MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-16-2002, 07:00 PM   #1
UntouchableOne707
Registered Member

Default Hey

No Supercharger I got a v8 with a Dohc tho. And New headers and everything in my stang. It's a 98 mustang gt with the saleen 351 body. I been practicing driving it. It goes so fast and junk but I never pushed it to it's limit. Nor do I plan on it anytime soon. The speedometer is broken right now. The new little dial for it is coming in on thursday. It's got all new pully's n junk. The guy I bought it off of got the bassani X pipes for it but I dun see em on there so I gotta talk to him. Well I will take pics of the inside of it for all u guys and maybe u can tell me a little bit more about it. It has 3.73 gears and is an automatic with a shift kit. The engine isn't even a mustang engine... it's something else. It's fast tho... thats all I kno. I am getting a list of the mods and the rest of the receits soon. Well thanks all. Later
Old 09-16-2002, 07:10 PM   #2
The Deuce
Registered Member

A dohc v8?

The only Ford motor that meets that description would either be a Cobra or Lightning motor. Grab a pic of that and post it, and we'll try to get you some more info about it.

Did the speedometer work when you bought the car? That doesn't seem like a real good sign, I would look at the receipts you have and check the date/mileage numbers on things.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 08:25 PM   #3
UntouchableOne707
Registered Member

O the speedometer usually breaks like twice every 6 months
We have to get the one with 18 teeth on it... last one he got had like 23 and it wasn't accurate. We will see tho. Ya I will take a pic tomorra. Later all
Old 09-16-2002, 08:44 PM   #4
Green9550
Resident Redneck

The first thing I thought about was, is the odometer working?

-Billy
95' GT: 306, XL Ross Pistons, Ultra Lite H-beam Rods, Forged Scat Crank, 28oz Romac, 28oz JW flexplate, FTI ported RPM II intake, FTI ported AFR 165's, FTI custom cam, 75mm BBK Throttle body, 80mm Pro-M, 4800 PI stall, PA Super Comp AODE, Strange 33 spline race axles, Strange ultra lite spool, Motive lite 4.30's, Strange rear race brakes, Mega bite seniors, double adjustable uppers w/spherical bushings, Racecraft anti-roll bar, LPW rear end girdle, Metco d/s loop, A9L conversion, AFM PMS
Green9550 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: