MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-09-2001, 08:54 PM   #1
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Post Annoying things at the track...Top five list

1.Ricers that pull the water from the burn out area to to the starting line with there rear tires.

2.People that do John Force burnouts on street tires and then run a 17

3.POS cars that really had no business out there breaking down on the track.

4.People that do not "mantain" there cars that spill water,gas or oil on the track causing hour long clean up delays,

5.people that when there car does break and they hear a pop at the 330ft mark they go ahead and go all the way down the track and spill oil over the whole 1/4 mile. Causing eternal delays.

*BONUS* People that only want to race people that are slower than them at the track so they wont look bad.

Almost forgot: People that drink at the track and then race.

If you are hauling @ss down the track and have a mechenical failure that is all part of the game it is the easily preventable stuff that really gets on my nerves.

Its just that some people "ricers" need to have some consideration for the other people that paid money to race at the track.

Sorry for the length..

------------------
88 mustang gt convertible bored to 306 BBk equal length headers, mac cold air fender kit, 3.73 FMS gears, Steeds Tri-ax shifter, Steeda underdrive pullies, Custom off road X-pipe, 2 chamber flow masters, cowl hood, nitto drag radials, ford racing clutch, 160* thermostat 16 degrees of timing electric fan off 94' t-bird jacobs electronics cap and wires. Edelbrock 1 1/2 inch drop springs. (Best E.T. 14.79@93mph @3000ft)
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 10:05 PM   #2
Stang Runner
Registered Member

When i get the car up and going I will go to the Drag for the frist time I will make sure Not to do any of those. ANd if I do a 17 1/4 Just shot me now. It had better be a low 13.

------------------
14.28@103.0 on a G-Tech Engine: Steal Mounts, Under drive pulleys, K&N, Home ported Lower Intake, No power steering, No A/C
Drive Train: 3.55, T-5z,

Real power STUFF I Have and will put some time: Mac cold intake, 70MM TB, Valve covers (COOL ONES)255 Fuel pump NOS Dry 75HP, AFR 165 58cc, GT-40 Intake.
Next to get: Rocker Arms,Cam,Injectors 24, What might I need???See It at www.computerconquest.com
Stang Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 10:17 PM   #3
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Talking

Right on 5.0 HO. Every once in a while one of the track officials is responsible for getting spray all outside of the burnout area so the cars with street tires can't get around it w/t getting the tires wet.

..."eternal delays"... Ha ha ha.

-----------------------------------------
351W-powered 1979 Ford Mustang notchback
Stock 5.8L under custom made 4" cowl, C4 w/ shift kit
Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, Al driveshaft
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s
14 x 4” K&N air filter. Only a couple of weeks b4 Project FOX begins!!!

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 10:52 PM   #4
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Fox Body:
Right on 5.0 HO. Every once in a while one of the track officials is responsible for getting spray all outside of the burnout area so the cars with street tires can't get around it w/t getting the tires wet.

..."eternal delays"... Ha ha ha.

I forgot about that one

Old 10-10-2001, 12:08 AM   #5
elmir50
Registered Member

Once I was at the track (street legal day) and one of the import guys decided that after the first exit on the top end of the track that there were no more, so he put his car in reverse and starting driving down the track backwards to the first turnoff. It was funny listening to the anouncer getting ticked off with these guys because on top of that a bunch of them had to be taught at the starting line what to do!
elmir50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 11:57 AM   #6
Dark Knight
Registered Member

Cool

well, I always liked the people that stage with the back tires... and the people that back into the water box and forget to take it out of reverse... for the burn out.. hahahah

------------------
84 convt,'95 302,AFR's, performer
3.55's, underdrives BBK shorties
stock cam, 1.7's
13.85@102.5
and a '68 stang that WAS nasty ;-)

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 04:37 PM   #7
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

Don't forget about the moron that sits in the pits with his hood up revving the engine about 100 times with no exhaust and then shaking his head over his "tallie" can of Busch beer. These guys usually make NO passes, end up pushing their POS onto a rusty old trailer and then drinking more beer and spouting off to everyone about how it runs 10's off the bottle...

Gotta love it

E

------------------
1991 5.0 LX Coupe - 38,000 miles

13.17 @ 106.14 mph w/ 2.138 60'

[This message has been edited by 302 LX Eric (edited 10-10-2001).]
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 06:59 PM   #8
crewzin
Registered Member

Angry

One of the things that I hate is while in the line people just leave there car in line and go to another state or something and everyone has to push around them. The other is people parking behind you where you cant get on or off the trailer or right up next to you. I just start swinging around my jack handle and stuff and tell em if they dont move they'll go home with a few accidental, ya right, dents in there car. I mean damm, there's like 500 acres to park and everyone has to park in the first two rows by the lanes.
crewzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 10:44 PM   #9
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by crewzin:
One of the things that I hate is while in the line people just leave there car in line and go to another state or something and everyone has to push around them. The other is people parking behind you where you cant get on or off the trailer or right up next to you. I just start swinging around my jack handle and stuff and tell em if they dont move they'll go home with a few accidental, ya right, dents in there car. I mean damm, there's like 500 acres to park and everyone has to park in the first two rows by the lanes.
Man this is all too true. I had a guy pull right next to me and his trailor was crooked wich blocked my trailor and this guy was nowhere to be found.

Good thing my dad was pulling my car that night cause I am not the greatest when it comes to steering a trailor.

Old 10-11-2001, 05:40 AM   #10
90dpscoupe
Registered Member

All so true, heh, one time i was lined up with an lt1 i really wanted to spank, damn officials forgot the light was still on pro setting, so my reaction was slowwww, i was like wtf? but i still beat the camaro, and i didnt get a timeslip one time, cuz it was set for 1/8th mi jr. dragster ARGG!

------------------
90 lx coupe: 5spd, energy susp trans mounts, fms hd clutch, Mac coldair fenderwell, Mac h-pipe, supercoil, ADS chip, 160 stat, aluminum D/S, Black magic fan, 3.27grs.
Best time: 13.9116(on 225/60/15 firehawks)
Best mph: 98.17
Best 60': 1.9607

someday mods:4.10's, slicks.
90dpscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 07:33 AM   #11
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Do any of you have to deal with courtesy staging. Where lets say I am done with my burnout before you and I pull up to the tree I am only aloud to trip the first yellow light I cant trip the second yellow until you trip your first yellow light. That way one guy cant stage before another.

I hate it cause people that are new to the track pull up and trip both yellows and then you have to wait for a track official to tell him to back up till his second yellow goes off so I can stage.

------------------
88 mustang gt convertible bored to 306 BBk equal length headers, mac cold air fender kit, 3.73 FMS gears, Steeds Tri-ax shifter, Steeda underdrive pullies, Custom off road X-pipe, 2 chamber flow masters, cowl hood, nitto drag radials, ford racing clutch, 160* thermostat 16 degrees of timing electric fan off 94' t-bird jacobs electronics cap and wires. Edelbrock 1 1/2 inch drop springs. (Best E.T. 14.79@93mph @3000ft)