MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-09-2002, 11:03 PM   #1
Rice Hunter
Registered Member

Wink Haha, blown civic: slow!

The other day, I got into my car and decided to go around town. It was fairly nice out, not top down weather, but good enough. I have the windows cracked and stop at a light. It is one of those really really long lights and a Civic pulls up beside me with exhaust and body kit. I hear him call over and ask me what my car does in the quarter mile. I tell him I haven't run it down a track, so I really couldn't tell. He says he does 12's easy (I didn't ask, but ok). He revs, and tells me if I'd like to know how fast I am, I should run him. I'm thinking, this guy looks young he could be bsing, but there was a little whistle coming from his engine, blower I think. He then says: Civic Si, supercharger, lots of stuff and NAWSSSS. Oh god, will this light ever end? The light turns green and I take the jump on him.... 4000rpms 1st gear, pull on him a little bit.... 4000rpm 2nd pull on him HARD... 4000rpm third... where did he go? I can't say how much I won by, but it wasn't close. He pulled off somewhere. I guess he should have asked what I had under the hood... I might have told him.. haha, silly ricers! I do have to say, with the thousands on body kit, exhaust, blower, engine mods to handle it, and nos system, he should have put up more of a fight... at least I would have expected it.

453.9rwhp
387trq
Lots of fun
Convertible

Penn State University
Temple University School of Medicine (start August 27th )
Rice Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 12:51 AM   #2
The Deuce
Registered Member

Are you kidding? Unless you still have 2.73's out back, I can't think of much that would hang with all that hp.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 01:05 AM   #3
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

BLOWN RICERS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Daniel.

RHC MEMBER #25
DAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 02:59 AM   #4
20LbsBoost

Hahaha. Personally, I'm to the point I don't even bother giving them the time of day. It's not worth the run-up on the car, gas consumption, risk of a traffic stop or to see an embarrassing fly-by. Sometimes I bluff 'em to hear their rubber bands wind up and chirp a little rubber as their tires bounce off the ruts in the road. I smile and let'em continue on so they think they have one bad-a55 ride that just beat a Turbo T/A. I had a kid play with me recently with a modded turbo Talon. It was pretty impressive, but still not nearly enough. He promptly took a left turn after his schooling.

These morons and their NAAWWWZZZZ and alleged VTECH's (whatever those are) are in La-La land. They throw numbers out and have never been to the track. For gawds sake they probably don't even know that the #'s mean! It just isn't a worth my while to give them the time of day. To them, performance is a fart-pipe on a Nissan that can break the tires loose with a neutral slam or 2nd gear chirp winding their manual ricer up to 6000 and dumping the clutch.

They have NO concept of sliding sideways in a rear wheel drive car with posi at 40mph.

I had a guest over tonight and he pulled up in a stock '93 Mustang GT, nice car, don't see many of those around anymore stock. Anyway, we went for a ride in the TTA. I dropped it at a 15mph roll and his neck snapped back. All he said was "wow, this thing's got some balls".

I ask anyone reading this to challenge the next ricer who tosses numbers around to call 'em out on it. Give 'em some line, then reel 'em in. Let them talk 5hit and boast about their performance....feed into it, let'em pile it on thick. People LOVE to talk about themselves and their cars. Then ask for a time slip, when, where, what their 60' was, what an ET means and how it's measured, what their trap speed was etc. Let'em squirm and stutter and see what they come up with.

While writing this I may have come up with a new personal strategy. Next time I line up with a ricer at a light I'll roll my window down and bait'em into talking up their car . Then very humbly ask they'll please give me a try up to the posted speed limit. Bet 99/100 they'd take the bait. When they get their a55es handed to 'em sit back and watch the fly-by from waaaayyyy up front.

DEATH TO RICERS!

Last edited by 20LbsBoost; 11-10-2002 at 12:59 PM..
Old 11-10-2002, 11:55 AM   #5
Special K
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 20LbsBoost
Hahaha. Personally, I'm to the point I don't even bother giving them the time of day. It's not worth the run-up on the car, gas consumption, risk of a traffic stop or to see an embarrassing fly-by. Sometimes I bluff 'em to hear their rubber bands wind up and chirp a little rubber as their tires bounce off the ruts in the road. I smile and let'em continue on so they think they have one bad-a55 ride that just beat a Turbo T/A. I had a kid play with me recently with a modded turbo Talon. It was pretty impressive, but still not nearly enough. He promptly took a left turn after his schooling.

These morons and their NAAWWWZZZZ and alleged VTECH's (whatever those are) are in La-La land. They throw numbers out and have never been to the track. For gawds sake they probably don't even know that the #'s mean! It just isn't a worth my while to give them the time of day. To them, performance is a fart-pipe on a Nissan that can break the tires loose with a neutral slam or 2nd gear chirp winding their manual ricer up to 6000 and dumping the clutch.

They have NO concept of sliding sideways in a rear wheel drive car with posi at 40mph.

I had a guest over tonight and he pulled up in a stock '93 Mustang GT, nice car, don't see many of those around anymore stock. Anyway, we went for a ride in the TTA. I dropped it at a 15mph roll and his neck snapped back. All he said was "wow, this thing's got some balls".

I ask anyone reading this to challenge the next ricer who tosses numbers around to call 'em out on it. Give 'em some line, then reel 'em in. Let them talk 5hit and boast about their performance....feed into it, let'em pile it on thick. People LOVE to talk about themselves and their cars. Then ask for a time slip, when, where, what their 60' was, what an ET means and how it's measured, what their trap speed was etc. Let'em squirm and stutter and see what they come up with.

While writing this I may have come up with a new personal strategy. Next time I line up with a ricer at a light I'll roll my window down and bait'em into talking up their car . Then very humbly ask they'll please give me a try up to the posted speed limit. Bet 99/100 they'd take the bait, then do a fly-by from 4-5 cars back.

DEATH TO RICERS!
STOP CALLING EVERY IMPORT CAR RICERS!

dammit!

No offense but you really need to stop talking like you own the world. You only run HIGH 12s. You really got nothing to be talking so much crap! (no offense! )

sorry I had to vent a little!
Special K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 02:20 PM   #6
20LbsBoost

Quote:
Originally posted by Special K
STOP CALLING EVERY IMPORT CAR RICERS!

dammit!

No offense but you really need to stop talking like you own the world. You only run HIGH 12s. You really got nothing to be talking so much crap! (no offense! )
No offense taken and I sincerely appreciate your candor. Like I said I was in a mood last night.

However, please specifically point out in anywhere in my posts I act as if I "own the world" and how "I have nothing to talk so much crap". I disagree. The Turbo T/A is pretty rare since they only made 1550 units and dipping into the 12's is nothing to shake a stick at. I've repeatedly said in my other posts that "there's always someone faster than you". I'm very humble when it comes to street racin' and don't drive with the attitude my car's the 5hit. Sure, I'm proud of my rare bird and GN but realize they're NOT the "king of the streets" and have posted the fact I've lost. Ricers (as a rule) on the other hand act as if their street rods are a force to be reckoned with. This is just my opinion based on personal experience.

If you look at the content of this thread and what I wrote, I didn't say anything about imports, NOR DID I SAY A RICER HAD TO BE AN IMPORT. I've seen domestic cars riced out and they make my stomach turn as well. I was referring to ricers which is the topic of the original post starting this thread. Ricers in my opinion are those who drive slow economy cars and dress them up to look like some sort of track racer then act as if they have "the" fast machine. IN MY OPINION, which is shared by a lot of true muscle car enthusiasts I've encountered, feel rice rides are NOT fast and a high 12 second car will crush 99% of them. I have my time slip and only 3 mods, that's somewhat unique. Pretty tough for a ricer to compete unless it's highly modified.

When's the last time you personally saw a dressed up rice ride run 12's or had a time slip to back up their claims when the driver claims he's run low 12's? I haven't. I'll post a link to my time slip.

Please don't single me out because I bash rice machines, a LOT of people here do. There's plenty of other posts and topics authored by Mustang owners which are very similar to my rebuttal here.

If anyone else feels I'm out of line feel free to post your opinions as well.

http://www.krif.com/tta/TTA/1233TIMESLIP.JPG

Thanks for your time,

Last edited by 20LbsBoost; 11-10-2002 at 02:51 PM..
Old 11-10-2002, 02:42 PM   #7
Special K
Registered Member

I was referring to the quote in my other post. That sounded rude to me. I agree on your definition of a ricer. All show no go. BUT I noticed most of you guys use the ricer think everytime you race an import. I mean god you guys always race moron with bodykits?! There is no fast import in your area?!

Hell here in Quebec the parts cost 2x what it cost in the US and there is lots 13s/12s/11s import (mostly hondas, dsm and VW) at the local track! I even have a friend who ran 12.93 @107mph with his untuned naturally aspirated civic, full interior on street tires!

Here is a link with the quick import cars of my area:
http://www.montrealracing.com/fr/fastcars/index.spy
Old 11-10-2002, 03:16 PM   #8
20LbsBoost

Quote:
Originally posted by Special K
I was referring to the quote in my other post. [/url]
May I ask which quote that was?

In my opinion, talk is cheap. I'm not doubting or challenging your claim they have a site with their stated numbers. What I'm wondering is if they can take photos of their cars, why can't they post the timeslips? Like I said in a different thread, it's just my cop instincts emerging, I'm skeptical. The proof's in the pudding. Lets see the actual timeslip backing up the quick runs. If someone actually ran those excellent times, common sense would dictate the proud owner would keep the slips. With that in mind, where are they?

It's not arrogance, it's confidence in the documented preformance of my TTA vs. the stated performance of a car known as a "ricer" (domestic or foreign).

Nice thread, I enjoy civilized discussion such as this.

Last edited by 20LbsBoost; 11-10-2002 at 09:54 PM..
Old 11-10-2002, 06:51 PM   #9
Special K
Registered Member

Im not sure but I think they ack for the timeslip before they add the car to the list. Dont know why they dont put the timeslip tho

Here are the quotes:

Quote:
Hahaha. Personally, I'm to the point I don't even bother giving them the time of day. It's not worth the run-up on the car, gas consumption, risk of a traffic stop or to see an embarrassing fly-by. Sometimes I bluff 'em to hear their rubber bands wind up and chirp a little rubber as their tires bounce off the ruts in the road. I smile and let'em continue on so they think they have one bad-a55 ride that just beat a Turbo T/A.
Quote:
Old 11-10-2002, 07:07 PM   #10
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Quote:
BUT I noticed most of you guys use the ricer think everytime you race an import. I mean god you guys always race moron with bodykits?! There is no fast import in your area?!
Well, I don't know how it is in Quebec, but here in Dallas there is about 50 sticker\body kit "wanna-bes" to actual fast imports.

Heck, I don't see that many fast imports at the tracks either, although they do show up from time to time....

Considering the amount of "slow and stickered" ricers to actual fast imports, don't be surprised at the amount of "ricer" kills.

I mean, jeez, some of these morons will rev at anything. One day I'm sure I'm going to see a stickered run-down Civic DX and a scooter race.
Scary part is, you REALLY don't know who might win...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 09:12 PM   #11
The Deuce
Registered Member

WTF is a DSM? Did I miss something back in high school?

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 09:28 PM   #12
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by The Deuce
A DSM is an Eclipse or Talon.

I have to admit I've only been to Montreal once, but from talking to several people here, Quebecers are a completely different breed when it comes to cars and driving. When I lived in Dallas, like Hammer said, everyone is a poser. In Quebec everyone is crazy and wants to be the fastest on the road, no matter what the cost

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2002, 09:56 PM   #13
20LbsBoost

Quote:
Originally posted by The Deuce
DSM = Daimler Star Motors
Old 11-10-2002, 10:38 PM   #14
this is not cbring
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 20LbsBoost
When's the last time you personally saw a dressed up rice ride run 12's or had a time slip to back up their claims when the driver claims he's run low 12's? I haven't. I'll post a link to my time slip.
today. i talked to two of them today............and i didn't even leave my house (actually not 12's because there is not a q-mile track convenient here, but 7's in the 1/8th)
Old 11-11-2002, 12:37 AM   #15
Rice Hunter
Registered Member

Wow guys, and all I wanted was a nice kill or something... I don't underestimate cars, there can be a lot of fast sleepers out there...

453.9rwhp
387trq
Lots of fun
Convertible

Penn State University
Old 11-11-2002, 05:44 PM   #16
Special K
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 95mustanggt
A DSM is an Eclipse or Talon.

I have to admit I've only been to Montreal once, but from talking to several people here, Quebecers are a completely different breed when it comes to cars and driving. When I lived in Dallas, like Hammer said, everyone is a poser. In Quebec everyone is crazy and wants to be the fastest on the road, no matter what the cost
Yeah there is an Import Day at the track every month. And you need to be in the low 12s to even think about getiing into the Quick 8!

DSM = Diamond Star Motor
Old 11-13-2002, 10:48 PM   #17
91LX2Bfast
Registered Member

Rice Hunter - what color was the car?
I think he was busting your balls about the SC and "Noss" because I've yet to hear about any SI's like that in town. Even if he had both power adder's, I'd still put $100 on you.
Good kill!!
91LX2Bfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2002, 12:36 AM   #18
Rice Hunter
Registered Member

It was blue. Problem is: I think it had New York plates, so it isn't a local car.

So.... do blown Civics still get good gas mileage? Could this be a traveling car?

Haha, yeah, Civics, unless HEAVILY modified would have trouble keeping up.

453.9rwhp
387trq
Lots of fun
Convertible

Penn State University
Old 11-15-2002, 04:45 PM   #19
95ragtop
Registered Member

Reminds me of running a "all motor 13 sec Civic" in my stock 95 auto Vert. I figured, lets see how bad it looks to have a 13 sec car against my mid 15 sec car. It was funny, I took him off the line, he screeched in to second, I think I heard a grind(powershift), and he couldn't catch me. I told him he had a nice 16 sec Civic. Needless to say, he quietly took the next turn.

95 Mustang GT Convertible - SOLD
2000 Buick Regal GS (3.4 pulley, gutted airbox w K&N, U-bend, DHP PCM, TOG Headers. Pre-headers PB 14.81 @ 2700ft elevationw 2.25 60 ft)
1967 Electra 225 convertible (360hp)
95ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2002, 08:28 AM   #20
USMC302
Registered Member

NICE KILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: