View Single Post
Old 12-04-2002, 11:00 PM   #9
Shaggy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by blue00gt
(snip) They are good on windy roads, but they aren't drag cars.(snip)
About 4 years ago (i think it was pre 99 body style mustang) Sport Compact magazine did a road test comparing the SIR and a 4.6 gt (bone stock non-PI car). Even by there own admission the Mustang beat the SIR in Drag racing, and Road racing (both on an actual track and a closed of mountain road)not by a little but alot they even admitted that For the price of a Mustang vs. the SIR and what it would take to make the SIR competitive the mustang would would cost less. They even tried to make a stacked test against the Mustang and lost by their own admission. I want to say Brian evans was the mustang driver but wouldn't swear to it they did bring in an outside driver because they admitted they would not have driven the car "properly" .

That article kept the rice quiet for a long time here and provided hours of laughs any time a kid woulf try to say he could out handle us. Some of my friends and I were more than proud to pull that Mag out of our car to show them the test and watch the smirk dissapear off there face.

I do not know what the sight is like anymore but there used to be some knowlledgale people at http://www.clubsir.com/ in the forums if you want more info.