MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-15-2001, 02:01 PM   #1
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Post A guy with a "big" mouth finaly runs his car at the track and ran a 15.50!!!

This guy with a 96 mustang GT 5 speed is always hangin around the track talking about how damn fast his car is. Well he finaly got the balls to run it and ran a 15.5.

What makes it so funny is that he had just got a chip and was saying how it felt so much faster and it should run a 13.5 or so I said no way a stock 96 stang with a chip will even hit 14's much less a 13.5.

He was pissed and REALLY embarrassed.

Made my day He says it was cause of the air here in odessa he said in lubbock he ran a 14.1

------------------
88 mustang gt convertible bored to 306 BBk equal length headers, mac cold air fender kit, 3.73 FMS gears, Steeds Tri-ax shifter, Steeda underdrive pullies, Custom off road X-pipe, 2 chamber flow masters, cowl hood, nitto drag radials, ford racing clutch, 160* thermostat 16 degrees of timing electric fan off 94' t-bird jacobs electronics cap and wires. Edelbrock 1 1/2 inch drop springs. (Best E.T. 14.79@93mph @3000ft)
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 02:26 PM   #2
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Wink

hey 50 ho did you import that air into oddessa just for him ? or what. hee hee jk there's a guy where i work who has talking sh-t for a year now i asked him today when their next rod run was , he said this coming weekend , i winked & said hum i'll see ya there , his reply uh i gotta work on my house this weekend haha so much for that b.a. nova he's been modding for almost a year, ismoked him with my old car 69 grande 2v. see ya

------------------

[This message has been edited by crazy horse gt (edited 10-15-2001).]
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 03:50 PM   #3
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Anyone with a near-stock 96-98 GT should NOT be shooting off their mouths. I should know, the tire marks from losses are STILL evident in my yellow paint from when the Yellowjacket wasn't so fast...

------------------
Adam "Hammer" Packett:
Moderator, Gulf War Veteran
GO GET 'EM BOYS!
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 04:21 PM   #4
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Talking

That is too funny.

I have a good reality check so I'm lucky. I just have to ride in Yellowjacket and when I get back in my car I think it's waaayyyy too slow.

But hey that is what goals are for, right .

------------------
1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 05:53 PM   #5
91LX2Bfast
Registered Member

That is pretty bad. In my heavy a$$, auto Tbird, I went 15.2 w/ just a custom chip and 80mm MAF from a Lightning (and the obligatory K&N or course.) I am getting back to the track soon and should brush 14's w/ my latest mods. People like that give a bad name to the Blue Oval.

------------------
1997 Thunderbird 4.6L: Dynomax cat-back, MN-12 perf. offroad downtubes and Y-pipe w/ Magnaflow resonator, 80mm MAF with cone filter, B&M trans cooler, Inject-Tech chip, MAC U/D pulleys, KVR front brake upgrade. 15.2 @ 91 before exhaust & pulleys. Not bad for a 3800lb auto 4.6L

No Longer own: 91 LX 5.0L 5 spd
91LX2Bfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 10:00 PM   #6
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

5.0 HO,

One's thing's for sure, he never ran in Lubbock...no track. Well, maybe if he considers Idalou to be Lubbock.

Anyway, I've got some colleagues down in Odessa at TTU Health Sciences Center in the Physical Therapy program. I'm up in Amarillo, but I'll let you know if I'm ever down that way.

--nathan

------------------
--silver_pilate

'91 GT, Built 306, Wolverine 1087 cam, ported Windsor Jr. Irons, and all the goodies...click the link to the left to see a full list of my mods...

Tried and True 302 Being Built to Outrun You! heh heh heh...
--Texas Panhandle--
Check out my site
silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 02:09 PM   #7
46stang
Registered Member

what a bone head! he would be luckily to run a 14.9 at sea level with the chip mod! probably more like 15.2. I know, been there done that! sounds like he's been hanging around the rice crowd i bet he'll be doing some mods before he runs at the track again

------------------
96 stang,ported 99 heads, 01 bullit intake, 99 cams,Steeda power pullies,Steeda timing adj.,Kirban adj.reg.,Pro-m 87,24#inj.,Twin 57mm t/b,BBK longtube headers,Bassani x-pipe w/cats, Dynomax ultraflow catback,home depot ram air, k@n,
373's,cobra brakes,fms spings, lakewood 90/10's and 50/50's tri-ax shifter.
271.3rwhp
302.3rwtq
best et 13.80

46stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 06:10 PM   #8
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by silver_pilate:
5.0 HO,

One's thing's for sure, he never ran in Lubbock...no track. Well, maybe if he considers Idalou to be Lubbock.

Anyway, I've got some colleagues down in Odessa at TTU Health Sciences Center in the Physical Therapy program. I'm up in Amarillo, but I'll let you know if I'm ever down that way.

--nathan

Cool....I have been to amarillo a couple of times. I am really giving him hell about his pathetic times. What makes it so funny is how he would say man you would run low 14's if you didnt have this heavy *** vert.

What track do you race at????

Old 10-16-2001, 06:14 PM   #9
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 46stang:
what a bone head! he would be luckily to run a 14.9 at sea level with the chip mod! probably more like 15.2. I know, been there done that! sounds like he's been hanging around the rice crowd i bet he'll be doing some mods before he runs at the track again

I am sorry to say that the biggest ricers around here drive stangs. Or maybe posers is a better word.

There are lots of guys with V6 stangs with cobra emblems and dual exhaust around here.

Who knows how many honda civics think they smoked a cobra

Old 10-16-2001, 09:07 PM   #10
silver_pilate
DURKA DURKA!!

5.0 HO,

I've been to the track at Idalou a couple of times and the Amarillo Dragway. I've got some friends running there.

As for my car, I haven't run it at the track just yet. Right now all I'm going off of is G-Tech times (I know, I know...but it gives me a baseline to judge off of). I wanted to get it all together before I hit the strip. I'm putting on the intake and TB to finish it this weekend. That should help a good bit.

Let me know when you're up this way and maybe we can meet up.

maco_man@hotmail.com

Take care and God bless.

--nathan

------------------
'91 GT, Built 306, Wolverine 1087 cam, ported Windsor Jr. Irons, and all the goodies...click the link to the left to see a full list of my mods...

Tried and True 302 Being Built to Outrun You!
--Texas Panhandle--
_
_ l ~--
\ , *_}

silver_pilate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 12:30 PM   #11
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by silver_pilate:
5.0 HO,

I've been to the track at Idalou a couple of times and the Amarillo Dragway. I've got some friends running there.

As for my car, I haven't run it at the track just yet. Right now all I'm going off of is G-Tech times (I know, I know...but it gives me a baseline to judge off of). I wanted to get it all together before I hit the strip. I'm putting on the intake and TB to finish it this weekend. That should help a good bit.

Let me know when you're up this way and maybe we can meet up.

maco_man@hotmail.com

Take care and God bless.

--nathan

Cool... I remember last time I was in Amarillo I found myself at a ford lot drooling over stangs.

Next trip I make I will look you up

Take care.
Old 10-17-2001, 01:10 PM   #12
Ty'97Cobra
Registered Member

Talking

Ahh, you guys should lighten up on that boy. His last car was probably a V-Tec. So naturally when he got the Mustang he thought he could run a 13.5!!!!!!

------------------
1997 Black Cobra Convertible. #2788 of 3088
Mostly Stock - Vortech Anyone?
1988 5.0 LX Convertible -Work Car...Few Mods.
Ty'97Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote