MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2002, 04:58 PM   #1
one
Registered Member

Default Have you guys ever lost a race

So may times I have been reading what you guys post here about how your 14 second mustangs( that would be the time you said it ran in the bottom of your post) Beat a new Z28 or vet. Or how your 14.50 second mustang I think was the last one that beat a 12 second truck.( You wrote it not me) I guess the meaning of this post is that I have been racing for a long time now, streets and at the track. Guess what I have even lost some too. There is nothing wrong with writting about this awesome race you had every once in a while that you just happen to loss. We don't win them all. But at least be realistic about your post and times. A 14 second mustang is not beating a 12 second truck unless the truck broke which is possible.

Ok I will start it off

I have gone threw a few mustang now, just love them and love to modify them.
So I was about 19 in a 1989 mustand LX with the normal mods
ran 13.2's on the freeway with my girlfriend in the car. It was about 10 o'clock at night and we were driving to the street races. I see this mid 90's most likely a 94 white Vet, I am just driving and I notice as I am about to pass him two lanes over on the freeway he starts to speed up. I am thinking oh yeah, I got a bite. I throw down to 4th and move a lane closer. I see his car down shift, I throw down two third and tap the gas, he jumps on it and I jump on it. I pull about a car on him and stay there. Power shift to 4th and pull to about a car and a half. After I top out of 4th I get off of it and shift to 5th. He goes by me and is now about 1/4 mile in front of me. We drive a little bit longer and then he slows down, he stays next to me and is tapping his gas. I figure ok he needs another *** wimp'n I would be happy to give to him. So I throw it down again he jumps on it, I move over two lanes because of traffic, I am the car in front of him now, as I look over I see the back end of his car drop down from what was most likely the torque as he the starts to pull on me like I was standing still. I am like what the F? He slows down alittle I pull next to him again, again he walks me. Crap, guessing he had Nitrous and didn't have his bottle open the first time. But still funny as hell didn't expect that one.

One
Old 05-28-2002, 05:14 PM   #2
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

First off, most of the cars at this site are not in the 14's. Id say the majority are in the 13's, with many in the 11's and 12's. Also, despite what you think, high 13's are usually sufficient to beat 99% of the cars you will run into on the roads. My GT is probably not the fastest car in my area, but to this day, after owning it for 18mo, I've only lost 4-5 street races with it. Chalk it up to others not being able to drive, or whatever, but that's the god's honest truth. Also, I DID post those loss stories. Just because you are seeing some posts recently with people claiming to beat supposedly faster cars does not mean that all the posts are like that.

What is with all these newbies coming in and trying to cause trouble lately?? This is turning into clubsi or something. haha.

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Cofounder of Raccoon Racing
Old 05-28-2002, 05:31 PM   #3
Rev
Registered Member

Most people just post kills, because that's what this forum is mostly for...kill stories. It's not too interesting to post that your street driven Stang got beat by a race gas guzzling bracket racer with a roll cage, 14 " slicks, and wheelie bars at the local track.

As for me, I get beat usually by LS-1 Camaros and Vettes, but not til near the 1320 ' mark and then only by 1 car or so.

I think most here are pretty straightforward as to their wins and losses. It wouldn't give me any thrill to fabricate, and I'll bet it's pretty much the same with others.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Old 05-28-2002, 05:45 PM   #4
one
Registered Member

Did not intend that post for the people who are not embellishing their racing stories, so this post/ complaint would not apply to you stop light warrior. Just saying for the people with the stock mustangs beating the ss and vets on the freeway. Give me a break. I am a mustang guy threw and threw but I know that the stock mustang is not going to go knock off a new Z06 (405hp). So for those guys stop giving the rest of the mustang guys a bad name.

One
Old 05-28-2002, 05:54 PM   #5
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by one
Did not intend that post for the people who are not embellishing their racing stories, so this post/ complaint would not apply to you stop light warrior. Just saying for the people with the stock mustangs beating the ss and vets on the freeway. Give me a break. I am a mustang guy threw and threw but I know that the stock mustang is not going to go knock off a new Z06 (405hp). So for those guys stop giving the rest of the mustang guys a bad name.

One
Well that's fine then, but I really don't recall any posts about GT's beating z06's??

I definitely recall the few posts about GT's taking LS1's but not z06's.

Also, the one race I've had with an LS1 camaro (98) was when I just had exhaust and pulleys, and from a 50mph roll, he only put 1 1/2 cars on me. I did post that one, cause I was surprised I hung as well as I did. Plus, he took the jump on me!

