MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-07-2004, 10:43 PM   #1
PowerSlideGT
Registered Member

Arrow High school Race

---]Which card should i pull first?

I started my senior year this year, at a new school. I have noticed some people in the parking lot, thinking they have hot rods, and or think there somthing. I have sat back all year, but i cant hold off any more. Its finally getting to me, from all the Wet Spins, bleach burn offs, and Rain fish tails from a 70 modle ford 302, a bowtie sporting a stock caddi motor, and a elcamino that i have had to hear talk about and rant and rave. Im trying to deside what car i should smoke first. o yea and i almost forgot a 70- 80 modle dodge with a 318 in it. Ha dirty dodges, so Boys which car should i pick first?
1988 mustang gt t-top svo alum. Heads, comp cam rockers, e303 cam, Mass air, BBK cold air induction, BBK throttle body, gt-40 intake 1 inch spacer, Alum. drive shaft, world class 5 speed, 3.55 gear rear end, drag front springs.
PowerSlideGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 02:32 PM   #2
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

Are you talking about on the road or at the track? While most of us do it from time to time, I wouldn't recommend racing these guys on the street. It's never a good idea for anyone but you are an inexperienced driver and you will be driving against another inexperienced driver. Do you guys have grudge night at a local track?
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 09:27 PM   #3
PowerSlideGT
Registered Member

I live in the country, with a perfect mile streach which makes a brillant quarter mile switch. Im not that inexperianced but still far from experianced, and these guys are afraid of the track.
1988 mustang gt t-top svo alum. Heads, comp cam rockers, e303 cam, Mass air, BBK cold air induction, BBK throttle body, gt-40 intake 1 inch spacer, Alum. drive shaft, world class 5 speed, 3.55 gear rear end, drag front springs.
Old 04-09-2004, 06:33 PM   #4
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

Yeah, it's funny about the track - it tends to make 15 second cars out of a lot of cars that people claim are 12- and 13-second rides.
Old 04-10-2004, 09:34 AM   #5
RBatson
Registered Member

I say take out the slowest car first, the dodge. Make a name for yourself.. the talk will start. Then take out the second fastest, I'm assuming the chevy. If its not close.. make it close (without losing). Then maybe you can make some money on the last race. Spread the time out and enjoy it, girls love winners. I wish I had a fast car my senior year.. My senior year I was sporting a 76 Datsun station wagon... though that really didn't slow me up it was dubbed the "passion wagon".

Damn, come to think of it.. my girl at the time was friends with a guy that had a GT. I hated that guy.
RBatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 11:07 PM   #6
sedanman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by blue00gt
Yeah, it's funny about the track - it tends to make 15 second cars out of a lot of cars that people claim are 12- and 13-second rides.
So so true!

I agree with Rbatson idea.

GONE 1991 Lx sedan 5.0, 5spd (Liberty proshifted TKO) S-trim, Ported TF heads everything parted out.
sedanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 10:40 AM   #7
PowerSlideGT
Registered Member

Default Hmm

Yea thats a good idea. And the order was right, kinda creapy. But yea, Good idea, Im at school right now, and today is the first day i drove the ole stang, had the guys in the cars come up and talk to me about it, and i had to sit thrrew there boring week end stories about a clutch fan and a fuel pump leaking. and ways they asked " is this where i see the motor" and i told them, no this is where you think and wonder about whats under the hood. In the long run i pissed some people off and there a little scared... o well... dodge is first!
Old 04-12-2004, 03:46 PM   #8
Ackbar00
Rebel Fleet Commander

Default Re: Hmm

Quote:
Originally posted by PowerSlideGT
87 mustang gt t-top,90' mass air 5.0 RHO along with a Summit Tranny. and other mods.
Please define "Other Mods". I really doubt you are over 300HP.

11.25@123.5 on only 8 psi.
10.84@121 on only 1 headgasket

"The Truth is, Your the Weak, and I am the Tyranny of Evil Men!"

Ackbar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 10:21 AM   #9
PowerSlideGT
Registered Member

Other mods mean just that. 300 HP IS childs play, its over 300 and under 400 its all you gotta worry about.
Old 04-13-2004, 03:10 PM   #10
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

Are you trying to insult people here? Are you saying that a new Mach 1 with 305hp is child's play?
What kind of heads and cam do you have on the motor?
Old 04-13-2004, 08:30 PM   #11
PowerSlideGT
Registered Member

No, The last thing i want to do is insult any other mustang fan. But some one insulted me and i retaliated, Dont grip to me. I was deffending my self.
Old 04-14-2004, 12:05 AM   #12
1989GT
Registered Member

I'll bet the motor is bone stock...why bother listing a maf and summit tranny if you have anything done to the motor. 300 hp hmmm not unless you're running a shot of nitrous. Not trying to bash on ya man but why hide what your car has from us?
-Ryan

00GT, Vortech S-Trim, Steeda Boost Pipe, C&L intake, Mac off-road H-pipe, Flowmasters, B&M Ripper shifter, Eibach Sportline springs, Koni Struts/shocks, MM full length subframe connectors, Cobra brakes, 3.73's.
My Car Domain Page
1989GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 08:45 AM   #13
RBatson
Registered Member

