View Single Post
Old 10-21-2003, 06:38 PM   #12
MATTKNIGHT
Registered Member

Default A little info on this....

I owned an auto 89 GT and I know from personal experience that you can control the shifting of the aod a little. I know that you can make the trans lock into 1st gear by pulling the the shifter all the way to the rear (2nd) and then pushing it back into drive and slamming it back into 2nd quickly. The car will shift down into first and lock there until you shift it back into 2. When its locked in first you can stage and prepare to launch. when you launch the transmission WILL NOT shift into second without you actually shifting it into 2nd. From there you can shift it into drive, and if necessary into OD. The only time it will change gears automatically is when you shift into drive, from there it will act normally unless you repeat the sequence above. I only used the method above when I ran my car at the track. I know that this was the case for both my own and my friends 93 gt. I dont know if I would classify this as a "power shift", but you can control the shift point from 1st to 2nd. My car would hit second hard enough to break the rear tires for 10 ft. It was good enough for me, untill I got my 5 speed 95 gt!

Hope this helps.
Matt