MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-26-2001, 02:47 AM   #1
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Thumbs down Had to b*tch out of a race, & I'm F*cking pissed!

Out cruising with 4 people in my stang, I pass a stock looking/sounding 01 silver GT, I rev at him, and the light turns green, I take off, he doesn't do sh*t. Oh, well, can't hate a guy for not wanting to street race I think, and I go up to the next light and flip a ***** . I straighten out of the U-turn and since I was kind of mad, I just gun it up to 90, and then brake for the next light. Sitting at the light, I look in my rearview and see a cop right on my *ss. The light changes, and the cop stays glued to my butt for the entire length of the road, like a mile, I dont know what he was doing, but I was seriously just waiting for him to put his lights on. My stupid friends were just constantly looking back at the cop, which probably didnt help, but he never pulled me over. I don't know why, cause he must've seen me racing, he HAD to. Finally, the cop just guns it, and flys by me. I was singing the lord's praise, and swore I wouldnt push my luck any further tonight.

I arrive at the next light after dropping my friends off to get their cars. They are right behind me in the fast lane, and guess what is right next to me in the right lane...an LT1 camaro. Two dudes in it rev at me and it sounds completely stock and pathetic. I KNOW I can take them. But the cop just turned off this same road ten minutes ago, and could be hiding anywhere. This is not a good road for racing, being right through town. The light changes, they take off, leaving me, then slow down obviously noticing I'm not trying. They keep messing with me, pulling even with me, then blipping the throttle, but I just waved them on, cause I could not risk it. The passenger threw his hands up in disgust, and probably thought I was scared of their mighty Z. ****** , I am so mad. I rarely get to race someone worthy like that, and never in front of my friends, but I had to pass it up. I know I could have taken them, cause I beat stock LT1's before my X-pipe was even in.

So to sum it up, I am ecstatic that I somehow did not get pulled over for street racing, but I am at the same time mad that I did not get to even street race....

Sorry for the length, but I'm not forcing anyone to read this.

------------------
Black 2000 GT
Bassani X-pipe, Magnaflow Mufflers, Steeda Pulleys, K&N Filter. Steeda Weld in Subframes, Strut Tower brace, Sport Springs, Caster/Camber Plates.

Red 1994 Mustang Cobra #4343
Pulleys, Shorty Headers, K&N filter, short throw shifter.
StoplightWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2001, 09:40 AM   #2
Stefan
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Just imagine that they got pulled over by that same cop later in the evening and you'll feel better. Besides you'll probably meet 'em later anyway and kick some butt.

Brett

------------------
66 Tahoe Turquoise Coupe
Laser Red 96GT Ragtop
30 Years & 30 inches apart in the driveway!
Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2001, 01:06 PM   #3
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Hey StoplightWarrior:

How do the Magnaflow Mufflers sound with the Bassani X??? I was looking at Magnaflow magnapacks with a bassani X-pipe for my 01.

------------------
91 GT AOD: 14.71@91.78mph
SOLD!!
01 GT 5-speed on order:
Build Date: 08/27/01
Delivery: 09/03/01!!!!

Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2001, 01:33 PM   #4
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Stefan: Yeah, I was imagining that, and it made everything better

Stang_Crazy: The mufflers and X sound really good. There is barely any 2k drone, and at idle it sounds sweet. When you put your foot down, it Screams. Definitely a head turning exhaust setup.
Old 08-26-2001, 04:10 PM   #5
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Thumbs up

No, StoplightWarrior, you did well. You used self control. It, separates the veteran racer from the punk kid in his daddy's car. Believe me, I thoroughly know how you feel, but knowing when the time and the place is can save you much grief in the long run.

-----------------------------------------
351W-powered 1979 Ford Mustang notchback
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl, C4 w/ shift kit
Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, Al driveshaft
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup someday)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body

[This message has been edited by Fox Body (edited 08-26-2001).]
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2001, 04:28 PM   #6
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Fox Body:
No, StoplightWarrior, you did well. You used self control. It, separates the veteran racer from the punk kid in his daddy's car. Believe me, I thoroughly know how you feel, but knowing when the time and the place is can save you much grief in the long run.

You are wise, Fox Body. Thank you for the input.

BTW, how did you get my screenname in Bold in your reply?
Old 08-26-2001, 04:35 PM   #7
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by StoplightWarrior:
You are wise, Fox Body. Thank you for the input.

BTW, how did you get my screenname in Bold in your reply?
Heh, heh.

Bold = [8]wise[/8]

..replace the # 8 with the letter b and the word wise with whatever you want bold.