Quote:
No, The last thing i want to do is insult any other mustang fan. But some one insulted me and i retaliated, Dont grip to me. I was deffending my self.
I agree. You guys probably aren't familiar with the RHO engine. The only place I can remember ever advertising it was Tommie Vaughn in Texas. It was a Ford rebuild and Tommie Vaughn advertised it at 285hp, I actually thought about buying one back in the day. You guys had me crawling up in the attic to get an old magazine out of the boxes with the ad in it for this one (Super Ford Sept 30, 1996 BTW). Its not a stretch to get 300hp, I don't think. Here is what I found with a search but I doubt there will be much more to find on this motor.
http://www.jason.fletcher.net/tech/h...od91photos.htm

1989GT, where the hell have you been hiding old friend??
Old 04-14-2004, 09:12 AM   #14
Ackbar00
Rebel Fleet Commander

Quote:
Other mods mean just that. 300 HP IS childs play, its over 300 and under 400 its all you gotta worry about.
I did not insult, I want to know your mods. Because I DID dyno 300 RWHP(Before Turbo). There is a difference in having 300 and saying you do.

Old 04-14-2004, 10:20 AM   #15
PowerSlideGT
Registered Member

Its a mass air rho 5.0 i will work on getting you guys a list of every thing on it, I am srry its just that around here you dont talk about whats under the hood. I suspose i need to open up some. I will get a list as soon as i can.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:10 AM   #16
420nitro
Registered Member

Hey its all good! We don't need to know what parts you have on the engine. Just by your replys we (the experianced guys) can tell.
How about this... tell us what you have for a fuel sysytem for starters and injectors plus your mph at the race track?
What suspention parts do you have?
What size tires?
What tires?
Clearly all your high school buddies see this on your car.
So you have nothing to worry about.
Is it a 5-speed or Aod.
Please include pics if you can.

P.S
I am WELL over 400 horsepower.
Oh yea, and it's not a RHO 5.0 either
Thanks
420nitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 01:26 PM   #17
jocatmust
Registered Member

Default Re: High school Race

Quote:
---]Which card should i pull first?

I started my senior year this year, at a new school. I have noticed some people in the parking lot, thinking they have hot rods, and or think there somthing. I have sat back all year, but i cant hold off any more. Its finally getting to me, from all the Wet Spins, bleach burn offs, and Rain fish tails from a 70 modle ford 302, a bowtie sporting a stock caddi motor, and a elcamino that i have had to hear talk about and rant and rave. Im trying to deside what car i should smoke first. o yea and i almost forgot a 70- 80 modle dodge with a 318 in it. Ha dirty dodges, so Boys which car should i pick first?
High School is such a hard experience for anyone. I promise years from now that when you look back on your high school years you will laugh. You will realize how stupid high school kids are. Everyone always trying to fit in the best way possible even thou it might not always be the best way. Those people in your parking lot with the hot cars think that having the hot cars are going to help make them fit in. I promise that when you graduate from high school and go to college or whatever it is that you may plan to do for yourself that things will be entirely different than when you were in high school. Some people will always still feel that they need to fit in. They will still be that high school bully or always trying to feel like they have something to prove. Most people change after high school when all that I must fit in crap goes out the door and real life begins. For your advise from a woman's point of view. I promise you that in the end I good woman who is of good quality will want someone who is not a bully, who does not always win, and who is a nice guy. Some people win, and some people don't. If you race and don't win, but have a good quality woman with you, I promise she will make you forget that you didn't win some race, because in the end it just is a race. You have to let her make you feel better. Good luck to you on your high school life, I promise next year at this time, you will remember my post reply because things will be so different than you could have ever imaged. If you meet some girl and all she cares about is if you won, then she is not of good character and you might want to try meeting someone else
Old 04-15-2004, 07:37 AM   #18
Ackbar00
Rebel Fleet Commander

Quote:
I am srry its just that around here you dont talk about whats under the hood. I suspose i need to open up some. I will get a list as soon as i can.
Its cool, there have just been a bunch of tools I have ran into latley and think they have something they dont (Most of them have imports). Not trying to be harsh, just sounds that way

Yes, Pics would be great, do you have a Cardomain Site or something?

Old 04-15-2004, 10:32 PM   #19
1989GT
Registered Member

Oops my bad didn't catch that RHO part...LOL.
RBatson- I wouldn't call it hiding, but I was in Iraq for the last year. But I'm down at Ft. Campbell now...finally got settled in, got the internet now and stuff. So you'll be seeing a lot more of me. Glad to see someone remembers me though.
-Ryan

00GT, Vortech S-Trim, Steeda Boost Pipe, C&L intake, Mac off-road H-pipe, Flowmasters, B&M Ripper shifter, Eibach Sportline springs, Koni Struts/shocks, MM full length subframe connectors, Cobra brakes, 3.73's.
My Car Domain Page
1989GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 07:28 PM   #20
gofastmercury
Registered Member

Well I guess the Dodge and the 70 mustang won't be too hard. I think a 500 caddi motor in anything but a caddi should be pretty fast. It takes a little bit of work to do a swap, so he probably has a Dad or some kind of adult help, I would watch out for him. You were pretty vague on the el cameo too.

I'm sure your car is fast, (13's??) but there are always faster ones out there.

Losing is fun too, it gives you a reason to build somthing faster!
corrects to:13.86@100
66 merc comet351w, isky roller 600 lift 268/260@.050, vic jr. 700DP, 5000stall, 4.56's c-4, 3400lbs with driver
12.3@110 @ 4000ft 1.69 60 ft
corrects to:11.69@115
gofastmercury is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: