MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-05-2002, 06:00 PM   #21
95mustanggt
Registered Member

I think the new Eclipses look stupid. The older ones look way better IMO.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 10:52 AM   #22
LincoConti87
Registered Member

Who the hell do you think you are telling the whole world how they should do things? How are you going to sit there and mock someone for NOT buying a gt. I used to think that if you are going to buy a mustang get the one with the V8 but as far as the 99 up stangs go I happen to really like the V6's...I test drove one with a 5 speed and I thought it was great.

I also saw the magazine article where they took a stock 5 speed to a 14.9...sure not everyone can drive that good....tell me that every 87-93 5.0 could hit 14's...you must be a real rocket scientist to think that a 5.0 is that fast anyways. I happen to be very fond of the fox 5.0 but wake up and welcome to the next century...camaros are running high 12's stock and mustang gt's are hitting mid-high 13's who are you to be knocking on someone else for not having a fast car. If you actually did some reading you would see that many people mod out their 6's and run plenty faster than a gt...they drop turbos on them...some even drop in the V6 out of the trucks...I happen to think thats a nice little setup you have on your six with the flows and all. I would be proud to own that car. Have fun
LincoConti87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2002, 11:03 AM   #23
gsxkilla
Registered Member

alright then u want to talk like ur bad and u want to race ur v-6 well dont even start talking till u put a turbo on there!!! and first of all new cobras are running mid 13's, and the gt's are running low 14's, so dont be a **** nut... now as far as ur comment of 5.0's i think that any 5.0 with a five speed and right driver will at least run 14's my best time is a 13.8 in a stock 5.0 thank you very much *** wipe
ryan
Old 03-06-2002, 12:42 PM   #24
LincoConti87
Registered Member

Red face

First of all I don't have a V6...I have a 87 Continental built on the fox body...it has a 5.0...it is also slow as all get out cus its the regular 5.0...I'm not claiming to be bad or fast. I'm claiming to use common sense where you have instead placed *** since you have no idea what you are talking about.

Let me enlighten you...99 up Gts are able to pull hig- mid 13's ...There are several cases of Gts hitting 13.6's and 13.7's and there people who don't know how to drive that prolly can't get them out of the 15's but YES they do hit 13's.

As I stated before NOT EVERYONE can hit 14's with a 5.0 mustang...I don't think this needs more explaining....and I hope to God that you made a typo and meant to say you hit a 14.8 and not a 13.8 because then I know that I have wasted my time completely.

Now grow up and leave your childish remarks to yourself. Theres plenty of morons out there that can curse...shoot there are parrots that can curse. I would give you alot more respect if you could make a point without using profanity or putting someone else down.
Old 03-06-2002, 06:19 PM   #25
gsxkilla
Registered Member

all im trying to say is that on this site we have so many people making fun of ricers driving around when we have the same people driving slow v-6's now i understand if his parents bought him that or whatever im not saying i wouldnt drive one im just saying that i wouldnt talk bout racing one!!! oh hey guys my mom has a 99 zx2 anyone up for kicking my *** and if u want the slip to prove that i ran a 13.8 i will scan it for ya! now pick up a version of the september 2001 edition of muscle mustangs and fast fords and u will see that there best time with the 2001 cobra was at 13.3 with perfect conditions! now considering that the new cobras had 320 horse and gt's only have 260 then u do the map dont call me a dumb *** ur the one that doesnt know ET times from its *** oh yea i just wanted to curse one more time i ****** ur mom last night
ryan
Old 03-06-2002, 06:21 PM   #26
gsxkilla
Registered Member

err sorry i ment u do the math not the map
ryan
Old 03-06-2002, 09:09 PM   #27
LincoConti87
Registered Member

Well I guess you just proved that it is impossible to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. I just told you that there are people that run mid-high 13s in GT's WHAT PART OF THAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND. You obviously have no clue about anything. A ricer is not someone who has a slow car and races people...a ricer is someone who tries to make the trim level of his/her car that of a higher car without doing anything other than appearance modifications and generally they do all kinds of stupid stuff like putting wings and stickers and huge exhaust tips...that guy is not a ricer.

Why are you comparing apples with oranges...cobras and gts are two diferent cars. The cobras have independent rear suspension and have trouble with wheel hop. Since ure so darn smart though I guess I can't tell you anything...and I didn't call you a dumb***...but hey I won't argue with you...Anyone can scan a timeslip from a car that is not theirs....you are trying to tell me that a mustang gt with 270 or 80 horsepower cannot run a mi-high 13 with the vast experience you have, yet you ran a 220 horsepower stock mustang 5.0 to a 13.8? Yea I'm the one that needs to do math

Doesn't anybody here remember LizardKing with his Gt that ran a 13.7?

I guess I'm just blowing air around though because you keep responding with false information that you cannot back up and think you are smart because you know 3 different curse words. Congratulations you have just achieved the 3rd grade diploma of excellency.
Old 03-07-2002, 11:01 AM   #28
gsxkilla
Registered Member

my car is an lx and weights a hell of alot lighter and im not saying that it isnt possible just not normal normally ur not gonna get a GT to run that i think that is juist being a complete moron if u think every GT u get out on the track will hit 13's and oh yea if anyone agrees with u on saying that cobras are not as fast as GT's will u please say something becaus if u dot u need to be shot thank you
ryan
Old 03-07-2002, 11:51 AM   #29
Barrfight
Registered Member

Wow! Hey guys, chill out. We're all on the same side here. Let's focus some of that negative energy towards the hondas, toyotas, nissans, and acuras out there.

HOOAH!

Red 1991 LX 5.0 Hatchback
BBK Headers
2 Chamber Flowmasters
2 1/2 in. exhaust
Underdrives
1.7 roller rockers
ported stock intake and heads
3.73 gears
Barrfight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 05:34 PM   #30
LincoConti87
Registered Member

We are not on the same side. This guy opened by saying that the guy who started this thread need to get a life because he did not have a V8....read the whole thread.

Why keep up the same argument. I told you that Gts can hit 13's...you told me I was dumb and that they didn't. Now you say that some can but not all of them.

And you still think that a fox body 5.0 can hit a 13.8 STOCK? COME ON ALREADY

I didn't say that Gts were faster than Cobras...I said you cannot compare them....that does not mean that GTs are faster...I didn't claim that GTs could do 13.3.

Your statement says that if I think every Gt out there can hit 13's I'm a complete moron. But you just said that every 5.0 with a 5 speed can hit a 14.8 with a good driver....thats my argument...good driver. But I can't get over the fact that you claim to run a FULL second faster in the 1/4 with your stock 5.0 than any other good driver out there. Would someone else please give me a hand here.

Your final idea is that I should be shot...thats nice. Thank you
Old 03-07-2002, 05:50 PM   #31
Barrfight
Registered Member

I just meant we shouldn't really be arguing about what mustang is better than another or stuff like that. I'm just saying we're all driving domestics and don't like the ricer scene......

HOOAH!

Red 1991 LX 5.0 Hatchback
BBK Headers
2 Chamber Flowmasters
2 1/2 in. exhaust
Underdrives
1.7 roller rockers
ported stock intake and heads
3.73 gears
Barrfight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 05:53 PM   #32
SixShooter00
Registered Member

Smile GSXkilla

Man i gotta v6 msutang and ive smoked every v8 ive ran into so far, ive only lost one race and that was against a Chevy nova, that was running low 11's.

The bottome line is you can make any car fast..this game is all about money. so anyone with a v6 dont listen to his chump, because id smoke his A**, representin all the vsixers out there.

and ill have pics of my car on here real soon

Albert
President Of Sixshooters car club
Austin,TX
SixShooter00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 06:36 PM   #33
gsxkilla
Registered Member

first of all im not against anyone that has a v-6 mustang like i said i would drive one i just wouldnt race one till it was actually fast i have plenty of friends with fast 4 cylinders and i dont make fun of them b/c they are fast... my car does run a 13.8 and just because u say that GT's run 13's doesnt mean anything to me b/c clearly u are stuck in mustang dream land or some **** now silver 6 like i said before the first post was a lil hard on u im not saying that i dont appreciate the fact that u like mustangs and drive a v-6 mustang personally they are just not for me thats all! now as for rob ur just a queer thats the bottom line!
ryan
Old 03-07-2002, 11:03 PM   #34
LincoConti87
Registered Member

You are a real bright one. You contradict even yourself....You said he should get a life cus he didn't get a GT...why don't YOU get a life. I don't care what your car runs...a stock 5.0 does not run 13's so obviously you are either a liar or your car is not stock. Pick one. I'm the one stuck in mustang dreamland? YOU ARE THE DREAMER WITH A MUSTANG. I have a Lincoln...don't you read too good boy?

Once again you show no evidence of being able to backup a single thing you say. The only thing you can come up with is that I'm a queer? Dude why don't you just admit that you spoke without thinking and stop being such a jerk about it.
LincoConti87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 11:33 PM   #35
melmo316
Registered Member

Talking

gsxkilla, keep on drinking, your making perfect sence

Seriously though, I am new to this site and I would like to know if anyone here can give me any info on what I would need under the hood of a new (to me) mustang. I am thinking about getting one so that I can whoop on my husband's camaro.
melmo316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 11:50 PM   #36
LincoConti87
Registered Member

What kinda mustang what kinda camaro? I could prolly list off a few things for ya but you could get a lot of answers if you post under the forums specifically for technical stuff for your type of mustang. If you have an older 5.0 look in thw windsor forum and if its newer under the modular one
Old 03-08-2002, 12:14 AM   #37
melmo316
Registered Member

I am just getting ideas on what to get, I don't have it yet. but thanks for the info. I'm thinking an early 90's GT. The camaro is an 86 Z28. We are currently rebuilding the 350 and should be around 300 hp with a TH350 transmission and 3.23 gears. He is hoping to be mid to low 14 second range. What would I need to do to make a 5.0 out run it. He hates Mustangs so that is why I am wanting to go with one that will whip his little camaro.
Thanks, Jen.
Old 03-08-2002, 12:23 AM   #38
melmo316
Registered Member

Come on guys, don't give my wife a bunch of crazy ideas. I have been begging with her to get another camaro so at least she will have a chance. Hell she would probably have a better chance with a honda. Just what I need, a ford to work on.
Old 03-08-2002, 12:53 AM   #39
LincoConti87
Registered Member

HAHAHAHA poor baby heh heh

You are going to have a little bit of work in front of you to make a 5.0 dip into 13's...Me thinks that if you have 300 horsepower in that 350 its gonna see low-mid 13's with traction. I'm not a chevy expert though. On FordvsChevy.com there is a guy that built a 350 and dropped it in a early 80's i guess Malibu and I think it dynoed somewhere around 300 horses and he was running mid 12's first time at track.
If you wanna start off good you should go with a 99 up 4.6 but if you are anything like me...broke for one...and second why buy a new gt for over 20 grand when you can get an old 5.0 for 3-5 grand and drop 10 grand into the engine and really haul butt and have money left over to put a down payment on a house...or maybe build a hydraulic lift into your garage
Old 03-08-2002, 04:48 PM   #40
lx mike
Undescribable

Quote:
Originally posted by melmo316
He is hoping to be mid to low 14 second range. What would I need to do to make a 5.0 out run it. Thanks, Jen.
doesn't take much to run those time in a 5.0. click on my car name and see what i have, i am running 13.8's right now.

gears, either 3.55 or 3.73 and tires and you should be running mid to low 14's with no other mods in a 5.0
Rice Haters Club Member #101
lx mike is offline   Reply With Quote