View Single Post
Old 11-10-2002, 02:20 PM   #6
20LbsBoost

Quote:
Originally posted by Special K
STOP CALLING EVERY IMPORT CAR RICERS!

dammit!

No offense but you really need to stop talking like you own the world. You only run HIGH 12s. You really got nothing to be talking so much crap! (no offense! )
No offense taken and I sincerely appreciate your candor. Like I said I was in a mood last night.

However, please specifically point out in anywhere in my posts I act as if I "own the world" and how "I have nothing to talk so much crap". I disagree. The Turbo T/A is pretty rare since they only made 1550 units and dipping into the 12's is nothing to shake a stick at. I've repeatedly said in my other posts that "there's always someone faster than you". I'm very humble when it comes to street racin' and don't drive with the attitude my car's the 5hit. Sure, I'm proud of my rare bird and GN but realize they're NOT the "king of the streets" and have posted the fact I've lost. Ricers (as a rule) on the other hand act as if their street rods are a force to be reckoned with. This is just my opinion based on personal experience.

If you look at the content of this thread and what I wrote, I didn't say anything about imports, NOR DID I SAY A RICER HAD TO BE AN IMPORT. I've seen domestic cars riced out and they make my stomach turn as well. I was referring to ricers which is the topic of the original post starting this thread. Ricers in my opinion are those who drive slow economy cars and dress them up to look like some sort of track racer then act as if they have "the" fast machine. IN MY OPINION, which is shared by a lot of true muscle car enthusiasts I've encountered, feel rice rides are NOT fast and a high 12 second car will crush 99% of them. I have my time slip and only 3 mods, that's somewhat unique. Pretty tough for a ricer to compete unless it's highly modified.

When's the last time you personally saw a dressed up rice ride run 12's or had a time slip to back up their claims when the driver claims he's run low 12's? I haven't. I'll post a link to my time slip.

Please don't single me out because I bash rice machines, a LOT of people here do. There's plenty of other posts and topics authored by Mustang owners which are very similar to my rebuttal here.

If anyone else feels I'm out of line feel free to post your opinions as well.

http://www.krif.com/tta/TTA/1233TIMESLIP.JPG

Thanks for your time,

Last edited by 20LbsBoost; 11-10-2002 at 02:51 PM..