View Single Post
Old 07-30-2002, 06:29 AM   #8
Aquaman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Coupe5oh
Well if you trapping 115 in a mustang foxbody, and with slicks, your in the high 11's, or should be, low 12's at worst, so yes my z06 killer would consist of a 10:1 short 347, ported tfs, or afr's, all the goodies, 4.10 grs, and e.t. streets, should be no problem getting high 11's with a 1.7 60', that would give a stock zo6 helll, and for less money than a z06.

Then spray it and hope the t-5 lives, and he would be toast
That sounds about right. Dark 5.0 is right as well there are some 02 Z06's that can trap 117+stock I have been witness to it. But if your running high 11's you should be in good shape as most trap 115-117ish and run 12.2-12.6. To answer the other guys question of Price and how it relates. I just looked a buying an 02 Z06 (may still do it)Right now because the 03 are on the way and with the stock market doing what it's doing they are being reduced I could pick it up for 44K with 0.0% interest if I decided to finance rather then pay cash. Yeas you could build a beast of a Fox Body for 44K but thats a whole nother thing altogether. I could build a Z06 for WAY, WAY less then the new Lambo and kick it's azz in every catagory. It's just what kinda car you want I like Vettes so I'd buy a Vette.

I'm sorry that the Vette guy is pulling the old ..Well I'm buying a Z06 and you can't beat me then crap. Every car can be beat it comes down to taste nad just how often you want to get beat. The 03 Cobra and the Z06 are easily the best two values around right now if you want a new car.