MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Stang Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-02-2002, 02:04 PM   #1
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Arrow How do you get ricers to the track???

To many ricers around here think a CAI and a fart can on a civic equals a 13 second car. I had some ricers tell me last year "No way your stang only runs a mid 14 that is slooooow, my civic runs at least 13's.

I see tons of ricers on the street but never any at the track. are they afraid of reality or what??
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 02:51 PM   #2
geno5.0
Registered Member

Talking

? HOW DO YOU GET RICERS TO THE TRACK??

Just leave a Trail of backstreet boy cds all the way to the stageing lanes.
Mods:Svo Alu Y Heads,1.72roller rockers,Cam,Cobra Upper&lower,bbkEqu hedders,Offroad H,FlowmasterMuffs,BBk70mm Tb,and73mmMAF,UnderDrive Pulleys,24lb Svo Inj,Kirban AFPR,190lph Walbro,Griffin Alu Rad,Crane Coil,Batt Relocated to trunk,K/Ncone,smog pump removed,Built Aod,DSSL,3.73gears,Alu flywheel,2800stall,NOS 5115 100shot, Iknow I forgot something

Best on motor13.66@102.55 2.14 60'
Best on spray13.20@108.98(2.69 60')
I Bet mid to low 12 if I can Hook!
All runs on street tires
geno5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 02:56 PM   #3
01silverstreak

Consider yourself lucky that you dont see them at the track. Around here they all go to the track. Cant stage, open lane burnouts, doing burnouts in the wet pit. Its enough to piss everyone off and for what a 16.5 et? Wish they would keep to the highway. Although the is some ricers that actually can race they have the 15 second cars
Old 04-02-2002, 03:26 PM   #4
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

There are only 2 imports that go to my local track. An 11 second supra and a 13 second miata.

What gets me is some of these guys truely believe they're cars are fast and dont realize how fast a 12 second car really is.

When I first joined this site I was not proud of the fact that my car ran a 15.2 @89mph but at least I wasnt just pulling a figure out nof the air.

This guy in a 96 mistic cobra that has a ricer mentality said that his car would run high 12's at the track. When he finaly went to the track he pulled consistent 14.8's @96mph.

There is a track 10 miles away I dont see why these guys dont just go and get a timeslip
Old 04-02-2002, 05:45 PM   #5
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

Be careful - what you wish for might come true. Around here these ricers really clog up the drag strip on Wednesday nights when I go to Sears Point. The track re-opens any time now since they redid it and built a new drag strip, but there were 300+ cars running last year on Wednesdays with a good majority of them being rice so I can just imagine how bad it will be now. It was tough to get more than 1 pass in before eliminations if I had to come after work. Those extra seconds that they take to get down the 1/4 all add up, too.

P.S. There are two really fast Civics I've seen there - one in the high 11s and one in the 12s.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 08:50 PM   #6
Ty'97Cobra
Registered Member

Maybe they can't afford it b/c they just spent all their $$$ on the whale wing, neon lights, or other useless stuff they put on their cars...
#2459 of 5082

Visit my city http://diggstown.myminicity.com/

Ty'97Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2002, 09:27 PM   #7
GodStang
College Stanger

Hey guys if you save your tuna fish cans and if you heat them up you can make yourself your own rice burner. I think Japan has a different way of telling time. This must be it cause that is the only way some of these guys will ever get 12's in a burner. Down here in SC all we have is ricers at the trac. They sound like angry bumblebees. Some guy in a CRX tried to race me and I blew his doors off and I have a slow v-6 car. Well guys best of luck racing. Stay safe we had a guy last month die at the local track. so be safe.
Old 04-02-2002, 09:49 PM   #8
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

Default silly ricers

Ricers at the track make for a not so fun time. They clog up the lanes and blast their "systems" while they are waiting. Our local track has become so infested with these cars, I can only make a few passes. A few passes like 3!! Yes, only 3 passes during a typical test and tune night.

What do the ricers have to test and tune anyway...Their fenderwell mounted "intake"??

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 12:00 AM   #9
HondaSpanker
Registered Member

Yea, we have these ricers up here at the racetrack at porltland oregon. And last year at the high school drags (strictly for high schoolers for about 3 hours) I only got to make a couple passes in my probe. ONLY 2! OMG there were a ton of ricers. The fastest one i saw was a 13.6 and that was this guys civic which he poured 6 grand into. He ran about 2 or 3 times and gave it the bottle all three times. Sheesh, this was about 6 months ago and THANK GOD HE FINALLY PUT A ROD THROUGH THE BLOCK!!!!
Peace and Much Love
Rob
Old 04-03-2002, 07:42 AM   #10
crewzin
Registered Member

Default I eat rice too

Just tell them a sticker convention is being held there and they will come out in masses.

But you really dont want to many to show up at the track. They screw up the whole works. Last time I was out a guy with some kind of little 2 door rice was sitting in the lanes just revving up his 2 1/2cyl and watching his computer trending those 100 hp. Oh boy that laptop with all those colors and crap you wouldnt even need like the amount of dbs coming out of his tailpipe. I just laughed and then really laughed at his 16 second time. Sure was loud though.

red 40
I HATE RICE.....
crewzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 08:01 AM   #11
vtec8ter
Registered Member

you want rice.... come to md!!! every street-racing spot. every track, every road in general. that same annoying sound. same annoying looks.....neon everywhere, with a wheedwacker exhaust. when we try and race on the street, i sware the cops come to the spot so fast because.... while the real cars set up the money races, the ricers race themselves in traffic. and when they do happen to race each other. rather than going to another spot and racing with no traffic, they go to a crowded street, so people can see them as far as at the track.... 17 and 18 second cars. 4 cylinders that are louder than the stang's. doing burnout's in the staging lanes..... the only good thing about them is they rarely BREAK.
vtec8ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 09:14 AM   #12
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Yes I guess I better be carefull what I ask for.....I would just like to smoke some of these big mouth guys around here.

My brother raced a guy in a V6 stang the other night that said he ran mid 14,s @101 cause he spun so bad.....his mods CAI and ricer exhaust...My brother was in his 86 300zx and smoked this guy. Afterwards my brother shows the guy a timesliop of his best run a 16.4 @82mph........Should of seen the guys face.

Later,
Old 04-03-2002, 11:56 AM   #13
67GTACoupe
Registered Member

Sup all,

yeah becarful what you wish for, when i have gone to the track there are hardly and ricers (Famosa on T&T is usually like a muscle car convention), but on the street its like china, i can sit in parking lot on Friday night and suddenly you will hear whats sounds like a swarm of bumble bees and you will see some bright colors and so on, i went out there once and the fastest ricer was a MR2 with "stuff" done to the engine (CAI, exhaust) and his car had wings and air scoops just randomly put on the car, it was hilarious, and him talkin big **** wanted to race my stock stang (known of them knew it wasn't a 289) and i smoked his car like a cheap cigar infront of all his lil ricer friends, ahh the stupidity of the rice do the really think that just cause they have exhaust, CAI and NOS and a body kit that they will run 10's? well sorry for long message

Steven

Drive Fast, Race Hard, Beat Ricers.

Live your life a 1/4 mile at a time
67GTACoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 04:42 PM   #14
Nitrous Al
Registered Member

Thumbs up

We have the chance to beat all the "Fast and Furious" pretenders at Englishtown, NJ on September 7th. Detroit vs. Import drag racing! Anyone going to attend? We got to start making plans. Ford has to win this race!
Nitrous Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2002, 04:55 PM   #15
Jeb_Bush_2000
Registered Member

Al, any chance you're going to be at Epping this weekend?
Jeb_Bush_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote