MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-08-2002, 11:02 PM   #41
89hatchbackGT
Registered Member

I've never raced a turbo eclipse but I've raced a 2000 non turbo and man those things are slow. I know i put at least 5 car lengths between us, most likely more than that. The way I see it, if a car HAS TO HAVE turbos to be fast, why buy it. Buy a car thats already fast n/a and put the same turbo on it and you'll beat everything. Just my opinion.
I like an escalator because an escalator can never break. It can only become stairs. There'd never be an escalator out of order sign, only escalator temporarily stairs-sorry for the inconvenience sign.

--Mitch Hedberg
89hatchbackGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2002, 11:05 PM   #42
89hatchbackGT
Registered Member

put the same turbo on your v6 stang that the eclipse had and you'll kick his *** into the ground.
I like an escalator because an escalator can never break. It can only become stairs. There'd never be an escalator out of order sign, only escalator temporarily stairs-sorry for the inconvenience sign.

--Mitch Hedberg
89hatchbackGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 04:05 AM   #43
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Hey gsxkilla calm down. This site is normally filled with eucated people and you come on here trash talking everyone. Go somewhere else if you are gonna do that.

Later
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2002, 12:52 PM   #44
SixShooter00
Registered Member

Post EXACTLY

good point midnite.
SixShooter00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 04:41 AM   #45
madmike
Registered Member

Angry

well i can tell yeah that i really do not pay much attention to anything thats runs 15sand i would have to agree that if you want to drag then get a v8 and go smoke that little ***** with a stock 5.0.there is nothing i hate more than a rice burner with an attitude.but hey you know what if you like the car for just the body style thats cool but if you are going to beef it up get the muscle cause there is nothing better sounding than a ford v8 with flowmasters.
madmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 01:11 PM   #46
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Default Unit wades through the BS

1. The new V6 Mustang, with a stick is pretty quick for a stock car. I don't really understand why that's being debated here. As far as modding it, yeah, you can make it WAY fast. Ever here of a 3.8L GM build Grand National? Yeah, all those modded ones are slow as **** aren't they? Course, they only weigh 500lbs more than a new V6. Anything can be made fast. If you want to make something fast, starting with the 4.6L is a good idea, but the 3.8L CAN be made fast too.
  2. Anybody who thinks it's not possible for a stock Fox 5.0 to run a 13, refer to dozens of topics in Windsor Power over the last couple years proving they can. With probably 50 responders anyway. The Fox 5.0 weighs 200lbs less than a new GT, has a far superior powerband, and has been known on occation to dyno more like 230hp. Especially fast are the SD cars.

My sorry *** state of tune fox with 10* timing running hot ran a 14.19 spinning all to hell. I have worse gearing than factory. I do have exhaust though.
  3. Comparing the box stock off the floor new GT to the Cobra is stupid. The powerbands are completely different. Gears absolutely KILL a new Cobra. Plus the Cobra weighs in a hefty 250lbs more than a GT. The new GT is dynoing like it has 260-270hp, the new Cobra dynos like it has 340hp. The new GT will struggle to get a 13.7, although it may be possible for it to be done. Little mods help the GT pick up a couple tenths, such as removing the headlight to get a ram air effect like Lizard King. The Cobra will run 12's with gears and nothing more. Take a look at trap speed, which is a more accurate way of comparing the two. 100mph for the GT, 105mph for the Cobra, and the Cobra weighs more. There's your hp. The problem is down low, off the line, and the initial acceleration until it hit's the powerband. Actually, there are stock engined Cobra's in the 11's. Try doing that with a GT.
  4. I've seen two people carrying out a slugfest here, and neither one knows anything about what they are talking about. It's been impressive.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 07:50 PM   #47
SprchrgdPony
Registered Member

Default Re: Got smoked by a 2000 Eclipse

Quote:
Originally posted by silverv6
18"spoked rims with lowprofile tires
Please tell me you dont have 18" *Daytons*
¤ 88 GT - "Project Grey Trash" & Looking For NOS!
¤ 69 Cougar - Its Primer.. Cams Hard.. And Loud..need i say more?

