View Single Post
Old 06-17-2003, 09:43 PM   #1
1jimmy__d
Registered Member

Default holy crap, what the hell???

ok, my firend has a 98 z28 stock and we have been to the track a few times in the past (last year). the best he ever ran was a 14 flat. i used to beat him in my other mustang with boltons and gears. we just raced tonight with my new one and the first two times he kicked my ***. now i couldnt give it much gas without spinning and 2nd gear was spinning too, but he has stock tires too with the same problem. then i suggested that we go from a rolling start. we punched it from about 15mph and i was ahead for a split second, then we are beside eachother the entire way. we did this twice and the same result happened. that made me feel better than from the first two times when he killed me, however i thought i should be able to walk away from him with my mods. He said that his car feels faster this year. it has about 28000 miles on it now. SHOULD I BE ABLE TO BEAT A STOCK 98 z WITH MY MODS? I HOPE SO. WHAT DO THES CARS RUN STOCK IN THE 1/4 MILE? I WAS TOLD THAT MY CAR WOULD RUN 13.4 CONSISTENTLY AND A 13.2 WAS THE BEST IT RAN! TALK TO ME BOYZ!!!!
90 lx hatch, holley systemax II kit, rebuilt 302, BBK 155 lph fuel pump, pro M bullet mass meter wtih BBk cold air intake, 30 # injectors, 70 mm TB, jacobs ignition system, edelbrock water pump, BBk longtube headers with h-pipe, flowmasters, b&m ripper shifter, 3.55 gears, Proform electric fan, subframe connectors/removed smog pump and ac!

75 shot of nitrous!

13.2 at 112 1/4 mile- no traction!
1jimmy__d is offline   Reply With Quote