MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-11-2001, 09:55 PM   #1
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Smile GSX what?

Today I was out and about, like usual. I wasn't in a hurry to go anywhere, so I was obeying the speed limit.....sort of.

Anyway, this guy behind me in this early 90's Eclipse GSX thought I should have been going faster, so when the road turned to four lanes, he started to go around me. As he got to my door, he paused and jumped at me a couple of times. After I gathered myself and stopped laughing, I got a little pissed. I don't do that to people and I sortof expect most people to not do it to me.

Well, the road went back to two lanes and I was forced to stay behind the guy, and he kept jumping on it and barking the tires at me. Several miles and twice as much cussing later, the road split back to four lanes, and we were lined up at a stop light. I looked over at him and he gave me this look that just flipped my switch. He threw a rev, and I nodded. The light turned and I waited for him to go, make him think he had something. He got to the center of the intersection, and I laid into it. I passed him before he even got to the other side of the intersection. I wasn't even in second gear good. Poor b**tard.

Anyway, at the next light, he must have messed up his radio, 'cause he didn't look up much. I looked over at him, threw a rev, and as he looked I just gave him a one finger salute. He chuckled and that was that.

Thought someone might like to read that. Later.

------------------
"Is that a Cobra?"
"Yeah"
"It's a V6, right?"
"Yeah"
bigwhitecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2001, 01:10 AM   #2
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Good story, but I never flip off a fellow racer.

Skyler

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406-
TFS TW Heads, E-303, Edelbrock intake, 70mm TB, 73mm MAF, 24lb injectors, 1 5/8 shorties, Off Road H, 3 Chamber flows, Jaz Race seats, Back seat removed, sub-frames, Roll Cage, and a 80 shot of N20.
12.54@107.4 Motor
332RWHP, 350rwtq
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2001, 01:35 AM   #3
fastboy7
Registered Member

I liked the story. I think I have that one beat.It was just another friday night of street racing,so I thought.It was me and a brand new F-150 Lightning about to get it on. We were at the local hang out at the time when I noticed alout of imports parking all around me.The guy in the Lightning said they were his friends and they wanted to watch.So we went on our way to the local street race spot and pulled off the road to clear some things up. When I finally noticed ther was about 30 imports with us.While we were talking about things they started racing.I bet I had to wait a good 20 minutes before I even got to race. After I out ran the truck a supercharged stang wanted to run. As soon as we lined up the cops were all over us.60 of us were caught that night because of the damn imports.And NONE of them were fast.

'92coupe 306,nos powered
fastboy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2001, 09:11 AM   #4
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Hey Sky, it wasn't in anger. We both had a little chuckle about it. I would have stopped and talked to him, but I had other things to do. I guess he was just wanting to see the Cobra run. I dunno.

Anyway, I wouldn't knowingly have saluted him if I knew he would have taken serious offence to it.
Old 10-15-2001, 10:45 PM   #5
91LX2Bfast
Registered Member

I am surprised he didn't throw and AWD launch in your face at the stop light and make you catch him. Maybe his clutch wasn't up to the beating. Anyway, good kill, especially when he was the one egging you on.
But I saw 3 very stock looking GSX's at the track Sat and all were running low-mid 12's. If they would've taken off thier club graphics, you would've mistaken them for stock eclipse's w/ just a cat-back.

------------------
1997 Thunderbird 4.6L: Dynomax cat-back, MN-12 perf. offroad downtubes and Y-pipe w/ Magnaflow resonator, 80mm MAF with cone filter, B&M trans cooler, Inject-Tech chip, MAC U/D pulleys, KVR front brake upgrade. 15.2 @ 91 before exhaust & pulleys. Not bad for a 3800lb auto 4.6L

No Longer own: 91 LX 5.0L 5 spd
91LX2Bfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 11:51 PM   #6
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Like I said, it was a early 90's Eclipse.

I let him take off from the light ahead of me, to make him think he got me, but, like I said, before he got to the other side of the intersection I was already passed him.

Oh well, maybe next time.