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Old 05-28-2002, 05:57 PM   #6
one
Registered Member

Yeah I haven't seen anyone post that their stock mustang beat a Z06 yet either. I am just posting that because I know it is only a matter of time before I see it.
Old 05-28-2002, 06:25 PM   #7
StoplightWarrior
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by one
Yeah I haven't seen anyone post that their stock mustang beat a Z06 yet either. I am just posting that because I know it is only a matter of time before I see it.
Well that is certainly a nice attitude to have.

Please do not confuse Mustangworks with the rest of the lesser websites.

If you would like to stick around and contribute positively to the threads, you are more than welcome to hang out here with all of us. On the other hand, if you just want to cause drama here, please take it somewhere else. Sure we had a couple posts recently with questionable kills, but anything can happen on the streets, remember.

There are few instances of BS calling here, because most of the members have proven themselves to be quite trustworthy. I'm sure if you do stick around, you will see that to be the case.

See you around??

1994 Cobra #4343
Bolt on's only...

Old 05-28-2002, 08:04 PM   #8
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

I've had my '00 GT for almost 3 years now. I have only lost to 2 cars that I have drag raced, one was a friend's '00 Camaro SS and the other was my buddy's 94 Cobra with all the bolt-ons. I've raced about a dozen cars in the last 10 days alone with no losses. Does that mean that I think my car runs 12s? No, but mid- to high-13s seems to be enough to beat most that I come up against. Like Stoplight Warrior said, once you get to know the people on here you will see that most of us just post it how it happens. I just need to find better competition around here to race.
Old 05-28-2002, 09:37 PM   #9
91PA5liter
Registered Member

hey just to let you know "One" there are currently at least two posts about getting beaten on the forum right now. One is getting beat by an Integra Type R and the other is getting beat by a Jeep Grand Cherokee. So people do post about getting killed on this board im also sure those arnt the only times some one has posted about them getting killed hell i'll admit i've gotten killed quite a few times. Actually just lost the other day to a 300ZX that was turboed gave him a decent run but top end he beat me. I feel racing is albout having fun wether you win by 10 car lengths or by a nose or end up losing a race its not the end of the world. Hope this helps you see that people do post about getting killed but it is mostly about us Stangers beating Camaros or rice or what ever else cuz those stories are usually better.
Old 05-28-2002, 09:37 PM   #10
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

HUH??

There are plenty of posts here about losing to something! You're just more proud and want to share when you win!
Old 05-28-2002, 10:45 PM   #11
srv1
Get down.....

Exclamation are you the one? nope!

i do see where one is coming from. One, i assume you havent been aroung this site long or you have, but you werent a member, but anyways, you will see some post how their "14" second car beat an LS1. it just goes with the terrortory. most people on this site are usually legit.

guys there is alot a "14" second stangs on this site. me being one of them i think(havent officially raced it yet). most people here have gears and exhaust. i am talking about the majority members on this site, not the ones that post frequently. usually they have more than exhaust and gears. remember one, talk is cheap, so you will see that now and then. compare this site to any other site on the net, and you will find less BS here, than any other Mustang site out there. mostly you will find misinformed, not BS here, and the misinformed gets corrected which most sites usually dont.

stick around...
Old 05-29-2002, 12:38 AM   #12
50DAVIDLX

i was the one that got beat by the type-R and posted it, that takes some balls to admit i lost to rice, but it was fast and the guy was cool.

and i've thought about some of the things people write on here but a win is a win.

Old 05-29-2002, 01:16 AM   #13
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Hmm...I might be reading more into this than what there is (After all the world doesnt revolve around me.) but I get the feeling that I'm one of the people being reffered to on this post.

I get that from the 14 sec remark, at first I thought was a generalazation of time slips for many members, then later we get a specific time....14.5. Leading me to believe that the first time mentioned, 14 sec, is a specific time also.

Lets see. I talked about how I have beaten a few LS-1's (Which regardless of what some may think...It did happen, they were racing, and I did win.), I ran a 14 flat at 102...So I fit 2 of 2 parameters that were set.. Hmm..My car does not magically run better on the street, I'm just alot more comfortable, and expereinced there.

I AM GLAD TO SEE EVERYONE GETTING ALONG ALOT BETTER NOW!! and there being no Crap slinging going on. I just hope this thread doesnt start it back up.

I think with my trap speed, that I should be able to dig into the 13.7's on my next visit at the track...Some say lower times, but I feel 13.8's and 13.7's are realistic for my Worn out tires, WOrn out Control Arm bushings, and Track Expereince.

Oh, HEY SEDAN MAN...Thanks for the positive comments man (On my First time at the track thread). I really appreciate the encouragement. I hope to turn in 13.5's like EZRIDN soon. I'm not sure if its going to take some more mods, or just better driving, but I hope to get there. Preferably with the way the car sits now.