-In the S.Fla Area (Miami, Broward, Palm Beach) and wanna join a Mustang club? E-mail me @ CaLLnMeJeSuS@aol.com and Let me know!

¤ TCH Racing !!!
SprchrgdPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 11:31 PM   #48
gsxkilla
Registered Member

ok man i dont know why my car is as fast as it is im not dreaming it isnt normal now i was suprised when it ran it!! now the only thing it has is that they took the heater out the person that had it before me (god knows why??) so it sucks to drive when its real cold but anyways i know what would give a lil more hp...now if u dont believe me i really dont care if u want to come down to missouri and want to take it to the track i will even let u drive it ok??
ryan
Old 03-11-2002, 12:20 PM   #49
Rocket 99GT
Registered Member

"StoplightWarrior" posted 12.3@111 GT

Please excuse my stupidity but how are you able to achieve 12.3 @111 in a 2000gt.

Do you have some type of air induction system? what is "Tornado Air Management System" is that what is getting you so much power?

I have a 99GT and with all my mods I am just able to get to 13.687.

.................................................. ...............................................

Mustang 99GT
Under drive pulleys, subframes, 3.73, sport Lowering springs, strut tower brace, caster/camber plates, rear sway bar, tokiko illumina adjustable shocks/struts, upper&lower rear control arms, timing adjuster, 245x17 Michelin pilot, high performance brake pads,k&n filter (no silencer, no spare tire).
Rocket 99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 01:34 PM   #50
SixShooter00
Registered Member

Post 13.67's

Maybe your only running 13.6's because most of your mods are suspension ones. you need somewhere between 370 to 400 hp ina full weight gt to run 12s

if i had a gt id start off with 4.10 gears, a cold airintake, pulleys, a computer chip, 70mm thb.

just my opinion
Old 03-11-2002, 02:38 PM   #51
Back Seat Driver
Registered Member

ok ok ok . QUIT RAGGIN ON SILVERV6! In ONE of the mustang magazines i saw a V6 with 350 hp! all of you dissing the V6 Stangs GET A LIFE-----> gsxkilla <------ I read that SilverV6 was going to trade in his car. or buy a new one. Maybe he didnt have the money at the time to buy the GT.

NIK
Old 03-11-2002, 03:04 PM   #52
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Rocket 99GT
"StoplightWarrior" posted 12.3@111 GT

Please excuse my stupidity but how are you able to achieve 12.3 @111 in a 2000gt.

Do you have some type of air induction system? what is "Tornado Air Management System" is that what is getting you so much power?

I have a 99GT and with all my mods I am just able to get to 13.687.

.................................................. ...............................................

Mustang 99GT
Under drive pulleys, subframes, 3.73, sport Lowering springs, strut tower brace, caster/camber plates, rear sway bar, tokiko illumina adjustable shocks/struts, upper&lower rear control arms, timing adjuster, 245x17 Michelin pilot, high performance brake pads,k&n filter (no silencer, no spare tire).
I believe Stoplights sig is a joke. He changed it a couple weeks ago. I can't remember what he runs, it's not in the 12's. I know his sig is a joke. If you want to see what he has really done go here:

StoplightWarrior's Car

Stoplight, feel free to correct me here man

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 04:14 PM   #53
1969Mach1
HEY I CAN SET A NAME NOW!

If your putting down the V6's what do you think of the 4cly. stangs? A car is a car regardless the power it has, I respect anyone that has there own ride and can honestly say I worked hard to earn it. I have just as much as respect for someone with a v6 mustang as a v8. Not everyone can afford to buy a GT like listed. You should be happy that he bought a V6 Mustang appose to going to buy a Civic straped on a big fart pipe and bad mouthing stangs like most ricers. I got a 351 in my car so should I rag on you cause you have a 302? Engine size, car type, engine mods. It doesn't matter, it's how you appreciate your car and treat it and respect others that drive there own vehicle.

