MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-08-2001, 04:55 PM   #1
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Thumbs up High Speed Race...Integra goes down

Well I was on my way home with my little (280 lbs) brother from the airport.

I was having a friendly race with a bright red Integra. It had a GSR badge on the back, no stickers or fart pipe exhaust. It actually looked very nice and clean. I just don't unstand some of these guys who dress up there cars.

Just before the on ramp, the race started to intensify. I got a head of this guy and we took the on-ramp to the highway back to the city. He was totally on my *** as we took the sharp corner (this car must handle real well). We got on to the highway and both opened up. I totally killed him, I took my foot off the throttle at 110-115 mph. With the Integra waaaaay behind (I won't ever guess the car lengths).

Ever since I put my chip in the car seems to hall a$$ on the highway (:confused . I guess I does drink more fuel too.

I slowed down and buddy caught up. He wasn't a jerk or anything just looked at me with a slight pissed off look. Oh, well, next time buy a real car, buddy .

------------------
White 1995 Mustang GT
Dynomax Cat-Back, Offroad H-pipe, ADS chip, K&N Filters w/o Air Silencer
My 1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 05:21 PM   #2
crumbie

Good kill!
I raced a what looked like type r integra (not riced out, looked stock except for muffler) on the highway about a month ago b/f I got gears installed. The integra followed me onto the highway and pushed me in the fast lane until I got over. As soon as I got in the right lane, he floors it to pass by me (oh no!). By the time I dropped it to 3rd, he had a car on me. Once I ran the car up through 3rd, though, I had atleast 1.5 car lengths on him.

------------------
------------
1997 GT Flowmasters,K&N,3.27 gears
RedSOHC
Old 03-08-2001, 05:49 PM   #3
fastang
Registered Member

ALL RIGHT 95mustanggt. Way to go. Im glad to hear that the chip made a noticeable difference. Why are you confused about your car hauling a$$ on the highway? The chip advertises better fuel economy in regular driving but actualy hurts your fuel economy since its throwing more fuel a WOT than before. good job, keep killing imports.

------------------
95GT B303 cam, 1.7 rockers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, milled heads, 355's K&N, off road pipes, pulleys, msd coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors
fastang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 06:21 PM   #4
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Thanks fastang. I hate how they advertise better fuel economy. It is so much fun to hammer it that I never save any fuel

I was only confused because I haven't really opened the car up at high speed since I put that chip in. I helped off the line, but it also apparently helps at top speed.
Old 03-08-2001, 06:52 PM   #5
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

Í know what you mean about the cornering. I had a GSR following on a ramp in between to major highways, so it was a smooth corner.

The guy was right in my tail pipe... I didn't want to go faster in case I lose it. This guy didn't care, all he had to do if the car starts understeering is to let off the gas.

I killed the ~bastard when we got on the highway

BTW, good kill 95.
Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 07:39 PM   #6
fastang
Registered Member

That particular chip seriously advertizes a 3/4 of a second drop off of your E.T. if tuned correctly without cats. I think thats a little steep but I wouldnt say that it isnt possible. Knocking off 3/4 of a second when your car is stock isnt very hard at all...its the next 3/4 thats difficult.

------------------
95GT B303 cam, 1.7 rockers, 65mm TB, 73mm MAF, milled heads, 355's K&N, off road pipes, pulleys, msd coil, 9mm wires, Tremec 3550, Pro5.0 shifter,10.5 Motorsport clutch, FMS aluminum driveshaft, weld in subframe connectors
Old 03-08-2001, 08:44 PM   #7
dinomite
The Dude

Silly children and their civics.....acura civic, I'll be nice.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 10:54 PM   #8
FivepointOH
Registered Member

Not trying to rain on your parade but I don't see a chip giving a 3/4 second improvement on a stock gt. I'd say at the MOST .2, OH and good kill, I raced a friends stock Integra GS-R and it wasn't even funny.

------------------
92 AOD GT, K&N, ram air, pulleys, 2 ch. flowmasters, 4:10's, shift kit, 1 5/8 mac longtubes and offroad hpipe 14.249 @ 97.34 mph before the headers and hpipe

[This message has been edited by FivepointOH (edited 03-08-2001).]
FivepointOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2001, 11:20 PM   #9
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by fastang:
That particular chip seriously advertizes a 3/4 of a second drop off of your E.T. if tuned correctly without cats. I think thats a little steep but I wouldnt say that it isnt possible. Knocking off 3/4 of a second when your car is stock isnt very hard at all...its the next 3/4 thats difficult.

Well I haven't taken the car to the track yet, but after the chip install I can spin the crap out of the tire in first, and start spinning in second. Pretty impressive I think considering I have 2.73's and didn't even come close to that before the install. When I get down to Dallas, I'll go to the track. I'll run some times with no chip, and then some with the chip.

I think It would be cool to see the difference, don't you?

------------------
White 1995 Mustang GT
Dynomax Cat-Back, Offroad H-pipe, ADS chip, K&N Filters w/o Air Silencer
My 1995 Mustang GT
Old 03-08-2001, 11:45 PM   #10
FivepointOH
Registered Member

Yeah run some times with and wihout the chip... if that thing can give a 3/4 second difference I might have to go buy me one.. You have a t5 i assume?

------------------
92 AOD GT, K&N, ram air, pulleys, 2 ch. flowmasters, 4:10's, shift kit, 1 5/8 mac longtubes and offroad hpipe 14.249 @ 97.34 mph before the headers and hpipe
Old 03-09-2001, 09:49 AM   #11
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Wink

"When I get down to Dallas, I'll go to the track. I'll run some times with no chip, and then some with the chip."

Yea, I'd like to see that too. I'm very curious, as I've heard nothing extremely good about pre-burned chips yet...
To be honest, its probably not that much of a horsepower improvement, I'm thinking around 8hp (typical of playing with the stock timing)

Do you have an auto or T-45?
If it's an auto, the chip may have played with your shift points a bit and the aggressiveness of the transition to the next gear...(Guessing on this one...)

It'll be nice when you get down here so I can check out your ride, and it'll be great to line em up at Ennis!

(7 days till a tuned, procharged Mustang GT hits the streets...)

------------------
"The Yellowjacket"
1998 Mustang GT
13.97@103
You only lie to two people; your girlfriend and the police. Everyone else you tell the truth to.” - Jack Nicholson
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 11:58 AM   #12
95mustanggt
Registered Member

I've got a stock T5. I guess with out a dyno it's hard to tell the difference. But I did notice a big change, not as much as when I put on my off-road H-pipe, but close...

We'll find out in a couple of months though
Old 03-09-2001, 12:58 PM   #13
FivepointOH
Registered Member

Hey hammer you gonna run the nitros WITH the supercharger?

------------------
Old 03-09-2001, 02:08 PM   #14
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Wink

Nope, I'm going to sell the Zex...

A bunch of modular parts that I can no longer use will be for sale soon.
(So watch the Mustangworks Classifieds)

------------------
"The Yellowjacket"
1998 Mustang GT
13.97@103
You only lie to two people; your girlfriend and the police. Everyone else you tell the truth to.” - Jack Nicholson
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2001, 02:54 PM   #15
fastang
Registered Member

fivepointOH, I said that 3\4 was a little steep, meaning I SERIOUSLY doubt that it will come close to that much improvement. But Im definitely not going to say its impossible. That particular one is illegal in all 50 states because it requires the removal of the cats. Summit gave me a little lecture about it. It does a little more than just bump the timing, it sets the pulse width of your injectors too, especialy at wot.

------------------