seriously don't get why all the cars run so slow at your track. MM&FF got a 5spd 99 V6 to run a 14 with no bolt on mods. Actually, I'm getting tired of you quoting what cars can and can't do based on your *** track at all. You've got to know by now your track has no basis for what 99% of other tracks run.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 07:31 AM   #10
lx mike
Undescribable

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark_5.0

on nitrous they are running well into the 14's down here. even with just a few mods they are high 14's - low 15's. maybe it's the track like unit said.
Rice Haters Club Member #101
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 10:49 AM   #11
gsxkilla
Registered Member

ok he is right there is no way a v-6 mustang gets into the 15's sorry but it just isnt true and just cuz u go out and buy a fox body mustang doesnt mean its beat up i have an 87 5.0 and it only has 85,000 miles on it and it is fast enough to drive it daily and to kick some camaro's *** everyonce in a while
ryan
Old 03-04-2002, 12:18 PM   #12
lx mike
Undescribable

Quote:
Originally posted by Dark_5.0

Normaly I see them run 15.3-15.6 on nitrous. [/B]

http://www.velocitysix.com/members.php

Here's some proof that they can and do run 14-15's
Rice Haters Club Member #101
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 01:16 PM   #13
inferno
The Instigator

Here is my take on the subject....why buy the v6 model with a goal to make it faster? It will cost about the same to get to the level of the v8 stang and even more to pass it, and at that point, the warranty on the engine will probably be voided. Saving 20 bucks a month on insurance(difference for me between a v6 and v8 stang) isn't that big of a difference.
Old 03-04-2002, 03:00 PM   #14
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by inferno
Here is my take on the subject....why buy the v6 model with a goal to make it faster? It will cost about the same to get to the level of the v8 stang and even more to pass it, and at that point, the warranty on the engine will probably be voided. Saving 20 bucks a month on insurance(difference for me between a v6 and v8 stang) isn't that big of a difference.
Exactly! Do not buy a V6 stang in order to hop it up, it just doesn't make any sense. Now, if you already have a V6 stang, or are given one by your parents (ie high schoolers, college grads, etc) then you can make the best of it by hopping it up a bit, aint nothing wrong with that. Just don't go out and buy a v6 for cheaper than a GT thinking you'll put the difference in mods, cause you'll still not be as quick as the GT is stock!

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 04:01 PM   #15
LX XLR8R
Dirk Diggler

my buddy ran a 15.5 in his 2000 v6..and he aint no racecar driver..i might of been able to get the ting to see a high 14/low15..that is complrty stock with no mufflers(dont ask)..they are 205hp

You might want to hold on..i saw this on a cartoon once
LX XLR8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2002, 05:59 PM   #16
90LxDroptop
Registered Member

hey, maybe sliverv6 just got the first car jitters and jumped at it. I have friends that have done that too. Just make the best of that car, I made the best out of my 90 CONVERTIBLE when I first bought it (6 months ago, hell it's still just about stock)I was probably running a high 15 or a low 16 E.T. It was still fun as all heck. anyways, george forman grill is callign me, adios
Old 03-04-2002, 09:35 PM   #17
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

It's obvious that a V6 stang is not going to be as fast as a V8, but if you look at the V6 stang and the new Eclipse, they are very close in horsepower and performance. Does this mean that the new Eclipse is not a performance vehicle? Of course not, so why bag on the V6 stang? It has more horsepower than a lot of the import sports cars.
Old 03-05-2002, 10:14 AM   #18
95mustanggt
Registered Member

If I didn't have the money to buy a GT, or didn't really want a sports car, but still wanted a sports car (if you know what I mean) I would buy a V6 stang. They look great, have decent performance, get good gas mileage, and are more practical that other sports cars.

But I want performance, therefore I would only get the V8. But the GT is more than just the V8 engine, the rear end is stronger, the tires are wider/better, I think the suspension is also better (does the V6 have the rear torque shocks?)

Anyway there is no point in hotroding a V6, but as a daily driver I would not hesitate to buy one.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 10:51 AM   #19
gsxkilla
Registered Member

ok first of all the new eclipse blows!!! and they are not performance cars.... so here is the deal the only reason that eclipse is fast cuz it is turbo nothing more i say that all u v-6 racers grow some balls and get a car to race or at least know that ur car is used for nothing better then cruising down the street! picking up girls!
ryan
Old 03-05-2002, 05:39 PM   #20
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

The new Eclipse IS NOT TURBO. It's a sad attempt at a 3000GT without the horsepower and all wheel drive.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: