MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 06-22-2001, 01:11 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Post GT and LS-1 get into Tangle. GT WINS!!

Tonight on the way home from work I see a Z28 upahead. He takes a turn kinda fast, I thought he might of saw me and wanted to play. I speed up and take the curve faster and exit on the throttle.

I gain on him and he lets off. At the first light we got to, I couldnt pull up beside him. THe light turns green and we take it easy across the bumps (same place I raced the 2000 GT convertible at, the one that some say I lost, some say I won)

I keep it in second gear and when we get over the ruts and railroad tracks we both nail it. I thought he had it in second gear, I only heard him shift once while going over the tracks. But when I heard him nail it right before I did, I was surprised to gain on him. I shot over, just edging on him until he shifted into what I think was third. He lost about 3 feet in the shift, I held second until 5800 and got right into third gear (thank you Steeda Tri-Ax ). I didnt much ground if any. He let off when I was about to hit 90. We were in a 45 Zone.

I pull infront of him and we both slow down to the speed limit. about 2 miles down the road at the next light, he pulls up along side of me and we both start gearing down. It was pretty cool. We both looked at each other and nodded our heads smiling like hell.

When we were both in Second, I was deaccerlerating, at about 15-20 MPH when the light changed. I got on the gas just a hair of a second before he did.

The same thing. I was slowly edging away. By the time we hit 80 his nose was about were my rear wheel is. This was in a 35 zone. We catch the next light and he asks if my exhaust is factory. I tell him Hell no. I told him what mods I had. Just simple bolt ons. I asked what year his Z28 was, he said a 99. I told him he had a nice ride, and he told me the same. He joked about hunting down Imports tommorrow, or Saturday night.

Then there was an uneasy quiteness as we both waited for the light to turn green, tension hung in the air pretty good, both our egos were on the line.

The light turned and we took off, I'm surprised I raced in such a cop infested area. I had another jump on him when the light turned. His Z's nose was right beside me until he shifted, he fell back about 2 feet or more with every shift. I let off this time at 70, I had a clear win for the third time.

He was pretty cool. He pulled up next to me while i was going 55 (in a 50 MPH zone, not speeding that much ) and yelled over "Great Race Man, take it easy" Then he punched it. I didnt chase. I had pushed my luck enough for the night.

Cant wait for Saturday. Vrooooommmmmm

------------------
64 1/2 "D" code Red Mustang Coupe. 289, C4, Mallory duel point. Ported & Polished 65 heads shaved .01 with 351 valves, 11:1 comp, 1.7:1 rockers, blue wolverine lumpy cam, modified 4100 Hipo 4 barrel. GT Apperance pkg. And to many others to list
2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. BBK Underdrive pulleys, Flotech off-road H pipe. Hurst T-Handle, 40 series Flowmasters, Steeda Tri-Ax
64 1/2 red 6cyl coupe.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 01:33 PM   #2
bada$$lx

Cool

Nice runs! Most chevy owners are cool (not quite as cool as us......but close ). I can't seem to say the same about ricer owners. I hang/ride w/ 2 chevy guys ('89 GTA and '87 Monte SS - both worked 350's and super fast).

------------------
'90 LX 5.0; 12K original miles (no sh*&); 3.55 gears; pulleys;Edelbrock Performer Heads; BBK shorties; MSD 6AL box w/ blaster 2 coil; Motorsport E303 cam; Pro-M 75mm MAF; BBK 70mm TB; Eibach spring kit; Southside welded subs; K&N cone filter charger; Hurst shifter; fiberglass turbo hood; A/C-less; rear seat-less; cat-less; 2 chamber Flos; Corbeau racing seats (fronts);
30# injectors; JMS Chip; 190 lb fp; TFS track heat Intake (12.299 @ 113)
Old 06-22-2001, 04:21 PM   #3
EZRIDN
Registered Member

Great Story man!

------------------
'86 GT.
Gears & Flows

'87 GT.
Stock
EZRIDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2001, 08:33 PM   #4
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Good Stuff! Amazed you hung with him that well. You must be one hell of a driver!

------------------
Black 2000 GT
Pulleys, mufflers, K&N
Steeda springs, subs, strut tower, CC plates
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 12:00 AM   #5
venumus93
Registered Member

Great story, man! I have a few GM friends too & they are cool...we all cant wait to waste some ricers on Sat!
venumus93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 01:05 AM   #6
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

I wouldnt say I'm a great driver, just willing to take on a challenge thats all. I'm not afraid to take on the big bad LS-1, my friends used to think I was a fool for trying to pick races with LS-1's till they saw me beat one.

I must admit though, my stomach does get a little nervous when ever I pull up next to one.

If I'm not on top of my game, I'll get eatin up. There not forgiving cars to race against, you cant even think about a slow shift, missing a gear and trying to catch up.

Dont spin going into second, and third, dont shift before 5800, and dont be slack on the shifts and you'd be surprised how you'll do against them. I've only been driving a stick since september, my third race was against a FireBird, unsure of LT-1 or LS-1, but what ever it was, I ate him up in my car, then Tim C ate him up with his.

Question, when you all say Nice story, does that mean you all think I fabricate this stuff? I pretty much tell the truth straight up.

------------------
64 1/2 "D" code Red Mustang Coupe. 289, C4, Mallory duel point. Ported & Polished 65 heads shaved .01 with 351 valves, 11:1 comp, 1.7:1 rockers, blue wolverine lumpy cam, modified 4100 Hipo 4 barrel. GT Apperance pkg. And to many others to list
2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. BBK Underdrive pulleys, Flotech off-road H pipe. Hurst T-Handle, 40 series Flowmasters, Steeda Tri-Ax
64 1/2 red 6cyl coupe.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2001, 04:05 AM   #7
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

When i say "nice story" that is because the post is long and unfolds just like a story(piece of literature). I thing those are the best posts, you know, the ones that draw you in and get your adrenalin pumping just by reading them. Nice Kills!! Keep up the good work!

Light Em Up!!

------------------
My 87 GT....Marbles
AIM: Marbles87Fox
Light Em Up!!!
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2001, 04:13 AM   #8
84stangLX

awesome kill man!
I had friends that loved chevy's but they weren't cool and made fun of fords. Funny how the only argument they could come up with why fords sucked was the Pinto, which i brought up only 27 ever blew up compared to the hundreds of saddle bag gas tanked chevy trucks....but whatever, i'm rambling....time to go to bed..... I wish i could kill newer Z28's. Someday...heh heh heh.

------------------
'84 Mustang 5.0 LX
My car
Old 06-26-2001, 12:49 PM   #9
justjoe
Registered Member

I have a good friend who owns an '83 camaro predator that he bought w/out an engine for $100.The body is real messed up too.He put a 289 in it.He know's he couldn't touch my '95 cobra with a k&n filter but his dad owns an '89? Iroc-z with a full racing engine and carburator so we have respect for each other.He'll make cracks about fords every now and then but he has respect for my Cobra though so he's pretty cool.
justjoe is offline   Reply With Quote