Either way, I hope ya stick around ONE, and dont disapear or become a troll. There is relatively little BS, or Crap flinging on this site, most people here are really cool, especially once diffrences are put aside.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Old 05-29-2002, 01:18 AM   #14
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Oh, by the way. Have I told you guys about the Time I beat a Vette Z-06?? Yeah I blistered Him. j/k
Old 05-29-2002, 01:46 AM   #15
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Quote:
Oh, by the way. Have I told you guys about the Time I beat a Vette Z-06?? Yeah I blistered Him.
Yeah, Merc. I remember you telling us about that one. You really ate him up. He got you off the line, but since our Mustangs are WAY better than LS1s on the top end, you just blew past him. Way to be!

Just joking....We all know that stock for stock the LS1s pull harder on the top end than Mustangs.....yeah, yeah, yeah....
Old 05-29-2002, 08:58 AM   #16
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

Default I'm with Mercury here.

I felt as though I was being referred to as well. After all, I post lots of kills on the street and ran a hellafast 13.76 last weekend.

But, I trapped 103. Mercury trapped 102. Everyone's favorite car on this site, the LS1 traps about 105 in stock form (seen by my own eyes at the track). One, if you're the established racer that you say, then you should know that's close enough for a good street race and let the better driver win.

Come to think of it, I don't recall losing since I've dropped in my new motor. In all honesty, the races I've been in over the last year I should've won or at least been very competitive in.... all ricers, Cameros or other Mustangs. Everytime I try to race someone that should beat me (like a Vette), the old-fart driving won't go.
5 speed 302-Cobra Intake-GT40p heads-TFS stage 1 cam-FRPP 1.6 roller rockers-3:73 gears-KYB shocks and struts-Eibach Pro-kit-HPM Mega-bite upper and lower control arms-FRPP aluminum driveshaft-16x8 Chrome Cobra Rs

R.H.C. #14
Old 05-29-2002, 10:47 AM   #17
Aquaman
Registered Member

Default Re: I'm with Mercury here.

Quote:
Originally posted by 89 Cobra LX
But, I trapped 103. Mercury trapped 102. Everyone's favorite car on this site, the LS1 traps about 105 in stock form (seen by my own eyes at the track).
I really am not trying to flame here. But not all LS1's trap 105 in stock form. Most of the LS1 Vettes are trapping 107-109. I realize that you are most often talking about F Bods but don't generalize the Engine there are nearly as many Vettes as LS1 Camaro and Birds.

As for the Old farts in Vettes not Racing you. Yeah thats a problem I appologize for all the true Vette owners for the 55+ year old Vette guys that just want to have a vette. They give us a bad name too. Because when they do race they often loose because they don't know how to drive and have A4 Verts with the 2.73 rear Fortunately most of the old guys don't race.
Old 05-29-2002, 11:06 AM   #18
89 Cobra LX
Don Corlione

Aquaman - you're right, I was speaking of f-bodys. Sorry, I should've been more specific. I know there are people out there with Vettes who aren't afraid of the performance. I just haven't had the luck of finding one.
5 speed 302-Cobra Intake-GT40p heads-TFS stage 1 cam-FRPP 1.6 roller rockers-3:73 gears-KYB shocks and struts-Eibach Pro-kit-HPM Mega-bite upper and lower control arms-FRPP aluminum driveshaft-16x8 Chrome Cobra Rs

R.H.C. #14
Old 05-29-2002, 11:22 AM   #19
Aquaman
Registered Member

Hell no problem I just see alot of LS1 info that is more F bod related then LS1 related. I realize that F bods race more often and thats why it's said so frequently but we are "slightly" faster then most F bods in the 1/4 but it is pretty close.
Old 05-29-2002, 11:52 AM   #20
sedanman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercury

I think with my trap speed, that I should be able to dig into the 13.7's on my next visit at the track...Some say lower times, but I feel 13.8's and 13.7's are realistic for my Worn out tires, WOrn out Control Arm bushings, and Track Expereince.

[
Yeah add a set of DR's and you could get a 13.6-13.7

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercury

Oh, HEY SEDAN MAN...Thanks for the positive comments man (On my First time at the track thread). I really appreciate the encouragement. I hope to turn in 13.5's like EZRIDN soon. I'm not sure if its going to take some more mods, or just better driving, but I hope to get there. Preferably with the way the car sits now.

No, problem I resect the fact that you finally took it to the track and you posted a no bull **** time slip. Going to the dragstrip to race for the first time is a real wake up call, I would bet 98% of the time you run slower than what you would think. As for getting a 13.5 as it sits it would probably take some slicks (or atleast DR's). But you really should work on some power mods too, because you will need atleast a 105 trap to pull LS1's up top on a regular bases. Good luck.

GONE 1991 Lx sedan 5.0, 5spd (Liberty proshifted TKO) S-trim, Ported TF heads everything parted out.
Closed Thread