1979 Mustang Indianapolis 500 Pace Car **For Sale - Email me for Info**
302-2V, 3-Speed Auto
One of 2,106 made
One of 405 sent to Canada.
Yes those are caution lights, and No you can't pass me when there on.

Ricer Hater's Club - Member #4
1969Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 09:48 AM   #54
Rocket 99GT
Registered Member

"95mustanggt" thanks for the reply, I guess "StoplightWarrior" has one of those "GHOST" cars that we see sometimes in these forums

"SixShooter00" you do have a point here, most people start their upgrades with the engine, I see them a lot @ the track slipping their tires all over the place, my suspension allows my tires to stick to the ground (better take-off) compare to the stock stangs.

I am finally done with my suspension and now I will concentrate in getting a X-pipe and a cat-back system, my car will be paid in one year and my boss (the wife) already approved for me to buy a turbo...man I can wait

Rocket 99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2002, 10:14 AM   #55
gsxkilla
Registered Member

ok im not saying i dont respect people that have v-6 mustangs i just get mad when i drive around town and i get 15 v-6 mustangs trying to race me when im just driving 10 miles there like ***holes everyones got one
ryan
Old 03-12-2002, 12:19 PM   #56
SixShooter00
Registered Member

Default TURBO Rocket99gt

Rocket99gt what kind of turbo kit are you going to get?
And have you decided what stage?

laterz
Old 03-12-2002, 12:27 PM   #57
gsxkilla
Registered Member

v-6 mustangs make me nut in my pants!!
ryan
Old 03-12-2002, 12:36 PM   #58
SixShooter00
Registered Member

Default Thats the spirit

I new you didnt mean all those bad things you were saying about v6s gxkilla, just keep it in your pants.

jk
Old 03-12-2002, 01:20 PM   #59
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gsxkilla
....i just get mad when i drive around town and i get 15 v-6 mustangs ...
ryan, don't get too pissed at those V6 mustangs, they are the ones that keep our production number high and keep the money rolling in at Team Mustang. That ensures we don't get the axe like the Camero and Firebird!

I ignore most V6 mustangs when they get all hot and want to race me, but I do race them 'cause it's more of a challenge than a civic or integra and hey alot of the guys that I know who converted from V6 to V8 "got tired of losing to V8's" so they changed.

I just hope I don't come accross any guys like SixShooter00

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 03:33 AM   #60
silverv6
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gsxkilla
all im trying to say is that on this site we have so many people making fun of ricers driving around when we have the same people driving slow v-6's now i understand if his parents bought him that or whatever im not saying i wouldnt drive one im just saying that i wouldnt talk bout racing one!!! oh hey guys my mom has a 99 zx2 anyone up for kicking my *** and if u want the slip to prove that i ran a 13.8 i will scan it for ya! now pick up a version of the september 2001 edition of muscle mustangs and fast fords and u will see that there best time with the 2001 cobra was at 13.3 with perfect conditions! now considering that the new cobras had 320 horse and gt's only have 260 then u do the map dont call me a dumb *** ur the one that doesnt know ET times from its *** oh yea i just wanted to curse one more time i ****** ur mom last night
ryan

First of all man My parents dint buy me the car I did I also gave the down payment at that time a v6 was the most I could aford I bougt it 6 months after I graduated.

Im also thinkin that by the end of this year Ill trade it in for a 2000-2001 5speed GT

Its been a while I havent been in here but woooow im amazed how many people replied to my post and guys dont get mad at each other I just posted My story that I got beaten by a guy that had a turbo on his Eclipse and now every body is pissed at each other

Laterz

Every body wish me luck so by the end of the year I can get my 5speed GT

Any wayz im not putting any more money on my v6 im gona save so I can put it on my new stang
silverv6 is offline   Reply With Quote