MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-16-2002, 01:59 AM   #1
robertwigton
Registered Member

Red face Hon"dua"S2000 SAYS"Great race,but ......

I've been working on my friends 86 T-Bird lately.Car was a Turbo coupe.Converted to 89 GT motor /5 speed.Flat tops w/"F" cam +
Home ported(By me) and milled (.040) E7s.Torqur 2 intake,4 hole 1" spacer, 650 mech sec Holley,2.5 w/cross over,.2:73 rear gears-electric fan of a Sable.He mostly runs about 97 MPH @ 14.40s w/2.10 60ft.We had just put on a set of Summit cheapo long tubes and where @ the track trying to dail in the jets+timing with headers.For some reason not aparent he lost a couple of miles MPH and was running 14.50s.Soooooooo,its getting late and he makes his 2 to last run .we where watching his time and trying to figure our next "Adjustment" when this guy comes over and says"Great" race!I was like"ya" great!!!AFTER HE LEFT , I ASKED MY FRIEND "WHO"Was that??? he said that he was in the lane next to him on the last run!I was like,YOU missed 3 gear!
He just said"I know"!I really don't mind most of these guys , and these guy was real nice,BUT!I'm really sick of going to the track,and getting 4 runs in 5 hours 'cause these guys with there "Hot" xmports are doing 50ft burn-outs for 12 mins every time that they get to the staging lanes! And then,theres the guy w/the WRX that was talking on his phone at the entrance gate like he was John Force....he runs,and I watch him all nite....he's running 14.50 @ 97 MPH.These things are faster then that STOCK!
He was putting ice on the intrecooler,"Ya" don't worry about the "Other"200 people out here,just "Water" down the hole track,OK!Then theres the guys with the "15" sec rx7 that ,no matter what happens,they'll always be "Winners"if they make it to the end of the track.....even if they gotta spend the next 3 hours cleaning up the oil they laided down to get the end of the track!
wires,under drive pulleys,no smog
timming @ 16 deg,K&N,70 mm maf,
Pro5.0shifter,Home made frame con.
south side lift bars,3.73 bald @#! tires(2 on rear!)Sony C-D and Rockford fasgate rear,w/sony explode
5 1/2 in front.
robertwigton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 08:43 AM   #2
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

SEE!

Proof that the ricers are racing when you don't even know they're there....

Now that explains all the "Viper goes down" threads on the Civic boards...
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 11:44 AM   #3
The Deuce
Registered Member

So does that mean your friend beat him doing a shake down run?

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 02:22 PM   #4
inferno
The Instigator

I understand that not everyone can drive a car to it's full potential but geez.....I can understand the bad driving in the S2K because they are difficult to launch correctly, but anyone who can't launch a WRX needs some kind of drivers training.
Old 08-16-2002, 03:45 PM   #5
Rev
Registered Member

Default WRX

I lined up against a WRX at the track one mnight twice on "test and tune" night . I talked to him in the staging lanes . He said he was running 14.3/92 (I think). I'm not so sure that they run as fast as many folks believe.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 04:58 PM   #6
inferno
The Instigator

I understand what you are saying rev, but an AWD car should be one of the most consistant cars in terms of track times....same thing with people driving automatics.
Old 08-16-2002, 05:41 PM   #7
Rev
Registered Member

Default Automatics

That's true about autos. I usually run within a few hundredths of a second on the same night at the track.

Rev

O.B.C. #2

'66 coupe
Rev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 08:27 PM   #8
slick4_6
Registered Member

I run a WRX the other night at the track. I had been wanting to see what they would run. I was thinking I could run him down at the big end. He ripped me a new one. He said all he had changed was the impellar in the turbo so he was seeing 16# of boost instead of stock 14#. He pulled a 12.8 at 108 with a 1.60 60'. I ran my best run of the night in my 99 Cobra which was a 13.9 at 102.
#3202 of 4040
slick4_6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2002, 02:59 AM   #9
robertwigton
Registered Member

As for "Ricers".......Ya,I'd say a lot of there "Kills' are when some one is exiting the road etc....The WRXs are pretty mean.I've never seen one at my track run that high a trap speed(He most likely also had a small shot of NO2,that there little game....YA,!!! Its damn near stock!)But I have seen a few running about 102 MPH...Don't remember the time,just that 102 atn't playing!
I'll have to tell you guys about the other nite,when all the "Young"
punks where "hoot'en and holler'en" about the mid 11 @ 118 MPH RX7 was running....What about those "Muscle cars"!!!
they where all yelling!Then,later on I'm checking out the car....
Transplated Buick turbo 6 out of a Grand National! Why won't these guys wake up!
wires,under drive pulleys,no smog
timming @ 16 deg,K&N,70 mm maf,
Pro5.0shifter,Home made frame con.
south side lift bars,3.73 bald @#! tires(2 on rear!)Sony C-D and Rockford fasgate rear,w/sony explode
5 1/2 in front.
robertwigton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 04:24 PM   #10
mike_navigator
Registered Member

well my friend in his s2000 ran a 13.9 bone stock on a crappy track here in fayetteville. People have told him he can drive but he doesnt say he is but alot of people here in fayetteville cant drive, like the 99+ gt running 17s

mike
admin of
www.v8tec.com
mike_navigator is offline   Reply With Quote