View Single Post
Old 01-06-2001, 11:21 AM   #5
88GT5.013.02

Around here in the Detroit area, if you have ANY sports car you will get a race. It doesn't matter if you are in a mustang lined up against a Dodge ram pickup.

I know it is the motor city, but come on there must be something in the water around here.

I get quite a few races with legit competition though Maybe it is because we get cabin fever from winter and during the summer we let loose.

Last year I me up with an LT1 vette and thought I was going to smoke him. So we take off and we were pulling door to door from a second gear roll. Then I pounded third and we were still even, then out of no where I heard this loud *** whistling noise start to walk me. I met up with him at the Woodward Dream Cruise where he proceded to walk me again, and found out he has an 8 lb Pro-Charger. He said he ran 12.2 on street radials (not drag radials).

------------------
88GT stock shortblock, ported GT-40 iron heads, ported Edlebrock Performer intake, 24# inj, Pro-M 75mm Bullet MAM, 3.73, hurst short throw, F-303, electric fan, alum rad, FMS HD clutch, R134a ac conversion, 70mm TB , and some other stuff I probably forgot, best run so far on ET streets is 13.02@106 with a 1.87 60ft (Full body weight GT, full tank of gas, and sway bars connected, gonna disconnect sway bars and dip into the twelves).