MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Grand National (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=35922)

VeNuM 04-27-2003 11:20 AM

Grand National

So I'm coming home the other night, all the sudden a GN comes flying up behind me, rides my ***. So I drop to second and take off, take it up to 70, then lift and brake hard because the speed limit is only 40. He flys past me and turns right, I follow, I get up along side with him and run even with him and the headlights in my mirror don't disappear (It's 10 at night). I know something is up, so at the next side street, I turn left, he turns right, cop turns right and flips his lights on. That scared the hell outta me. Besides that. The GN must have been stock because I thought he was going to eat me up and spit me out. Turns out I ran door to door with him. Anybody know what these things run bone stock? I know they run killer times with a few mods. ~Brian

JaxTheDJ 04-27-2003 04:41 PM

I have raced quite a few at the track,they run stupid fast...only GM car that actually impresses me.

20LbsBoost 05-04-2003 08:42 PM

Completely stock factory original and with the crappy original Goodyear Eagle GT's they run low 14's. As already stated, a few mods will get'em moving quick. For around $500 you can be high 12's low 13's.

Thing is with these cars you can't tell an 11 second Grand National from a 14 second one.

aford50lx 05-04-2003 08:51 PM

Those GNs are pretty nasty,we have a shoot out at our local drag strip and ive seen those cars just fly.JEEZE, 3.8 v six hard to belive but they are super fast and very easy to make faster.Ive had it out with a couple,but ive always been the VICTOR!!!!They give you a good fight,like a big fish,but in the end the ANGELER always wins!!!!

Stang_Crazy 05-04-2003 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by aford50lx
Ive had it out with a couple,but ive always been the VICTOR!!!!
Well no kidding. With 650 rwhp, there isn't alot on the road that could take you. I have engine envy :D

Dan

aford50lx 05-05-2003 12:39 PM

Sorry,stang crazy....didnt mean to give you engine envy,belive me i didnt get to this point easy.Isaved alot of money,went thru a NASTY divorse,and put a whole lot of time and effort into what i now call my baby,outside of my current girlfriend,shes the ONLY female i trust....even though shes got big balls!!!!!also i went thru two engines,and what i have now is a direct result of those two engines! I dont have a camera that i can d-load pics,but i gettin one soon and im gonna post some pics of my baby!!!!

Shaun Barcelow 05-05-2003 03:31 PM

I drove an '87 GN when I was 17. It was my dad's company car. At 17, I had no business driving that car. I punched it one day at about 45 on a wet road and put it sideways as soon as the turbo spooled up. Scared the crap out of me! I'd still love to own one, at least for a while.

20LbsBoost 05-05-2003 06:12 PM

A similar incident happened with my 1st GN and my brother. Five of us went to a bar on a hot night. My older brother was elected to drive us away since he had the least to drink and while we were inside it began to rain. I warned my brother about being in the gas in a turn and it hits 2nd gear, even with 5 guys in the car. Well, he took the warn with a grain of salt and before we knew it we were facing the direction we just left. Luckily traffic was light and we were on our way, no harm no foul.

Shaun Barcelow 05-05-2003 07:58 PM

I think the Grand National defined the term "oversteer".

20LbsBoost 05-05-2003 08:25 PM

It definitely redefined "brick on wheels".