MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   got smoked (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=31273)

50dude50 11-16-2002 07:30 PM

got smoked

today i was out cruzin looking for a race when what looked like a black monte carlo pulled up next to mah 5.0 gt. he kept inching up twards the line so i knew he wanted to race, i threw a few revs and he did the same. when the light turned green we were off! i had about 3 cars on him by the time we hit 45 then i hear a high pitch whisleing sound, instantly i thaught he had blown or broke something. just about the time i got that thaught out of mah head he passed me, that thing sounded like a damned jet with his afterbuners on. i shut down at around 70 but by the time i had gotten that fast he was a good 10 to 15 cars in front of me. at the next light i caught up to him and he gave me a thumbs up and told me that he was only messing with me at first and that he really dint mean to run. when the light turned green he took off and i noticed a badge on his trunk that sed gran national. does any one know what that car was? i searched it on the net but i could not find any info on the car, is a special edition monte or something?

this is mah 5.0 gt http://members.aol.com/OESjahlua/50gt.html

lyonsd 11-16-2002 08:09 PM

Re: got smoked

Quote:

Originally posted by 50dude50
SNIP
You've stepped over the line.

50dude50 11-16-2002 08:25 PM

huh? :confused:

BowTie Eater 5 Liter 11-16-2002 10:08 PM

the grand national was a really cool buick v6 turbocharged car.
they are one of my favorite cars, and they are really quick. the slowest ive ever seen was in the 12's, and ive seen them go low 10's.

they were only made in black(as far as ive herd), and there was a special GNX grand national, but they stopped making it because it was beating the corvettes.

they are really cool cars, and if i had to buy any car from General Motors, i would want the GNX.

Dark_5.0 11-16-2002 10:09 PM

Dont feel bad Grand Nationals are pretty damn quick, They have a turbo charged V6 and run a high 13 stock.

Later,

slow98 11-17-2002 04:38 AM

troll!!!!!!

this guy is a troll i call bullsh1t right now....i bet hes one of 20lbsofboostes friends from the gn website or him himself....look at his register date......b fukin s

USMC302 11-17-2002 08:17 AM

Where are you from 50dude50? I have a buddy in Cali with a GN turbocharged, he run 22lbs of boost, says it when it kicks in it really kicks in. But it's not much off the line he says. Anyway, maybe next time.

20LbsBoost 11-17-2002 08:38 PM

Re: troll!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally posted by slow98
this guy is a troll i call bullsh1t right now....i bet hes one of 20lbsofboostes friends from the gn website or him himself....look at his register date......b fukin s
Wrong call Dick Tracy and I don't appreciate the accusation. :mad: You need to go back to detective school. It's not me and I don't know that guy from Adam.

blue oval 50h 11-17-2002 08:47 PM

The thread starter is some stupid fuking retart from turbobuick.com. He is doing this on every website to see what everyone says. Im guessing its you EQUILIZER442?? LOSER! YOU DUMB *****

SleeperGT 11-17-2002 09:30 PM

Settle Down Everyone...

Come on guys, this is way too funny! Nobody get their undies in a bundle. It's particularly funny because slow98 busted him! Great catch!:D

this is not cbring 11-17-2002 09:39 PM

LOL........

yeah, i, uhh.................

got smoked in my 5.0 in some sort of volkswagen hatchback that made a funny noise, sounded like a dentist's tool or something and made a funny psssssh noises when it shifted, must be a vacuum leak or something.......

then, while driving my 5.0.........i got tooled by some beat up black first gen monte with a lopey idle *shrugs*

LOL.......good call, slow98

slow98 11-17-2002 10:59 PM

Re: Re: troll!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally posted by 20LbsBoost
Wrong call Dick Tracy and I don't appreciate the accusation. :mad: Get a life and go back to detective school. It's not me and I don't know that guy from Adam.
__________________________________________________ __

sorry if i wrongly accused you but i mean really, you've been on here posting all your stories about how fast ur gn and tta are then this guy pops up boasting stories about how he got smoked by one.....my bad if im wrong but it seems kinda obvious...:rolleyes:

NotchJohnson 11-17-2002 11:00 PM

He gave himself away when he showed the link to "his" car.

slow98 11-17-2002 11:01 PM

Re: Re: troll!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally posted by 20LbsBoost
Wrong call Dick Tracy and I don't appreciate the accusation. :mad: Get a life and go back to detective school. It's not me and I don't know that guy from Adam.

and oh yeah...... who is adam?

20LbsBoost 11-17-2002 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by slow98
sorry if i wrongly accused you but i mean really, you've been on here posting all your stories about how fast ur gn and tta are then this guy pops up boasting stories about how he got smoked by one.....my bad if im wrong but it seems kinda obvious...:rolleyes:
Accepted. I agree it may have seemed fishy due to the timing.

I've posted some wins, and some losses in my TTA but this is the place for that and I've tried to stay on topic since I know I'm on Mustang territory. I recall one of my posts outlining getting a serious spanking by an '88 Mustang (quietly supercharged by the way) with his wife and child in the car. Even though I lost it was very fun. I've always acknowledged one should never think their ride is "the" ride. You'll get your bubble popped right quick.

I grew up in the hey-day of the Mustang vs. Grand National rivalry with my 1st GN. It seemed every stoplight I hit was another Mustang revving it's engine wanting to go. It was neverending but a helluva time.

Peace,

1969Mach1 11-18-2002 12:39 PM

Either way if this thread is true or not Grand Nationals are sweet *** cars. I kick myself for not buying one last spring for $9000 Canadian. The car has like 40,000KMS!! The thing was absolutely mint. :D But I'm hoping to buy one this spring. I wish they still built them. And GNX's are so hard to find, well atleast up here. I've yet to see a real one, let alone for sale.
I like them mainly because no ricer knows what they are. You could pull up to most unknowledged people and say I'll race you and they'll think it's some POS.

§am.

SleeperGT 11-18-2002 08:56 PM

Slow98 - You shouldn't have posted your "Adam" question with your screen name, way too funny.

slow98 11-18-2002 09:20 PM

:D