View Single Post
Old 11-10-2002, 02:59 AM   #4
20LbsBoost

Hahaha. Personally, I'm to the point I don't even bother giving them the time of day. It's not worth the run-up on the car, gas consumption, risk of a traffic stop or to see an embarrassing fly-by. Sometimes I bluff 'em to hear their rubber bands wind up and chirp a little rubber as their tires bounce off the ruts in the road. I smile and let'em continue on so they think they have one bad-a55 ride that just beat a Turbo T/A. I had a kid play with me recently with a modded turbo Talon. It was pretty impressive, but still not nearly enough. He promptly took a left turn after his schooling.

These morons and their NAAWWWZZZZ and alleged VTECH's (whatever those are) are in La-La land. They throw numbers out and have never been to the track. For gawds sake they probably don't even know that the #'s mean! It just isn't a worth my while to give them the time of day. To them, performance is a fart-pipe on a Nissan that can break the tires loose with a neutral slam or 2nd gear chirp winding their manual ricer up to 6000 and dumping the clutch.

They have NO concept of sliding sideways in a rear wheel drive car with posi at 40mph.

I had a guest over tonight and he pulled up in a stock '93 Mustang GT, nice car, don't see many of those around anymore stock. Anyway, we went for a ride in the TTA. I dropped it at a 15mph roll and his neck snapped back. All he said was "wow, this thing's got some balls".

I ask anyone reading this to challenge the next ricer who tosses numbers around to call 'em out on it. Give 'em some line, then reel 'em in. Let them talk 5hit and boast about their performance....feed into it, let'em pile it on thick. People LOVE to talk about themselves and their cars. Then ask for a time slip, when, where, what their 60' was, what an ET means and how it's measured, what their trap speed was etc. Let'em squirm and stutter and see what they come up with.

While writing this I may have come up with a new personal strategy. Next time I line up with a ricer at a light I'll roll my window down and bait'em into talking up their car . Then very humbly ask they'll please give me a try up to the posted speed limit. Bet 99/100 they'd take the bait. When they get their a55es handed to 'em sit back and watch the fly-by from waaaayyyy up front.

DEATH TO RICERS!

Last edited by 20LbsBoost; 11-10-2002 at 12:59 PM..