MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-28-2002, 06:21 PM   #1
hobgoblin351
Registered Member

Default Hell I'm not even done with it and they want to race !!

I'm just about finished with my stang, and people keep driving by reving. Whats up with that? Damn I'm not even on the road yet, still getting the bugs out. I can't wait to shut them up! It's one crazy ride. 1970 conv, Boss351(any more cam and it'd be track only), 3.89's out back. I put like 150 miles on it going around for estimates on the paint/top and they wont leave me alone. I guess they hear the rumble and just have to!
hobgoblin351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 06:54 PM   #2
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Sounds like a sweet ride. I get the same thing I can be outside washing my cobra and people drive by and rev.

What was the average estimate that you got on the top. My 88GT top is getting pretty bad I need to get mine redone as well.

Later,
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 08:33 PM   #3
DAN-MAN
Confederate Cowboy

Sounds like one sweet ride. Can't wait to hear how it does on the road.

Daniel.

RHC MEMBER #25
DAN-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 10:22 PM   #4
hobgoblin351
Registered Member

Hey dark 5.0, since you're down south I'm thinking you'd get a better price than I paid for the top. Westchester is just north of NYC and everything is pricey! Some shops wanted 750$, 800$ just for the labor. That plus another $300 for parts depending on what you need, I needed the whole works top, pads, and rear windshield. I shopped around and really lucked out. I found a guy $675, and he supplied all the parts too!! can you beat that?!
As far as my Stang, it's freakin brutal!! Can't really punch it out, you'll just sit an spin. I need more rubber out back. But at 1/3 throttle it still launches. It wants to go in like 4 directions at once. Front goes up, rear squats down, sideways, then finally forward! Hell and I still dont have 3rd gear. I messed up putting in the shift kit. When I finally get it painted(candy apple red, is there any other color for a conv?)and get the suspension dialed in watch out. I'm going hunting for imports!~!
hobgoblin351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 02:04 AM   #5
ItzDaLexus300
Registered Member

Its ironic my car is finished and only sometimes to people rev on me. Maybe if i put on a body kit a huge wing and giant exhaust tips in place of the 2.5" tips i have on there.....who knows

Of course on the lighter side it keeps me out of trouble.

I can tell you right now they rev on you because its a mustang. I watched an Eclipse GS with a fart cannon rev on a 1987 4cyl convert. I wont always understand a lot of the import guys (Its these guys that give the decent ones like myself and inferno and a few other friends of mine that give us that reputation) I guess they figure a Camaro is always supposed to be fast. Example. a Guy in a 2nd Gen Eclipse GSX with bolt ons racing a 1984 Camaro (Bone stock) in its 200hp glory. Obviously the kid won and then he turned to his friends and theyw ere all like "Camaros are slow blah blah" The best part is when they loose....they either crawl all over you or jsut kind of slip into the darkness.

1996 SC300 5spd ~"Some Mods" **cough**

1987 Pontiac Fiero Project. Ask for Details
ItzDaLexus300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 05:38 PM   #6
BAleR
Registered Member

Angry

yeah my top on my `94 cost me a good 800 smackers. tops are very expencive for some dumb reason

-BAleR
5speed (stock)
Team DRT
BAleR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 11:15 PM   #7
vetteeatr
Registered Member

kick them in the balls.....

World Windsor Sr.'s, Harland sharpe rockers, 3.73 gears, pulleys, no ac, hurst shifter, 10:1 pistons, BBK full length headers and H-pipe with flows.

Under extensive work for porting and fly cutting to accept my new cam and to match my soon to have systemax intake *DROOL*

Best E.T. 13.20 with edelbrock RPM intake and 70mm TB
vetteeatr is offline   Reply With Quote