-----------------------------------------
351W-powered 1979 Ford Mustang notchback
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl, C4 w/ shift kit
Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, Al driveshaft
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s
14 x 4” K&N air filter (getting the Xtreme setup someday)

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body

[This message has been edited by Fox Body (edited 08-26-2001).]
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 12:08 PM   #8
topless tire fryer
All show, some go 4 now!

I'm comming home last night on I495 right outside Boston, you can walk from car to car theres so much traffic. Some kid in a civic with a fart pipe and rims throws me a rev, gives me the nod and cuts of 3 cars to get in front of me, the dumb a**. Suicide or racing, you decide.

------------------
'95 Chrome Yellow GT ragtop, KN filter charger, Dynomax cat back, Accel plugs and wires.
topless tire fryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 02:34 PM   #9
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Yeah you didn't ***** out of the race. In my experience if you have a bad/weird feeling don't race. I know someone that got a drag racing ticket, and it BLOWS! Uhh I mean that is what he said. Wink wink. =P Like the other day this 88 vette with a young guy in it is next to me in a 35mph zone, and he wanted to go. So did I, because I haven't hardly got ANY races in my SS other than my friends. But I have to do the speed limit because I'm on probation, and 1 ticket with in the next 5 months, means will fugg me over real good.

------------------
1989 GT, 3:55's, full exhaust, 4 in. hood, Pro 5.0, Have many other parts 4 sale. All parts for sale now.

2000 Camaro SS-A4 =P

1989 Chevy S-10, EX. Cab-383(500+hp on motor), trick flow heads, trick flow pistons, etc... autometer phantom gauges, "built" 700R4, roll cage, lexan back window, corbeau seats, R.H.S. 5 harnesses, Fuel cell, convo pro wheels, 15x14's with 29x18.5 M/T'S on back, 15x4's on front, nitrous, and so much more!

http://www.geocities.com/i8urvpr/JM.html
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 07:29 PM   #10
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 1BAD89:
But I have to do the speed limit because I'm on probation, and 1 ticket with in the next 5 months, means will fugg me over real good.

Yeah, that sucks, at least I still have the OPTION to make a choice whether I race or not. My friend's in the same boat as you, he has a z3 and a prelude but he can never race cause he's on probabtion. I always mess with him and say, "hey you wanna run tonight?" and he has to say no, so I make fun of him and say he's just too scared of my stang! It bugs him...

Then I realize he's an ex-con, and I run away scared...lol
Old 08-31-2001, 11:01 PM   #11
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

LoL ahahaha =P
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2001, 10:28 PM   #12
SpeedJunky
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by StoplightWarrior:
Yeah, that sucks, at least I still have the OPTION to make a choice whether I race or not. My friend's in the same boat as you, he has a z3 and a prelude but he can never race cause he's on probabtion. I always mess with him and say, "hey you wanna run tonight?" and he has to say no, so I make fun of him and say he's just too scared of my stang! It bugs him...

Then I realize he's an ex-con, and I run away scared...lol
We can race anytime....Mwahahahaahaha

------------------
2000 Triple Black GT Vert

SUSPENSION: MM full length subframes * MM c/c plates * MM aluminum offset rack bushings * MM LCAs * H&R springs * Steeda front sway bar * Cobra rear sway bar * Bilstein shocks/struts * Saleen silver 18x9/18x10 wrapped in 265/295 PZeros *

EXHAUST: Bassani X w/ cats * Magnapack Catback

ENGINE/DRIVETRAIN: BBK 70mm TB * ATI polished 12psi P-1SC w/ 3-core intercooler * FMS 42# injectors * Saleen/Hurst shifter base w/ MAC handle *

[b]SAFETY:</B
SpeedJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2001, 11:30 PM   #13
Capri306

Stoplight: been there, done that. Sucks, I know. Just remember that's it's better to keep your car & lose a little pride than sit a night in jail and have your car impounded, not to mention points, insurance, etc. Yeah, yeah, I sound like a wuss, but it's better off safe than sorry with pigs that tail you like that. You just KNOW they're looking for an excuse to nail ya, and I guarantee he ran your plate just to make sure.

------------------
Capri306, Moderator, The Mustang Works Online
1979 Mercury Capri, 5.0L -- C4 -- 2.73
1987 Mustang LX Notch
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 08:51 PM   #14
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedJunky:
We can race anytime....Mwahahahaahaha

Hey Speed Junky, the car in your sig is a lot like this one fruit's car Ive seen who lives in Pleasant Hill. The guy is such a tool.

Armando, is Speed Junky your screenname now?

If this is your ride, send me an email, I gotta ask you a couple questions bout your setup.