MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Stang Stories (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   To Hell With Upr!!!!! (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=49549)

Lethal5Oh 03-22-2007 08:25 PM

To Hell With Upr!!!!!

I purchased UPRs catted x pipe. It didnt fit. I installed it and it pushed the catback back about 2 inches, enough to touch the axle. I called them and they told me its copied dimension whys off the stock h pipe. BS! then they told me i had to cut my flow pipes. WHY?! if its supposed to be the same length as the stock pipe then i shouldnt have to modify anything, right? When i called they would barely let me get a word in. No offer to send me a new one to see if there was infact a manufacturing problem, but they are refunding my money, thats the only thing they will do for me. As of now they have lost a customer, and i intended on buying more stuff plus I already have a decent amount of their products. Let me hear your thoughts on the subject. Later

Rev 03-22-2007 08:52 PM

Re: To Hell With Upr!!!!!

Not familiar with UPR, but be glad they are refunding your money without too much of a hassle. Some outfits would just delay action again and again, hoping you would just get tired and go away. Some would say that since you attempted installation that they are off the hook. There are many horror stories out there. That's why I always pay with a credit card. I can just send it back and cancel the transaction if I have to.

Rev

Unit 5302 03-22-2007 09:18 PM

I have yet to see an aftermarket H/X pipe with converters that fits. I've had a CATCO and 2 BBKs through Summit Racing and none of them fit for crap. Of course, then again, I technically had only 1 BBK because Summit shipped the same defective one back to me :roll:

Considering the amount of money you spend on them, you'd think that a manufacturer would give a crap about the junk they ship out the door.

Dark_5.0 03-22-2007 10:01 PM

My Mac cat back had to be heated and bent and cut and shortened before it fit right.

I am good with a Torch/welder etc... so it took about 30 minutes of my time to iron it out.

USMC302 03-24-2007 06:12 PM

FWIW, I know the owner of UPR, we get discounts through UPR and I love there suspension products, although, I have never ordered exhaust through them, I do know that most exhaust doesn't fit perfectly, now if they sent you the wrong part number or year pipe, then they should fix the problem, I'm suprised to hear they wouldn't let you get a word in on the phone. On the other side of things, are you sure the catback on your car is stock and hasn't been modified just a bit to fit the last pipe? I have the newer cobra cat back 2 1/2 on my 88 and they had to be welded on a little different to half of the catback, anyway, either way, at least your getting your money back after you tried installation, most don't do that much....good luck. if your looking for off road pipes, I have a Bassani X( best fitting pipes IMO ) and a MAC H, with a bung welded into it for a wideband ( I have the plug for it too if you don't run a wideband ) for sale. Both used but in great shape. i went with long tubes..

Lethal5Oh 03-27-2007 08:09 PM

Well usmc302 heres the deal. I installed the catback myself on the factory pipe. I compare refernce points on the floor pan between the upr pipe and the factory. they were different. ANyways, i called them back for the shipping tag and talked to a different guy who listened to me. I measured the pipe and he was supposed to measure another one and get back to me. No word so far. He did offer to pay for me to have the flow pipes modified but im not to thrilled about doing that especially since I want to spend 500 plus on a slp or magnaflow exhaust. Im going to try calling back tommorow, hopefully this will get straightened out and everyone will win. I hate having to be the a$$hole, but when it comes to spending 300 on something that doesnt fit, theres a problem.

P.S. I have a few of their products and like them and would like to get more. They even sent me new hein joints for my bumpsteer kit because one became loose. Thought that was cool.

USMC302 03-28-2007 11:00 AM

Can't agree with you more, I just dropped $650 on ceramic coated longtubes and mid x pipe. They better fit perfect.:D

Lethal5Oh 04-02-2007 12:46 PM

Just an update. All is good now. UPR agreed to pay $50 to have an exhaust shop fix the x pipe. :)