MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-27-2003, 11:20 AM   #1
VeNuM
Registered Member

Default Grand National

So I'm coming home the other night, all the sudden a GN comes flying up behind me, rides my ***. So I drop to second and take off, take it up to 70, then lift and brake hard because the speed limit is only 40. He flys past me and turns right, I follow, I get up along side with him and run even with him and the headlights in my mirror don't disappear (It's 10 at night). I know something is up, so at the next side street, I turn left, he turns right, cop turns right and flips his lights on. That scared the hell outta me. Besides that. The GN must have been stock because I thought he was going to eat me up and spit me out. Turns out I ran door to door with him. Anybody know what these things run bone stock? I know they run killer times with a few mods. ~Brian

Coming not so soon: 408w

Ricer Hater's Club Member #59
VeNuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 04:41 PM   #2
JaxTheDJ
Registered Member

I have raced quite a few at the track,they run stupid fast...only GM car that actually impresses me.
1989 Mustang LX: Converted to Carb.650 AED Holley DP,Weiand Stealth Intake,Edelbrock Performer RPM Aluminum Heads,Hooker Super Comps, Ground Pounder Uppers and Lowers,Moroso Drag Springs,NEW COMP Xtreme Energy Cam and 1.6 RR. ,a few other goodies.*** New 1/4 times-12.50
1987 SC GT ( fast as hell)
2001 Powerstroke Tow Vehicle 1989 Coupe.

Sometimes when you cry,no one sees your tears..........
Sometimes when you are happy,no one sees your smile.........
But,FART just ONE time..........
JaxTheDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2003, 08:42 PM   #3
20LbsBoost

Completely stock factory original and with the crappy original Goodyear Eagle GT's they run low 14's. As already stated, a few mods will get'em moving quick. For around $500 you can be high 12's low 13's.

Thing is with these cars you can't tell an 11 second Grand National from a 14 second one.
Old 05-04-2003, 08:51 PM   #4
aford50lx
Registered Member

Those GNs are pretty nasty,we have a shoot out at our local drag strip and ive seen those cars just fly.JEEZE, 3.8 v six hard to belive but they are super fast and very easy to make faster.Ive had it out with a couple,but ive always been the VICTOR!!!!They give you a good fight,like a big fish,but in the end the ANGELER always wins!!!!
Old 05-04-2003, 09:54 PM   #5
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Quote:
Originally posted by aford50lx
Ive had it out with a couple,but ive always been the VICTOR!!!!
Well no kidding. With 650 rwhp, there isn't alot on the road that could take you. I have engine envy

Dan

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 12:39 PM   #6
aford50lx
Registered Member

Sorry,stang crazy....didnt mean to give you engine envy,belive me i didnt get to this point easy.Isaved alot of money,went thru a NASTY divorse,and put a whole lot of time and effort into what i now call my baby,outside of my current girlfriend,shes the ONLY female i trust....even though shes got big balls!!!!!also i went thru two engines,and what i have now is a direct result of those two engines! I dont have a camera that i can d-load pics,but i gettin one soon and im gonna post some pics of my baby!!!!
Old 05-05-2003, 03:31 PM   #7
Shaun Barcelow
Registered Member

I drove an '87 GN when I was 17. It was my dad's company car. At 17, I had no business driving that car. I punched it one day at about 45 on a wet road and put it sideways as soon as the turbo spooled up. Scared the crap out of me! I'd still love to own one, at least for a while.
Old 05-05-2003, 06:12 PM   #8
20LbsBoost

A similar incident happened with my 1st GN and my brother. Five of us went to a bar on a hot night. My older brother was elected to drive us away since he had the least to drink and while we were inside it began to rain. I warned my brother about being in the gas in a turn and it hits 2nd gear, even with 5 guys in the car. Well, he took the warn with a grain of salt and before we knew it we were facing the direction we just left. Luckily traffic was light and we were on our way, no harm no foul.
Old 05-05-2003, 07:58 PM   #9
Shaun Barcelow
Registered Member

I think the Grand National defined the term "oversteer".
Old 05-05-2003, 08:25 PM   #10
20LbsBoost

It definitely redefined "brick on wheels".

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: